Reservation Rewards / Unauthorized charges on my visa bill!

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I noticed these odd charges on my visa bill. It was $12 a month from reservation rewards. At first I didn't think anything of it, I thought it must be something I purchased. But then after 3 months I googled reservation rewards and discovered it's a big scam. I called visa to dispute the charges and they suggested I call the company, http://www.reservationrewards.com/, which I did. Thankfully it wasn't to hard to cancel my membership to something I never subscribed to and have my money refunded. They said I subscribed to their service (I still don't know what that is) when I ordered a software program from Shozam.com. I didn't do that.

The web is littered with similar complaints about reservation rewards; I don't understand how they can be allowed to continue to operate.

Comments

• Ea
      21st of Feb, 2009
    Reservation Rewards - never heard of them
    buisness

Never heard of reservation Rewar until the other day and they are taking money out of my account and I never authorized anyone to do that.

• Gb
      16th of Apr, 2009

Yes, someone got to do sth against this fraud, I was charged since last Nov. to now

• Da
      21st of May, 2009
    Reservation Rewards - Bad business practice
    Wil Reservation Rewards

This is not a business. For some reason we had a $10.00 unauthorized taken from our personal account. I never gave any information or permission for this. How can this happen and how can we get our money back? Also how can we prevent this from happening again? The people who took it called themselves Wil Reservation Rewards. I would appreciate any information and help you can supply. Thank you.

22nd of May, 2009

Hi David:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you would like our assistance or have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-732-7031. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at consumeraffairs@reservationrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs

• Pa
      12th of Aug, 2009

I called reservationrewards also. They said I joined after buying biking accessories from Nashbar.com.

Will not be doing any more business with nashbar.com - because you know they are getting kickbacks from reservation rewards.