Renewal by Andersen / Stealing my money

Nortgborough MA, United States Review updated:

I was given the wrong date (3/18/2014 included Sunday) on the cancellation part of the contract. The following Wednesday and Thursday I tried to call the salesman to cancel but he never answered my calls. I know that I missed the 3 day window by speaking to someone in their Renewal by Anderson office on Friday, March 21st after signing the contracts on Saturday, March 15th. I did speak to a secretary and told her that I wanted to cancel the contract and the measurement appointment. She told me that the person I needed to speak to was away and she would have her return my call the following Monday. On Tuesday the manager told me I couldn't cancel. I think I have been scammed by Renewal by Andersen in Northborough, MA.

The Manager at Renewal by Anderson was already holding half the loan, $3, 407.33 from a company called GreenSky. A $100 check given to them for a building permit but that was finally returned. They are trying to keep 25% of the loan amount! This is over $1600 for nothing. NO ORDER WAS EVER MADE FOR THE WINDOWS AS NO MEASUREMENTS WERE EVER TAKEN. I feel that this cancellation penalty is very unfair.

The window replacement cost was supposed to include a 20% discount for buying five windows plus an additional 5% discount for signing the contract that same day that the salesman was there. I feel that the price ($6714) of these windows to TOO high. The manager of Renewal by Anderson claims their pricing is regulated by the government.

This whole situation has been a nightmare for me. I now find myself unemployed and facing a debt that should not even exist!

Comments

• Wi
      Nov 09, 2014

Dear Scammed by Renewal by Andersen
    Your quoted price must have been $8, 950 for 5 windows to allow for a 25% discount for a bottom line of $6, 714. Now I want you to go to any Andersen retail outlet you want (Home Depot, etc) with the measurements of your windows and ask them how much is their Andersen replacement window called The Woodwright. You will be shocked on how much less this window - which is also made be RBA - costs compared to how much the RBA FRANCHISE quoted you. To make matters worse, this window is far superior than the one you bought. In addition, the manager of the privately owned franchise where you bought the windows is a LIAR. Their prices are not regulated by the government. They are determined by how much this privately owned business feels they can gouge the general public. You should have looked at this complaint site BEFORE you bought!