Menu
Larson Manufacturing
reviews & complaints

Larson Manufacturing
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

37 complaints
14 resolved 23 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Larson Manufacturing. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
4:47 pm

Larson Manufacturing - Item #15604091E EV Premium FV Low E SAN Storm Door

On July 28, 2021, I ordered the above storm door from Maddux Lumber & Hardware in Lufkin, Texas. The closer was faulty and they reordered one.

As of this date, June 17, 2022, they have been unable to get the replacement part in to their business!

I love the door! But, I hope you stand behind your product and ship them the closer soon.

Their contact information is:

Maddux Lumber & Hardware

Attention: David Maddux

1603 Atkinson

Lufkin, Texas 75901

936-634-3369

I had considered replacing my other two storm doors with these, but that thought is definitely on hold.

Please let me know when this issue will be resolved.

Kathryn Scott

[email protected]

Desired outcome: Send the closer needed!!!!

W
8:55 am

Larson Manufacturing - exterior storm windows

Dear sirs,

I purchased 7 storm windows from Manards in Belleville, Mi. on 04/09/22. The problem is the 2nd. catch on 3 windows are 12.5" from bottom of window, 4 windows the 2nd. catch is 17" from the bottom. I've sent 2 pictures showing the different. Would I return the windows back to Manards?

( Better storm window 36x55 white #405-5192, order # BLVL 7142 )

Desired outcome: A letter from Larson recommending Manards to receive windows for correct ones that all match.

J
9:58 pm

Larson Manufacturing - 3 storm doors

I had 3 Larson doors installed that were ordered by 84 lumber on 12/9/2019 and were installed in 2020. The doors have all had brown gunk coming out of the bottoms of door and have swelled from water being held in the bottom.

From the pictures attached, you can see the trail from the yuck on the mats and sidewalk.

Also the handles of the doors have turned a terrible color on the outsides not matching interior color

These doors were sandstone in color and contained the screen away.

Very disappointed that something that was supposed to be good quality hasn’t even lasted 2 years.

Desired outcome: Refund for the doors for cost I paid which was $325 a door.

Update by Jireland1
Apr 27, 2022 4:03 pm

I tried to upload pictures but they keep disappearing

M
11:29 pm

Larson Manufacturing - Lakeview Storm Door

I bought this door at Menards to replace what I thought was an identical Larson door that we installed several years ago. It looked the same as we unboxed but there were just slight differences in the hole placements on the side and top pieces so we took all of that down and started from square one.

We were missing the pieces to hold the glass in. So we used the pieces from our old door. And then we were missing the trim so we used that from the old door as well. And then once we got the whole thing assembled, the door was too small for the opening. Ugh. We measured 36 inches, replaced a door that was 36 inches, and the box for ours says 36 inches. But it isn’t. And to top it off, it doesn’t fit flush against the weather stripping and you have to pull it super hard to make it latch. So frustrated. We are pretty handy and the last door took us about 45 minutes from start to finish. It’s now been over four hours and we aren’t done with this crap door. We decided we are going to get a different one because this one is complete junk. I’m hoping Menards will take it back however we can get it to them.

Desired outcome: Refund

N
1:58 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Oct. 28, 2021, I (Jeffery N. Johnson) was having some play time and establishing a relationship with my 3yr old daughter Nevaeh. We had several conversation about opening the screen door and going out side without my permission, and that I also had to push the level on the handle to lock/open the screen door. While taking a bathroom break, upon returning...

M
7:24 pm

Larson Manufacturing - Storm door handle

Have already replaced original handle once to the sum of $55.00. Replacement handle is currently duplicating performance of original handle, ..no longer spring tension in handle mechanism sufficient enough to latch. Removed handle and unfortunately it's not user friendly to repair. I am satisfied with the door itself but the handles lack integrity .

Desired outcome: Your choice

B
12:06 pm

Larson Manufacturing - Replacement parts

I have been trying for over a week to get a replacement retractable screen for my door
Have been given so many excuses
I live in Canada and Larson today said they do not ship to Canada they gave a bunch of excuses and try other sites
Why sell products you with no intention on serving
Bought the doos because it was supposed to be a top quality door
You should advise consumers you only supply parts to USA. Consumers

Desired outcome: Replacement screen or door

A
4:25 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Larson vinyl clad wood storm door with factory installed PetSafe pet door. My decision was based on Larson's 10 year warranty and their claims to be the "best door mfr in the market". Less than 20 months after purchase the outside lever completely failed and snapped off the the inner sleeve around the lock set spindle. It was early morning...

C
12:15 pm

Larson Manufacturing - Storm door

Purchased the Lakeview from Menards in May, 2020. The closer was adjusted to close to our preference at the time it was installed. About 2 months later the door would not slow down when it got close to completely closing and the door would slam shut. It has been adjusted 4 times and it works as it should for awhile and then it slams shut.
This is the second problem we have had since installation about 4 months ago. The first was stripping the adjustment screws on the striker plate. The metal rail is made of such poor material the screws strip with hardly any pressure when tightening with a screwdriver.
Trying to get anyone to talk to, either on the phone or chat, is almost impossible and when you do get someone they try to lay the blame on the customer.
Do not buy from this company. Both the product and the support are very poor.

E
10:50 am

Larson Manufacturing - Larson aluminum storm doors

I purchased 2 Larson aluminum storm doors from Menard's and they both bubbled within 2 years. 2 10 year old doors are still fine. New doors they make are just crap. Have bought 8 Larson doors total. 6 older doors fine, 2 newer door bubbled and disintegrated with in 2-3 years. Stay away new doors are garbage. Appear to be painted aluminum foil over particle board total junk... No luck with warrenty claim, complained to Menard's. Will no longer buy Larson doors or windows.

1:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Never will I buy or recommend a larson product! After ordering my door on aug 13, 2019, and waiting and waiting to receive it, they sent the wrong color door. The store where I purchased the door, a lifestyle high view, with brushed nickel hardware, and waiting and waiting for delivery. I received a door the right color, but the wrong style and wrong...

W
12:42 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I boughy brand new handle last year with a brand new door. And a few months later door handle want work and larson will mot stand behind there product. They say door was made in 2017. I dont care cause I paid for the door in 2018. Just because your door sits on a shelve for a yr not my problem. Long story short dont buy larsons product they lie and deceive so they want warranty there garbage they sell.

J
3:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

10/08/10 I purchase a Pella storm door #90561332 Serial #100616. This is the second time the handle has broken. this time it locked me in the house and I had to go out the back door and pry it open with a screwdriver. Then tape it so it doesn't lock me in again. I am 76 years old and on a fixed income. I try to buy wisely the best products. This purchase...

6:33 pm

Larson Manufacturing - hide-a-screen replacement screen

I needed the replacement window and screen for the hide-a-screen storm door. Mine was built in 2006. The model was updated in 2008.
I ordered the parts. The first one didn't work because it wasn't the right one, I ordered 2 more, one for practice, one to use.
I spoke to support, she said she was sending one out free of charge. I never received it. I did get the two I paid for.
On installation day I had to call support because the new screen ends were not correct. I was told that I could no longer order parts using the serial number Required to order parts off my door. The kits I ordered are wrong! They are for the 2008 and later door.
Why there is not a webpage update stating there is a new model is odd. I guess people just don't keep doors long enough to need replacement parts. (I think Larson allows 10 yrs production parts.

So I am out the price of the initial screen and window. Then 2 more screen replacements that are no longer usable or returnable. I was told I would get the latest screen for free. (Not Free-I'm not a paid pro, this costs time and money for me)

E
10:55 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In July, 2011, I purchased a Comfort-Bilt 32" Highland White Storm Door from Lowe's and had them install it. A few years later, I noticed that the aluminum on the inside of the door was starting to crack and peel. When I located my receipt and relevant paperwork ( July 17, 2019), I went to Lowe's with the documentation and photos. I was advised to contact...

K
9:13 am

Larson Manufacturing - deterioration of door

I purchased a Larson storm door because I wanted a high-quality door that would last for years. I am disappointed. First the door handles started to wear badly the first year. I could live with that. The bottom of the door has started to flake like it has moisture inside it. When I touch it, it just peels off. It's more noticeable on the inside of the door, but I can see it crumbling on the outside as well. Because of this defect, I am going to have to replace my "high-quality" door before I can sell my home. I should have purchased an inexpensive no-brand door.

T
4:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Larson storm door a couple years ago. A contractor installed it and things seemed fine for the first year. Recently I notice the plastic clips holding the glass and screen in place slipping within the frame. A little while ago I once again tried to move them where they belong but they wouldn't stay in place, even after I added some wedges to...

1:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid 35.00 for a measurement for a Larson's Storm door with pet door On the floor they were 32, 34, 36. Unfortunately my door is a 30" Your price was 477.00 and no retractable screen Just a push-up glass. I said that is outrageous and she said that's the price for a custom door I think it should not be a custom door because my door doesn't conform to...

S
1:13 pm

Larson Manufacturing - larson secure elegance storm door

Larson definitely doesn't stand behind their product. I purchased one of their Larson Secure Elegance Full View Storm Door from Lowes for well over $300.00 and now two years later the closure has failed and they states that's not covered under warranty, actually based on what they are telling me with their so called Customer Service they stand behind very little on their doors. If someone knows of a better built storm door where they actually cover the parts for more than one year please let me know - I will not be buying Larson Doors anymore.

H
9:50 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought brand new storm door, and within a month the storm slams shut as the essential part is not working called Larson 11/11/17 and they were suppose to ship, new part within seven days, called today and was told part back ordered, now door slams every time, so much on part coming on time. Brand new door installed two months ago, customer service really is pitiful at Larson. They act like they just do not care.

Larson Manufacturing contacts