Menu
DoorDash
reviews & complaints

DoorDash
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

62 complaints
1 resolved 61 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DoorDash. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

DoorDash - Complaint

I ordered through DoorDash and was charged twice for the one order. I got online with support the night it happened, and they would transfer me to other people, that would leave me on hold and never respond. For over an hour. I eventually went to bed, and tried support again the next morning, and the same thing has happened, they refuse to answer me. Meaning I have paid $56 for an order of 8 nuggets fries and a drink from chic-fil-a

Desired outcome: I would love for door dash to do the right thing and refund what they stole

I
5:49 am

DoorDash - Doordash driver, Cheyenne in Corydon Indiana

You have a little dasher in Corydon Indiana and her name is Cheyenne. She picked up from Wendy's in Corydon. She delivered to my daughter yesterday at the end of my driveway which is very long. I have little kids and a ton of dogs. This girl has to be the most disrespectful and unsafe person Ive ever seen come here. She flew in my driveway and proceeded doing about 40 MPH on my private driveway! When she exited my daughters house I was outside and I yelled up at her, hey! When she ignored me I moved to the middle of my driveway to respectfully ask her to slow her little self down before she kills someone or hurts herself. She blatantly zoomed around me standing in the middle of my driveway and floored it. She peeled out at the end of my driveway as well. For her sake she had never come back here to this property again...I have never! Where do you people get these careless and reckless little brats?

Desired outcome: She is going to hurt someone or herself

R
11:31 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered with door dash to ihop and I never got my meal. Ihop was snarky with me claiming I was talking to the person that filed the order and gave it to the driver.. Yes I understand it is not directly ihop's fault. But they made no effort to find out why a delivery person didn't appear on my home camera and why they couldn't find out about that the...

12:43 pm

DoorDash - Delivery drivers not insured!

I filed a complaint about one of your driver's backing into my grandson's car. After it happened the driver disconnected his phone... Even states it on the police report that was forwarded to your supposedly rapid response team! My insurance has to pay because apparently your company can't seem to locate said driver... Although I can't help but wonder why since i'm sure he gets paid!

T
9:03 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered $48.79 worth of food/drinks from the neighborhood Caseys. I was contacted by 1-201-462-3980 advising my order was going to be delivered by 6:48pm. At 6:28pm I was contacted by 1-201-462-3963 stating that William is approaching with the order. He never showed up. I believe both phone number were burners as they didn’t work via text or call. By the...

A
8:32 pm

DoorDash - Dasher caused property damage

Two weeks ago your Dasher lost control of his car and crashed on my property causing property damage. I've tried to get ANYONE at your company to get involved since the Dasher's insurance has denied the claim as he was acting in a business pursuit. You let these drivers out on the road without checking their insurance, then have been giving me the runaround for two weeks. I want to hear from your adjuster or legal department IMMEDIATELY

Desired outcome: Come view the damage and adjust eh claim. I've lost at least two trees, some border needs to be repaired., and other landscaping issues

J
8:53 pm

DoorDash - leaving food

I am saddened to complain , However after speaking to the receiver of my purchase. My receiver is 95 yrs old... On a walker ... The delivery was set so far away from door , if it had rained the food would have ruined ... In the hot heat in Texas , leaving food in the heat is dangerous. The porch does have a cover and the food was left out in the sun very far from the shade of the porch. My receiver was going to have to leave the food to go bad if someone walking their dog hadn't walk past and help her.. .My receiver called someone who lives 10-15 mins away to come help her.. There was a busy signal ...No knocks on the door or no doorbell rang... Please be considerate when delivering in high heat.. Common Sense is lost in our world today. This happened today 5/22 at 5:45 pm

Desired outcome: I don't want anything other than drivers to use common sense ... Thank you

I
6:50 pm

DoorDash - They’re charging more for items than the restaurants do

I’m going to use Blaze Pizza as one example, however I have found this to be true across the board. At Blaze Pizza their 11inch pizzas are $9.75. There’s not a different charge depending on toppings or which one you get. DoorDash, regardless of pickup or delivery charges $11.25 or $9.25 for a 2 topping pizza. They’re upping the price $1.50 per pizza. If I’m going to order food from them, pay for their pass, and fees, then generously tip the driver on top of it, I at least expect them to charge the same amount the restaurant would for an item and not be skimming off the top.

Desired outcome: For Door Dash to charge the same amount for food that the restaurants do instead of upping the price there too.

11:44 pm

DoorDash - missing items

Heaven B came to my house 30 minutes after food was picked up. She called to find apt and then did not have my soda or brownies and said the restaurant rushed her. I want my money back that I tipped that young lady. She was not driving but had her boyfriend/husband driving her to make her deliveries, I am highly agitated because of the way this young lady handled my food. Food was cold and items missing.

Desired outcome: refund

A
6:06 pm

DoorDash - Customer service

I placed order on May 10th at 2:10pm and I was waiting and waiting. And still no response so I happen to check on my order it showed cancelled for the dasher. And was so harsh is that I ordered this for my child and myself lunch which costed $30.57. So now I’m out of my money for a day and no food. I called DoorDash but they only gave me a $10 voucher so I will be cancelling my app. And I do a lot of ordering through DoorDash. I am furious with DoorDash right now and I will tell all my friends and family about this

Desired outcome: A Better cancelling system

J
6:34 pm

DoorDash - Delivery driver

You have an employee that works in the Morganton Burke county area named Charity Branch. I would just like to inform you that she is a drug addict abd is high about every day on metanphetmens. I know this to be true because we were dating up until a week ir so ago when I found these things out about her and that she has been lying about a lot. So i thiyght you should really look into this being as she represents your company .. charity Brooke branch 102 roper st Morganton NC 28655

M
11:39 am

DoorDash - Hiring Process

DoorDash should be more concerned about potential employee applicants driving record rather than their misdemeanor criminal background history, and whether or not they we're involved in a recent 'he-said/she-said' boyfriend/girlfriend argument that turned into a legal battle! I was denied a job position because of a domestic dispute MISDEMEANOR on my record that I plead 'No-Lo' to, (because I didn't want to deal with my ex, and her lies anymore and go to a trial for dumb things; and I just wanted to move on, because I am an adult!). Felony charges, I can agree to discrimination and not hiring someone with a felony, but a misdemeanor charge that literally ANYONE can get even if charges we're dismissed, dropped, or found not guilty, a conviction AND/OR a non-conviction is public record for a minimum of 7 years depending on the state it occurred in. A clean driving record should matter most to DoorDash when hiring drivers, and should also tell a lot about a person and whether they qualify to be employed at this company, especially someone applying for a transportation position.

Michael Kates Sr.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a review, and consideration for employment.

G
6:10 pm

DoorDash - Delivery in Lake Mary, FL

For the second time in 2 months, I placed an order, it was accepted by the restaurant, and then canceled when driver said “restaurant closed”. NO! I called the restaurant both times, and received confirmation they were open. Customer service tried to convince me business was closed. I received a credit both times, but this is twice I had to make other plans! Not acceptable. Their drivers are apparently lazy, or I just didn’t tip enough! I always tip a MINIMUM of 20%, usually more! I AM OVER it with Door Dash around here. Find people who want/need to work. Still have not heard if driver was dismissed.

Desired outcome: I want both drivers dismissed. And I want confirmation.

O
1:38 pm

DoorDash - blocking driveway

Driveway blocking: coming back from shopping. Driveway blocked by the driver, honked twice, he turned his head once and continue walking to the customer's house. Not even said anything except-- i'm delivering food,... go ahead complain...I've the pics of CA Lic Plate: 8W... Excuse me, is this company has policy not to block the driveway or don't care!? I've to rush to the restroom. Need

the justice on my right. I've seen this car dropped off at least 1 to 2 times in before and even there had parking space. Thank you.(App. 10:10 am 05/01/2022Sunday. this street is busy with soccer players drop off, i've to double park on the small street in Willio Glen area(will provide pics if this is legitimate place to care about the 'victim').

Desired outcome: need the justice of my right

7:38 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DoorDash - Horrible!! Do not use DoorDash ever.

If I could rate less than one star I would.

Horrible! Firstly, the driver never called to let me know the items were on the front stoop as with other services. Secondly, he left off a bag of chips. Thirdly, there was a $10 price difference between the menu online with Door Dash verses direct from Tropical Smoothies.

They said it is in their agreement with us when we purchase there may be price differences. But $10?! Unreasonable and I will never, ever use the joke of a service again.

Desired outcome: A full refund of cost and tip

C

DoorDash - Employee

She left my food on the ground. No call before she did it. I really don’t appreciate it at all! The ground is very nasty! I threw the food away! I paid too much money for this too happen! Shanterria was her name! I’m horrified! I had my door opened while I waited for her and she didn’t even have the decency to knock on the door! She didn’t knock because my dog would’ve barked! I hope to never get her again in my life!’ My email is [email protected] Please let me know how this SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE was resolved

Desired outcome: I want a full refund and I want her talked too!

K
7:30 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DoorDash - My door dasher: Rebekah.

I am located in Oklahoma City. I had a door dasher named Rebekah. She was so rude during my experience. She hung up in my face when I tried to give her directions to me. Told me I HAD to get out there and meet her though she was in front of my door. I have Covid.. which is why I was doing DoorDash in the first place and my directions clearly said leave at door. She was so passive aggressive and had a disgusting attitude. She then threw my groceries at my door and stormed off and slammed the gate behind her.

D
4:50 pm

DoorDash - Chinese food delivery

I ordered my Chinese food and the order was placed at 1:50 pm. I watch the GPS screen to see when it's picked up etc. The screen showed that someone was at the restaurant waiting for the order, and then suddenly that information disappeared. I called the restaurant and they said the order was ready and they were just waiting for a pick up. What should have been a 20 minute delivery was 55 minutes. The food is warm at best.

The young lady who finally delivered it (Ashley) was great. I would like feedback given to someone as this was a poor outcome.

1 comment
C
Apr 15, 2022 10:20 pm

The tip was.probably low or it was a no tip and then the order wasn’t ready when the original driver got to the restaurant so she dropped it

M
8:20 pm

DoorDash - Dasher direct

I have been waiting for a physical dasher direct card for over 4 months. I have complained many times just to hear "its on the way". This causes me to use a virtual card which has limited use. It takes 1-5 days to transfer my money to my bank.

Today i hooked up my virtual card via google pay, my card was revoked for fraudulent activity... Taking all of the money i have, punishing me, taking $180 out of my pocket.

I have been on hold for 9hours, 9 fucking hours! listening to a hillbilly circus music loop and receiving shit customer service. Now your business is closed so i have to try again tomorrow to possibly get the money i have already earned. Why should i have to go thru this? i will tell you why = your system is fucked beyond belief and is incapable of offering the solutions your drivers need. We dont drive because were rich, we drive because we are poor. Poor dash. Horrible service!

i need a solution now asap.

Desired outcome: A PHYSICAL DEBIT CARD IMMEDIATELY I.M.M.E.D.I.A.T.E.L.Y + MY VIRTUAL CARD REINSTATED + A CALL FROM YOUR BEST REPRESENTATIVE + INSTANT ACCESS TO THE MONEY YALL ARE WITHHOLDING FROM ME. 682.297.0280

E
10:53 pm

DoorDash - Food delivery

I ordered food from Popeye's on 3-13-22 in Des Plaines at 7:10PM. The order was picked up and not delivered until 8:15 pm. According to the map the driver took the longest route to get to my house from restaurant which was 2.8 miles away. Terrible service and I will not use restaurants that use door dash as their delivery service. This is totally unacceptable for this day and age when GPS should direct the drivers to the location. Get better drivers who can deliver food that is not cold and inedible.

DoorDash contacts