Renewal by Andersen Logo

Renewal by Andersen

Having problems with Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 31, 2008. The latest review The sales manager pressured us into purchasing was posted on Sep 28, 2021. The latest complaint Ownership was resolved on Feb 13, 2015. Renewal by Andersen has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 66 reviews. Renewal by Andersen has resolved 10 complaints.

Renewal by Andersen Customer Service Contacts

9900 Jamaica Ave., South
Cottage Grove, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Renewal by Andersen Customer Service. Initial Renewal by Andersen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Renewal by Andersen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Renewal by Andersen. Discuss the issues you have had with Renewal by Andersen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Renewal by Andersen Complaints & Reviews

Renewal by AndersenThe sales manager pressured us into purchasing

Hello,
I also had a poor experience. My wife really wanted to get new windows so we had Andersen stop by for a consult. The sales manager was there and telling us he would be by several times and that if we did not take the price he quoted us that day we would not avail of all the savings. I then see a commercial where Anderson states that their quotes are good for a year. We had already ordered the windows and so it was too late. They installed the windows and the caulk they used collect so much dust. Our windows look dirty around the caulk. They stated that they would come back and redo, yet have not heard from them for over a month. I was also told they would address the shoddy sales pitch and someone would be in contact with me. No one has called. I sent a message to the CEO via LinkedIn and he has yet to respond.

• To
      Tony Cardile Oct 20, 2021

Same thing he tried with us. Said The offer was only good while he was there. We are still waiting for them to finish our windows 3 months later. Worst customer service ever!

Renewal by AndersenCoins and coin books stolen

Your crew from Farmingdale installed replacement windows and door in June of 2020. At that time, my wife's silver coin and coin books were in her antique desk. The value was somewhere between $5, 000 and $6, 000.
    On September 5, 2021 I thought I would check the coins and sell them since price of silver had been on the rise. Much to my surprise and disappointment the collections were gone.
    After searching our house from top to bottom, I file reports to the police and insurance company. I basically was told there wasn't much that could be done since much time had passed. Needless to say I was angry. I had let your crew in my home and they stole from me-on top of which I had given each crew member a tip of $100 each.
    I know that the coins and coin books are gone, but would appreciate anything that can be done about reimbursement.
    Gary Otten
    7 Woodchuck Hollow Lane
    Wading River, New York 11792
    [protected]
    Account Number [protected]
    Salesman: Jeff Berkowitz

Renewal by AndersenDoor replacement

I bought a door that does not fit. The measurements were taken to make the door fit properly but when it was installed it was made to fit in a way that makes it hard to lock and unsightly as you can see by the photos. I reached out to a Mr. Nahu Tellez, he came and too photos and he was going to contact the sales rep, Michael Morris. Mr. Morris said he'd come by but it's been ten days and although I've emailed him twice I've heard nothing back. The worst part, apart from the ugliness of it and the bad customer service is that the door is dangerous, it has a lip that extends up off the top of the sill and if you're stepping down it's doubly dangerous.

Renewal by AndersenUnfinished job/product

Over-Hyped on their service. Showed up late the first day 2 hours past time scheduled, worked 4 hours, then called it a day. Had rotten wood which they just covered. Installation was July 28th, 29th. They measure 1 window wrong, said they would rush expedite it, I emailed last week to check on status, said they would get right back, over a week later, crickets. Still sitting with incomplete job with no idea when they will be back or if they will. No accountability from the Salesperson or Concierge. Saying your sorry doesn't fix the issue. Once they make the sale, gone. This company talks about the first class service they provide and and say they value the survey at the end of the job. But I guess once they know they aren't getting the 9.0 rating they really don't care. Still waiting on the response RBA! would love to have my windows completed! After Trying to contact the Manager, the Concierge, the sales person, we were accidently copied on an email from the sales person stating we are being difficult. Desmond Gaston, Phillip Spencer and Jessi Shelton all have been contacted numerous times without any response or acknowledgement other than insulting us. Over a month without updates, acknowledgements, but yet they got her their 32k and we are yet to have a finished product. Worst customer service ever. Next step is to contact an attorney.

Renewal by AndersenCustomer Service

Please see below an email dated 6/22, however the initial contact was made in May. To date, we have not heard back which is completely unacceptable. We have not gotten the replacement footlock nor have we gotten an estimate on the screen. It has now been two months since this has been initiated and once we do hear back, then we will have to wait again for the screen. What makes it worse it the lack of communication. It is like we are totally forgotten. Plus, on several occasions, the people call or email to 'Brian' which is NOT my husbands name. At this point, I would NOT recommend Renewal by Anderson, the quality of product is good, but the customer service is subpar. So, here we sit with no contact and today is July 13th! The cost of the product is considerable and customers deserve better service.
          This issue combined with the initial wait/delay and problems with install and continued lack of contact/communication are the reasons for this official complaint.
          Disappointed and dissatisfied customer,
          Diana & Eddie Weaver

Jun 22, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Jovita Garner-Acosta wrote:

Hello Mr. Weaver,

Thank you for having our service technician out to your home. We are pending confirmation on your replacement footlock for you patio door and will reach out as soon as we have an arrival date.

We will also be sending you a quote for the screen replacement due to the tear not being a manufacturer defect. You should receive by next Wednesday and we will reach out to you prior to ordering.

Renewal by AndersenMisrepresentation of product cost by Rep: James Culwell

On June 5th James Culwell came to my home to try to sell me replacement windows. The whole experience was awful first off because it felt like I was being sold a time share. The beginning price was so astronomical I could have bought a new home for what he wanted me to pay for 5 windows!? For 6 windows he quoted me over $26, 000 before he applied a discount!!! He then began to cut things down and got to a little over $12, 000 for FOUR WINDOWS! Well, I would never in my right mind pay $12, 000 for four windows!? I was polite and told him I would think about it but the pressure to close that day to secure the discount was HUGE from him!
            As we were walking out in my front yard he said: "What if I could get you a storm door today for $500?" I felt bad, he was trying so hard and he told me they were having a contest that weekend and the sales reps who closed the most visits won something so I thought, A storm door installed for $500 is only a little bit more than the same Pella Storm door I was going to buy from Lowes and have installed so I would go ahead and get it from him. I said to him AGAIN; "$500 for a storm door?" He said; "YES." so we went inside I wrote a check for what he drew up on his computer as the order which came out right under $500 and he said; "See ever a little bit less - right under $500!" He was working on a laptop in my home and so there was no way I could have signed anything in that moment that he figured up on a computer. I never got a contract by email, as a matter of fact when I started to ask about the door almost a month later because I wanted to change it he did not even have my email so there is not way he could have ever even sent me a completed contract for my consideration after he left my house because he did not have my email. He only left me with a handwritten paper which I lost and had to spend a week tracking him down through the corporate office and and a man named Wes. Once I did get him by phone and started texting him that is when I saw a new order for the change in door (he told me any door I wanted $500) and that the new door was over $1200!!! I then said that he told me $500 and he started trying to tell me that he said it was $500 DOWN. That was NEVER SAID in any discussion we ever had and a door over $500 I would have never purchased because I had already been to Lowes and had the discussion about a storm door purchase for less than that so why would I pay $1000 for something I knew I could get for less than $500!? The fact that this man is lying about the entire transaction between us in my home is so disturbing to me that I would rather eat the $494 dollars I have already given your company than EVER have you or anyone in your company ever in my home again! If this is the kind of people you send out to trick people into buying your products you can be sure I will make it my mission to warn everyone I know about your shady practices! AND my husband heard the whole conversation so if you need a witness to the fact that I was "pitched" a $500 price and never given or presented with the contact in my home he can attest to that.
            I have never had this horrible of an experience with a company in my life.

Renewal by AndersenPopulated my calendar

My calendar in my phone was populated with an event for everyday in the month of April. It says that it is spring and I should contact your company for Windows. I am unable to delete the event and when I hit decline it remains in my iPhone calendar. This was done without my permission and needs to be removed immediately. Jeanne sorensen [protected]

Respond

Renewal by AndersenBilling through green sky and their customers service

I replaced a sliding glass door, and this company screwed the first time. I called them back to fix it with a promise that they will not charge any money on it. However, the next month they sent me a big bill from $14k to $32k which is a very big amount. It's not the amount that we agreed. Then I tried to call them multiple times to sort it out and never ever get a hold of them. They were being unprofessional and rude whenever I mention the problem. It has been a year and I need that to be fix immediately. It's frustrating when I get charged a tons of money but don't know where it comes from. The customer service is insanely horrible. Dragging me around that seems like they try to avoid solving the problem for the customers. A horrible company to work with and I never work with them ever again. They seem like a fraud company to me.

Respond

Renewal by AndersenRenewal by andersen window frames

Spent Thousands of dollars in 2013 for window replacements. Two of the 2nd floor window frames are falling apart. It seems that thet were put together with caulking rather than a more permanent hold. None of these window have been abused...waiting for the rest to fall down. Have called Renewal by Andersen many times ... no response after leaving many messages.
                  Eli Doucette - [protected]@outlook.com
                  32 Westwood Dr., Simsbury, Ct 06070

• Lo
                      Lorrainemarie Sep 24, 2020

I am having the same problems. I also have condensation on my picture window. Shoddy installation!
                      Next to impossible to get them out here to correct the problems that I am having.

Dec 24, 2019

Renewal by Andersen — disappointing

I am writing to identify a problem with a RBA Installation of a Front Entry Door. We have tried working with...

Renewal by Andersensliding glass door

We requested a quote for a sliding glass door. The rep comes over fairly late in the evening and it lasted 3 full hours. At the end, he tells us that the deal he's offering is void as soon as he walks out our door, so we had to make a decision on the spot. Even though they say their quotes are good for a full year after. So we felt pressured and agreed to it.

During the 3 hours, we selected a color for the outside as well as the inside of the frame. However, it was installed with the frame inside as natural wood, which we then had to paint ourselves. The door cost over $6, 000.. we should not have had to paint it ourselves.

About a month after the install, we get a call from a rep telling us that we have to schedule an inspection by the city and that our city permit was about to expire.. if it expired, we would have had fines. Not only did they not tell us that we needed an inspection or the timeline of the permit, but the information that we needed (permit#, etc) was not provided to us until that call, so we couldn't have scheduled it before that even if we wanted to.

Now, about 2 months after install, the sliding screen on the outside is sticking. We requested service. The rep calls to schedule the service and tells me I need to take a picture of a sticker on the frame and text it to them. There is no sticker. I asked why they don't have the info on the sticker on file, he said "it's the customer's responsibility". He then said that if I can't find it, it may delay the service if they need to order parts. I tell him that it doesn't make any sense that they don't keep the info on file or that they didn't tell us about this when they installed. He didn't really offer anything other than "sorry".

A few days after the install, I got a request to submit a review. At that time, the only issue we had was the frame wasn't painted. While it was annoying, it wasn't a huge deal, so I left a decent review. The next day, I get an email from the "customer service manager", Greg Haden. Of course, thanking me for the review. By this point, we had the call from them regarding the inspection requirement and I emailed him back to complain about the issues we'd had. To this day, a month later, I have not heard a single word from them.

If I could take back the original review, I would. In lieu of that, I will be sure to tell everyone I know of our bad experience. Additionally, we will not be purchasing any more products from this company. They clearly don't care about their customers.

Respond

Renewal by Andersenmy door was measured wrong by the final measure guy.

I had 11 windows and 1 patio door replaced and the final measure guy insisted that the sales guy didn't know how to measure and he changed the size of my door. The day of the installation they did all of the windows first and then started on the door. They took the old door out and when they tried to put the new door in it was 2 inches to tall. They tried to convince me to allow them to cut 2 inches off of my header which I refused. They then took 4 hours to finally board up the opening. I then had to wait 1 month for my correct door. During the 4 hours of nothing about 20 flies came into my house and my air conditioner broke. I had to call a air conditioner guy to come on Sunday to fix it. I would like a 10 percent discount on my windows. My name is Ellis Edwards II and my phone number is [protected]

my door was measured wrong by the final measure guy.

• Lo
                          Lorrainemarie Sep 24, 2020

Awful company. I made the worst mistake going with them. I also had a boarded up door because of a mistake they made. My windows don't fit properly. All new windows and they have to have weather stripping on them. Run, don't walk away from this company.

May 14, 2019

Renewal by Andersen — charged 20% penalty after cancelling window order one day late.

On 4/1/19 a sales rep. sold me a Bay window after a 3 hr. presentation. I made a snap decision for which I...

Renewal by Andersenbroken latches

renewal by andersen of albama
                        dba Integrity Home Services LLC
                        108 COURT WAY 1
                        PELHAM, ALABAMA 35124

KEN REIS WAS THE ONE IN CHARGE We signed agreement in October 4 2018
                        with them. Windows were finally installed in January 24 2019 We had four latches (black) that were broken. He told us he would come back and replaced. We told him not to go to any trouble just send them to us and we would replaced them. As of 4/25/2019 we have not received them after several emails and was told they were not in. We paid almost 16, 000 dollars for these windows and have been patient. Also they left two containers of window trim and etc that are about 20 feet long and left in our garage. Please help if you can. Attached is photo of the latches we need

Candace Williams
                        1312 Lytelle Circle
                        Anniston, albama 36206
                        Phone [protected]
                        email : [protected]@aol.com

broken latches

Renewal by Andersen — window installation

Ordered windows for my new home and spent 26, 000 dollars. First the most expensive window in my house did...

Renewal by Andersen — your delivery driver incident

Date of Incident: September 6, 2018 Time of Incident: approximately 12:30 Place: Monroe and Shore Road in...

Renewal by Andersen — unethical behavior

Bought 4 replacement windows. Program was NO money down, NO payments, NO interest for 2 years. Before...

Brewster

Renewal by Andersen — door order gone wrong

Please reimburse Green Sky for the monies you took from them on our account. $4, 995 plus penalties and...

Renewal by Andersen — windows and doors

This company sends constant spam. I am not sure how I got on their mailing list, but I have been receiving 6...

Renewal by Andersen — recent window order

Did not receive or install a $3, 203.00 46W 80H window. Installed the interior trim around the windows on...