Reliance / Complete waste of money and time for an unworthy service

I had been transferred to Bangalore and hence had to change my number to local to avoid roaming.I had applied for an address proof to the company I worked in and they provided me with the same in a few days. During the process, I was not asked to submit the proof and had to pay Rs220/- for the process which had been rendered free till last month!! After a week,they discontinued the services of my mobile-no incoming,no outgoing,no customer care and no message from reliance stating the reason. On inquiry, I was told that I would have to submit the address proof or wait for 10 days..who the ...would wait for 10 days?? They suggested that I take a new number and pay them Rs224/- (all for the slip of responsibility from their side). The people in the web wold didn't warn me that I would be loosing all my balance amount (I had just recharged with Rs675/- coupon). After all that crap and loss of balance,the service was resumed only to be debarred in another week's time without any notice. There was a message this time after 12 hours saying that they haven't received my application form..wt the ...#$%$#%. After umpteen calls to the web world, the person still had the no new answers to give!!! A complete waste of money and time for an unworthy service.

A  15th of Mar, 2007 by
A copy of email to Reliance web World - Powai Mumbai:

I just want to tell you a serious concern ( Not me rather all customers at Powai Web world has the same experience). I took new connection from reliance in mid feb ( Due to high Credibility, and just wanted to propose to my HR for the corporate connection). I gave the docs at time and my previous hello bill was pending, a person came from SRM Parel and took away phone wd due amount.

(1) After going min 10 times to powai center they did not help me even ppl were confused what to do.

(2) I deposited 2000 rs for my ISD connection on 24 feb..no one updated my account and i suffered a lot as i had to make imp calls and i was out of bombay ..i told them veryu specifically that i needed that . And they were just careless.

(3) Then i did my biggest mistake trusting once again on reliance. I took one more connection on that card as Jodi offer. They have still not started my connection from last 15 days as my fiancee is suffering and she has no phone...and i went to powai center min 15 times for this they took all my docs 2-3 times.

(4) Then they sent me to Web world at Kurla road ( Prob Sagar tech) saying that this is Termination center go there and update ur status, that was not even a termination center i bunked my company again went to powai world, waisted 300 Rs in Auto and then they finally they told me that they even dont know what to do.

(5) Finally i made a contact wd Shailesh Attrpura at SRM Yesterday he did some changes in my account and then i again went to Rel powai for the same and i dont know what will happen .

Now listen my concerns ( as i have flooded already )

(1) In this whole process i have faced a trauma and waisted around 700-800 Rs in Auto with bunking my company and going there so many times.

(2) Shiny/Natesh they told me to call my fiancee from Aurangabad to Bombay to take the phone (As mobile cant be couriered) She came and they did not do anything.

(3) Now i had told them i am going tomorrow 16 feb to Aurangabad to give her this cell, and still they did not do anything.

Now i just request you to either take some action, if you are not the right person please forward this mail to right person as i have spent 7000 rs in phone and now no one is able to tell my status of phone?? Now where should i go?

Is this the Credibility of reliance???

I have been cheated in a Big way With a Highly Dissatisfied customer experience and i will ensure you that i will never take no further reliance move and no one in my contact will go for Reliance.
Now its enough i think that Court is the last option....
A  24th of Mar, 2007 by
I bought a USB card/internet connection from Reliance. It turned out, from day one, the USB device was faulty, getting disconnected every 10 minutes. I called the Webworld and they gave it to the service center. Even after 10 days, I neither have the device, nor a replacement, nor a refund. It seems I have lost my money. I am ruing why I didn't go with Airtel.
A  18th of Apr, 2007 by
I brought a cell phone from Reliance of Nokia make. On March 28, 2007, they barred my outgoing calls and a week after they barred my incoming calls too. I had brought this cell phone a year ago from Reliance Outlet in Changanacherry, Kerala. I went to them, and they asked me to submit my Photo Identity with two photographs of mine to the kottayam, Kerala outlet. To which i protested and said i had brought the mobile from this outlet. Then they accepted my photo identity card copy without giving any receipt for the same. Today it is the 18th of April, and still my cell is not working.

Secondly, my cell number was put in through a software instead of a card, which i want the software removed, so that i can get rid of the Reliance and get a number from other service providers such as BSNL or Idea. I had asked them to do it and they refuse. Truly, i am fed of this so called Reliance Communications.

Truly Yours,
Abraham Philip
N  6th of Apr, 2008 by
Even I have noticed this problem at too many of these web world centres. They are the most pathetic customer service centres ever. The Web worlds are filled with a bunch of nincompoops, especially the Powai center.
A  10th of Aug, 2008 by
I took reliance netconnect datacard connnection of UNLIMITED access 5 months back of Rs.1500 rental charge. But every month I get a bill of 1800-1900 and when I call their customer service they keep on hold for 15-20 mins and then transfer my call to all useless duffer executives who even dont know to speak english & respect CUSTOMERS VOICE. Moreover they talk in very annoying tone and give useless reasons saying "Sorry for Inconvenience". Even after telling them to discontinue my VAS they don't follow the instructions and keep on charging me for the same...Im really frustrated with Reliance as a Telecom Service company, who doesn't know how to fairly deal with customer & dont have any knowledge about What customer service is all about...

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications