RegCure / Messed up my computer

United States Review updated:
I used the free download of Regcure. It surely worked for them!! I can no longer even to get my Norton Antivirus to work properly. Also, I can find no way to uninstall this product. Please don't mess up your computer, like I did, by believing everything you read.

D  17th of Jul, 2007 by
Hello Kathy

Thank you for your feedback. Every computer is different so it is impossible for us to give exact information on this without knowing your system. Registry items listed on the error list can be invalid when associated with non-existing folders or files. However, some entries may be valid. It is recommended that you only remove items that you know are invalid.

RegCure is one of the safest removal tools on the market and it is rare that it will remove something that a user requires but it can happen. RegCure does create a backup and restores easily if something is found to be awry after a cleaning.

RegCure supports restoring backups of items that have been removed from your registry.

To restore one or more backup files:

Click the Backup button in the Main window.
Select one or more backup files.
Click the Restore button.

For Windows XP, you have an additional option you can select to ensure that a system restore point is created every time you perform a scan and remove. If you have Windows XP, click the Settings button in the Main window of RegCure and select the Create a system restore point option. A system restore point is created and you can access it by going to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.

You can send items to the Ignore list during step 3 of the scan process. The items are not removed and RegCure will ignore these entries in upcoming scans.

To send items to the Ignore list:

Click the Ignore link next to any item.
To view items in your Ignore list:
Click the Settings button in the Main window and click the Ignore List tab.

You can remove an item in the Ignore list:
Select one or more items.
Click the Remove Selected button.
Refer to the RegCure help file for more information (click the Help button in the Main window or press the F1 key).

To remove the RegCure software simply use the "Uninstall" option found under the Start Menu -> All Programs -> RegCure -> Uninstall RegCure.

Kindest Regards
Customer Support Liason
N  11th of Dec, 2008 by
We have a number of issues on our laptop (Norton360 is broken; can't unstall, can't reinstall; various downloaded programs' setup.exe files will not work; Nero was working fine and stopped; cannot reach various servers online (iTunes Store download server, etc.) ; various browsers no longer work - only IE and Opera work, etc. We installed and ran RegCure. Every couple of days it finds 100+ empty registry keys and activeX issues. I fix, they come back. Tonight I ran a scan and fix about 12 times. I cannot fix the last 4 or 6 empty reg keys even though it says fixed. I ran it 12 times in a row including at least 3 times with wireless turned off so netw not an issue. I have tried to download both Spybot and Hijackthis and neither setup.exe will work so cannot download. I am foiled at every turn. I figure I have a virus or a supervirus and Norton360 is disabled so I'm disastrously exposed.

Does anyone know what fixes these issues? Why would RegCure tell me the empty registry keys are fixed and an immediate scan shows they are not? How do I find out which reg keys are empty? Please email if possible. This laptop (HP, Vista - which is a NIGHTMARE) is 11 months old and I want to pour acid on it and set it on fire. Thanks,
Peg C.
D  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
afrter using regcure my computer no longer works windows is missing files and drivers so yes i am pissed
A  30th of May, 2009 by
i want to reinstall regcure coz it's pretty useless by the thing is like glue! how many times did I tried to reinstall but this bug simply does not want to get out of my laptop!!! what to do! I think of suing the company behind regcure!!
A  8th of Jul, 2009 by
I uninstalled regCure after I was informed by a prompt that my subscription was up… That’s funny; I was under the impression that I only had to pay once not annually! Anyway, after I uninstalled the regcure with the uninstall software my screen started to flicker. It continues to flicker..and eventually stop after 10 to 15 minutes ALL DAY! It’s like regcure is still running but nothings there. I have a new slogan for them .. RegCure … the crappy gift that keeps on giving.

ParetoLogic Logo ParetoLogic