Raymour & Flanigan / fraud and cheating!

I made an appointment with Raymour & Flanigan for a technician to inspect our mattress & boxspring. There is a life-time guarentee. This is the 2nd mattress & boxspring that is defective within 5 yr (approx). They inspect it, just to say yes it is defective, then you pick out another one.

I set this appointment up approx 3 wks ago. I took off work. They stated that they would call 1-2 days ahead of time to schedule a 3 hr window for service. They didn't call until 3:25 today, service was suppose to be tomorrow. I didn't get the message until 5:30, when I got home from work.

They wanted to reschedule, the technician wouldn't be in the area tomorrow... I took the day off, without pay to be here, but they wouldn't do anything about it! I will NEVER, NEVER buy anything from them again.

N  21st of Mar, 2008 by
Hello Everyone,

I work for Raymour and Flanigan. I think that if you look at any company that does almost a billion dollars a year in business a year, you will hear some horror stories that are legitimate. However, as an employee that has no reason to write this except for my desire to speak about my day to day experience when I follow up with my customers about whether or not they are satisfied with their experience working with us, less then one in ten people have anything negitive to say. When I call a customer and they say that they have had a bad experience, I do everything I can to make it right. The problem is that we are a huge operation, and all that people hear is when something goes wrong but the fact of the matter is that most, by far, when I call my customers, they are very happy. It is hard for me to read these complaints, and I know that they are legitimate, but I know that it is our companies mission statement "to deliver a work class experience." I work in the Norwalk CT store and want you to stop in and ask for me. I can not bet my life that nothing will ever go wrong, but I will do my best to make sure that your experience is the best that it can be. It saddens me to know my company is phenominal and people have not been happy with thier experience, but realistically, with almost a billion dollars of sales a year, we will have some problems that we are responsible for, but if you compare people that are repeat business, referral business, and people that are angry about thier experience, you will find that a profound number of people that have done business with us are very happy and we would not be successful if we did not please more customers then we have upset. I feel very strongly to say thisbecause I know that not everything is perfect, but we do try. I know first hand because I work for this still family owned company and feel that we try to truley be "World Class."

Rich Wood
Furniture Consultant
Norwalk, CT, 06854
N  13th of Jun, 2010 by
I purchased a two piece sectional along with a dinner room table and four chairs from Raymour and Flanigan. I went to the store in Middle Village, Ny .The sales man was very helpful and very kind. My chairs for the dining room was a special order which took 6-8 weeks. They delivered my furniture on time. Because I had the furniture delivered in Delaware he even omitted the sales tax.
He even called 2 months later to ask about my selection, and if I was pleased with my order.
Yes I was pleased with my order and will buy from them again.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Logo Raymour & Flanigan Furniture