Quest Diagnostics / spouse's test results sent to me - how is this not a hipaa violation?
Yesterday I received my spouse's lab results -they were addressed to me. Working in healthcare I can not see how this is not a HIPAA violation. I am not his guarantor - rather I am the policy holder. On their site, Quest claims what I have quoted below. However, I didn't JUST receive an invoice, I received his lab results. How does this not violate HIPAA?
"The policyholder is responsible for payment of co-insurance, co-payments and or deductibles incurred for covered services provided to you as a covered dependent. If the invoice is addressed to your spouse, it is likely your spouse is the insurance policyholder."
More Quest Diagnostics Complaints & Reviews
- Quest Diagnostics - illegal balance billing 
- Quest Diagnostics SCAM! - false billing - scam! 
- Quest Diagnostics - pediatric blood draw 
- Quest Diagnostics - overbilling uninsured 
- Quest Diagnostics - fraudulent billing 
- Quest Diagnostics - Could not get my results but got the bill
- Quest Diagnostics - pre-employment
- Quest Diagnostics - poor customer service/hippa violation
- Quest Diagnostics - unlawful termination when they told me take month off n fired me no reason 2 weeks in
- Quest Diagnostics - service