Progressive Auto Insurance / terrible experience

United States Review updated:
3.35

I, was involved in an auto accident 11/22/2006 I was In the process of leaving a gas station I was stopped & the other vehicle turned in front of me striking my front bumper, the police where called to the scene.

When, the police got to the scene the other driver immediately started to accuse me of hitting him first that he was already turned into the gas station & I hit him on purpose I did not even see him, well the other driver had no insurance he got two tickets one for no insurance & he switched car tags that wasn't even his, I already knew the other driver was going to accuse me of hitting him which is what they all do out on the roads!.

I, was stopped I told the police & I told the adjuster from progressive that I was stopped but the police did not put it in the report!, that I was stopped I did not hit him like how he claimed I was stopped & he lied to the police & lied to progressive!. I, took pictures @ the scene & progressive said that they would hold of on making a decision until they look @ the pictures well progressive said I was @ fault & sent the other driver $900 for the damage done to his vehicle!, I should have accepted this from progressive sense they did not fully investigate the accident!.

I, am the process of taking progressive to court because they said I was the cause of the accident I was stopped & the other driver said I pulled out in front of him & progressive believed his lies!, I have to pay $500 out of pocket before christmas! I guess this is progressive way of telling you merry christmas!, & the other guy told progressive he was not even going to fix his vehicle! with the money well progressive said when they get all the facts they will go after him for that money, well progressive should not have gave him that money because they did not fully investigate the accident & immediately put me @ fault of the accident!.

I, believe this guy is going around doing this hitting people knowing he does not have insurance & collection their insurance money!, this is fraud! this happens everywhere these drivers causing fraud hitting people & then collecting their insurance money! I am furious I am tired of being lied about from these crazy drivers! & then they have the nerve to accuse me of the accident, which is how they do everybody they cannot take responsibility for their own actions!. This, man lied to the police & he lied to progressive & progressive believed him causing me all this mess! I have sent progressive the pictures!, & then I will take them to court for falsely accusing me of causing the accident!.

I, will also make a formal complaint against the police officer who wrote the report for making it look like I caused the accident!, you cannot driver anywhere these days without people hitting your vehicle & blaming you for the accident & lying they cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

Also, if this man had no insurance he should not have been driving if he had not been driving this accident, would not have even happen! & know he gots $900!. This, man should not have been driving with no insurance & switched tags! & he gets away with causing this accident & progressive blames me for the accident, which I will send in the pictures to progressive!.
Va

Comments

Do
  19th of Feb, 2009
progressive seems to side with the person that isn't their insured. What ###s
De
  13th of May, 2009
My complaint is recent. Accident 3/30/09. Single vehicle accident. Front axle of my truck broke, causing the vehicle to crash. There was no where to stop on the street I was on, and I did not know that anything had broke. My truck was custom, and had been that way since insured with Progressive. Value approx 12k. Progressive uses Auto Source to value vehicles. What a Joke. The long and short of it is, I would never have sold my truck, I provided documentation for the upgrades that were on the truck to start with. I offered for them to view the vehicle prior to insuring and was assured that was not necessary. Now they want to give me 3400 for my truck. They use comps that are not even close, and then treat you like a criminal when you question them. I had to hire an appraiser, who appraised the truck at 10, 700 with upgrades. It has now been 45 days, no response from Progressive. My son who was driving is ok, but he could have been killed in this accident. Never let the insurance company move your truck to a storage facility that does not charge storage. You lose your leverage. We use the vehicle to tow a race trailer and participate in charity events for children that are terminally ill. To add insult to injury, the policy renews and they help themselves to the premium for the vehicle that is a total loss. Stay away from Progressive. They spend more money on advertising than they do taking care of their insureds.
Ju
  16th of Aug, 2010
PGR ues NADA for total loss values.
Wo
  3rd of Apr, 2017
Contact the Federal trade Commission, file a complaint and they'll act on our behalf. Progressive illegally sold my vehicle. I already filed a complaint. They don't act on individual complaint, but when enough of us contacts them and file, it'll get the legal action against them moving and they'll conduct a full investigation. ftc.gov/complaint or call 877-382-4357.

Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Logo Progressive Casualty Insurance Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating