Priceline.com / customer service, hotel not in area

I thought I was excited to win a bid for a hotel on Priceline.com on the Riviera Maya in Mexico. My first 2 bids were rejected, though they were around the price that apple vacations was charging. That should have been a hint not to go forward. The hotel that was chosen for me was $2 less than from the hotel site. But this was not the kicker - the hotel was 3 miles from the beach on the other side of the highway and tripadvisor.com suggested I needed a rental car to get to the beach each day or pay for cabs.

I called customer service at priceline. This hotel was not acceptable. Before I bid - I actually looked at all the hotels in their database. This hotel was not listed. All their hotels sh0wed they were either on the beach or a few blocks. Customer Service said it was non refundable. His manager said I got what I chose for the savings. (3%savings) That in fine print - the hotel they give us is not necessarily one they when you do a search on their list of hotels. Misleading much. The description talks of sandy beaches before you bid - This hotel is on the other side of a highway...mmmmm

I was then told his manager does not speak to customers and he has more important things to do.

N  28th of Jul, 2009 by
Note: The hotels set the rates on priceline, not priceline. I know this as I work at a hotel. But incorrect discription of the hotel is also the hotels problem. They update their info with priceline. Priceline only shows what the hotel tells them to show.

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com