Pricelinemistake cost family $3000

A family member booked a package deal to include car rental and roundtrip airline tickets to take her kids to Orlando FL.
When she went to return her car on the date she booked for she found out that her airline tickets were booked to return two days prior. She booked a package deal but somehow there were two different dates on everything. Since her airline tickets were now no good she had to buy one-way tickets to get her and children home and it cost her $3000.00!!! I have sent several letters to Priceline and keep getting a copied generic response about how important customer service is to them. My family member did call Priceline when she found out her tickets were no longer good and they told her "too bad" it wasn't their problem.
Customer service is not important to them at all. Please save yourself some money, frustration and stress and DO NOT use Priceline. A good deal could cost you several thousand dollars.

chris bartholomew Aug 22, 2014

I put in my destination for Hayden CO with Priceline and book my flight and hotel and rental car. Printed my itinerary and found their software booked me to Denver CO, four hours away from Hayden CO. When I tried to cancel my reservation minutes after I booked it they informed me there was a cancellation fee of $ 400.00. Cynthia Explained to me it would not have mattered if it was 1 minute after I booked it. She also told me there was no one above her to resolve the issue of the software mistake on their part. It will be the last $ they see of mine, or my family & friends $'s. Its a small world with Facebook Enjoy your short lived company.

• Qu
    QueenAnn Dec 02, 2013

I have no major issues with Priceline and have utlized them for many years. However, I did have an issue w/ Admiral Hotel in Arlington, Texas. I went to the Cowboy's game on Thanksgiving day and the hotel manager Sherry, recommended that we use a guy by the name of Corry, shuttle services. For whatever reason, their shuttle services were not available but there was a van parked there. She told me that the cab drivers were trying to rip people off and would charge maybe in excess of $80 to drop us off to the stadium. Well he seemed to be the one doing thr rip off. He charged us $50 to drop us 5 minutes away, although the sheet he uses to advertise in the hotel w/Sherry's permission says $25 for 3 people round trip but then there's something below that says each way for 1 person it's $10. The advertisement contradicts itself. He came to pick us up about an 1 1/2hr after the game, so unorganized. He assigned numbers but did not keep track of who paid and who hadn't. We asked for our $25 back because we were in the freezing cold, my daughter was not feeling well at this time, and he stated that we need to go thru the hotel. Sherry was not trying to accommodate us, at 1st and said he is an independent contractor and not connected to the hotel, so we reminded her that she recommended him and allows him to advertise. So she became upset, told the nice rep Joanna, to give us our $50 back and stormed away. Wow!! She is the general manager. The hotel itself was not clean, elevator and floors appeared to have not been vacuumed in awhile, kids were playing football on the 3rd floor we were on, hotel towels were placed on the elevator floor, I assume for another guest to pick up because they were understaffed so no one could deliver them, socket did not work for us to charge phone, phones wasnt working for other guests while I was downstairs and the wifi barely worked. I would not recommend this hotel and I'm still in awe that the manager Sherry Smith walked off. Joanna, the night shift worker was very helpful, as best as she could be. I would not stay here for free. We checked out and stayed at Aloft and had a blast, no complaints.

sashagorsha Jun 27, 2013

Such bad customer service. Not only did we get screwed because we didn't get ANY deal, but we got horrible customer service. We booked with "Name your own Price" and we got a worse deal than the hotel itself. So we called and it took an HOUR for them to accept to give us a refund of the difference. On top of the fact that we weren't even able to cancel, we got a horrible deal because they don't include a cancellation option and the hotel itself did. So not only did we not GET A BIG DEAL, as the Priceline website states itself, but we got a WORSE deal than we would have gotten by booking directly with the hotel. Such a bad experience. Never again!

• Pa
    Pat Stroy Nov 13, 2012

On November 1, I went on the web to do a price search the cheapest rental car for a family member who was in town. we weren’t traveling; just wanted a rental car. I went on Priceline.com.. Checking the rates, I did reserve a car. Normally when we rent a car we are charged at the time we pick up the car. Unfortunately, we were not able to make the pick up; to my surprise that morning Priceline had taken out $171.00 dollars plus 45 dollars from my account. I called Priceline Corporate office they were not very nice in fact I I couldn’t get another car for the money. I was told that the site I went on some special Priceline site no refunds and no exchanges. They just took my money, just like that. They claim that their policy, “Oh to steal money from the consumers.” What can I do.
    We also went on Hotwire and they did the same thing…they took out $101 and has refused to refund my money. These two companies took over $300 dollars in one night
    And told me they are not giving me my money back..
    Pat Stroy, DC

• Pi
    Pig Aug 26, 2011

I feel the same way..and i just posted on the complain board..."the advertisements for name yours own price is a lie"

• Bc
    bcavalier Jun 18, 2011

My husband and I booked a vacation with Priceline in February and due to bad weather the flight was canceled. We had to go to another airlines at the smaller airport here in Minneapolis. We paid over $1000 for a one way flight just to get out of here (we were headed to sunny California after a miserable winter). I called Frontier Airlines when I got back after not hearing anything about the refund they had promised me. When I called them in the middle of March they informed they had already sent the refund to Priceline on 3/2/11. Everytime I call Priceline they tell me they have not received the refund, bounce me around to different departments and then after 45 minutes of getting the run around they tell me they don't have the money. It is ridiculous, I just want my $258.62 back. It is a matter of principal now!!!

• Jw
    JWall Jun 17, 2011

Priceline you name the price option, sounds like a good idea but the problem is they name the hotel for you. If you don't read the fine print or be careful to read it, they will automatically select the hotel in the area you choose and you cannot cancel it sometimes. My problem is that the hotel could not guarantee the room selection because of the type of option I choose to purchase the room (Priceline name your price), I can only find out what I am going to get when I show up to the hotel. Priceline said nothing to help but to say I was screwed.

• Je
    jeansy May 04, 2011

This is a serious complaint!!!

Background: I booked a ticket through priceline on august 2, 2017 going from iah to ewr. I got the tickets for united. Due to an emergency, I had to change my plan and I called priceline (With united on conference) to change my schedule or cancel the ticket. They couldn't change but they agreed on cancelling the ticket (After calling 4-5 times in 3 days talking for over 2 hours each time). They also agreed on issuing refunding initially. I called in after 2 days to check on the refund, now they said money cannot be refunded. I had to argue for about 2+ hours to convince them to atleast issue me a credit. They eventually agreed on it and asked me to use to credit with a year of cancellation (I. E. Till august 2017).

Present: I called priceline today to book a trip I need to make in about 2 weeks. I wanted to use the credit, I was promised, against booking the ticket. When I spoke to paris (Yy) at the manila center, she told me there's no credit issued to me. After a brief and a soft argument I was forced to speak to a supervisor, keith (Um). I was told a credit can be given but on conditions:
    1) the credit amount will only be the price of the ticket ($221.03) and not the tax ($48.75) on the ticket. (I was not informed about this when the credit was agreed.)
    2) there is a $150 airline exchange fee. (Again, it was not mentioned while giving credit and no where on the site is it stated.)
    3) I can book tickets only with united and no other airlines. (This was also not mentioned while giving credit and the rules on the site state "before calling, we suggest that you review available flights and fares on our website to find your desired flights on".)

This is ridiculous. It is worst customer service I have ever experienced. The representatives did not know what they were talking. I have been mis-lead and there is so much false information.

• Ho
    Howard Roe Apr 23, 2011

I am in total agreement

• Ho
    Howard Roe Apr 23, 2011

After calling priceline and trying to get them to fix the mess with my reservation and being on hold withttp://travela.priceline.comh American Airline for over 15 minutes with two different agents I get this notice...I did not cancel my return date as priceline wanted over $200, American wanted over $300 however I could buy a new ticket from AA for $148 and if I wanted to drive home in the car I rented through Hertz they wanted over $500...
    Dear Howard Roe,

We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show.

Because these changes have been made directly with or by the airline, any questions regarding your itinerary should be directed to the airline; we will be unable to address any questions or requests regarding this reservation. Please reference the following ticket number(s) when communicating with the airline:

Continental Airlines-DRN5CG
    Continental Airlines-DRN5CG
    American Airlines-KVUXHU
    American Airlines-KVUXHU

Please note that future changes, including schedule change notifications from the airline, will no longer be sent to us, which means that our website will not reflect your most up-to-date itinerary. Please call your carrier prior to each departure to confirm your flight information.

If you believe this cancellation or change by the airline was made in error, please contact our Customer Care Team at [protected]. Please be ready to enter your Request number [protected] when prompted.

Thank you for using priceline.com.

Sincerely,

The priceline.com Customer Service Team

P.S. -- Please do not reply to this e-mail - e-mails sent to this address will not reach an agent. To e-mail us, please visit the priceline.com website.

• Rb
    rbliven4 Mar 17, 2011

LIBROWN,

If you are reading about all of the complaints about Priceline.com, then by now you must have come to the conclusion that Priceline is a scam organization that spends big bucks on its advertising so that they can scam big bucks from people who feel that Priceline is a great travel online company. WRONG! If a company makes a sincere effort to remedy a problem, I give them my respect!
    However, in Priceline's customer service response to me, they cannot explain a $100 increase in my booking when I received an incorrect booking to my destination the first time (it was booked in reverse - not my fault). There was a quoted price for airfare from Tampa, FL to Albany, NY - round-trip airfare and mid-sized car rental through Hertz for $433, taxes and fees included. When Priceline corrected my booking, my cost increased for the same airfare, car rental and dates of booking the same, my end cost was $531. This booking was completed on the same booking date so that there was only a lapse of about one hour in my booking time. Priceline would not give me any assistance or refund or anything except, "We apologize you had the problem - but customers are our number one priority!" WOW! (Ain't that a swEEEET statement?)

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Feb 04, 2011

Oh wow, I didn't know children were on this site. Does mommy know. You are teh one who has no life and bring up someone's grammar ### clown.

• Er
    erockaf Feb 03, 2011

suck a fat one.. how(apostrophe)s is THAT for diatribe and go stick it up your ###... (capital)go scratch your ###. And next time i see you at mickey d's im gonna(going to) knock your teeth out of your mouth.. get a life(period).

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Feb 03, 2011

Since we are on the subject of grammar, I see this in that diatribe of yours (((((( youre better )))))). It is you're not youre. Youre is not a word.

Make mine a large fry and hold the salt.

• Er
    erockaf Feb 02, 2011

hey robinson... yeah you were raised right and had a proper education alright... so you said you are a costumer???? what kind of costumes do you do? who do you provide costumes for and finally, do YOU wear a costume? did your education include tact, grammar, spelling, forming sentences...etc...you said all those "costumers" didnt "took" 5 minutes to read the scam in fine print and your job would be "more easier" if ppl were nicer...i would guess amy robinson that a priceline COSTUMER rep is the best you can do in life, but my opinion is that youre better off at mickey d's and sticking to "do you like fries with that"... cant mess up that sentence... priceline should fire you immediately...

• Tx
    Txbound Dec 19, 2010

You are right about that but next time i know. You would think something as simple as a change of name would be doable. Guess not so i will not deal with Priceline or any of the rest of the mess online. Next time a travel agency would be better

• Tx
    Txbound Dec 19, 2010

I booked a flight on Priceline for my disabled mother to come visit for the Christmas holidays. I happen to call back and found out that the flight was booked for me instead of my mother. I asked if they could change the information and they said that they couldnt. I was then told that they would keep $150 of the ticket as nonrefundable. The original ticket price was $364. I suggest to everyone that reads this that they discontinue doing business with Priceline and call their states Attorney General to make a complaint against their fraudulent practices. The customer service department act as if they were located in another country like India or somewhere.

• Sh
    Shaun.A Nov 14, 2010

I've used the name your own price about 6 or 7 times and have been very happy with the result every time. I even used it for my honeymoon in Orlando, FL; and got the Peabody for $50 a night (far lower that the regular retail cost). For a weekend gettaway I used got Orlando Hyatt Place for $28 a night, and it usually costs over $100.

If you aren't willing to risk getting a hotel you don't want, or that isn't receiving 41/2* reviews from clients, you shouldn't be going the cheap way and using name you own price. You get what you pay for! Having said that, i've always got far more than I paid for when using this service!

• Wa
    warningu Nov 10, 2010

Booked Days Inn hotel reservation in Key West. Horrible experience from day one. Front desk clerk asked daughter to show chest to get a strand of FantastFest beads. Room flooded with water and ants. Dirty and dog pooh on deck of pool etc. Long story short, Priceline offered me $10 credit (cost of room was $200 per night x 3 nights) and told me front desk denies ANY complaints. So happens I had my husband call corporate on second day to be given a case number and told to it would be 4-5 days to get back with us. Pleases think twice before you use Priceline. Customer service is not helpful and really does not care about you or your experience. They refer you back to the hotel and bear no responsiblity. I will never use them again nor their $10 credit. Thank you

• Fr
    frustrated eileen Oct 16, 2010

I booked a room thru priceline and tried to cxl within the day and they would not let me cxl it and charged me for a room I couldn't use due to major car problems. although it states no cxl fees they charged me anyway... a real scam artist. I did not bid either, it was just a regular booking, they claim that they have to pass on what motel policy is and so I called the motel and they only charge for one day, not five $174. plus $67 cxl fee.Talked with supv. and got nowhere!!!WHAT A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!! I had a $2400 car repair due to overheating, and these charges (priceline)are ridiculous! They like kick you when you're down and laugh all the way to the bank. I am a sr citizen and am damn of being taken advantage of!!! YES, NO ONE DEALS LIKE THEY DO!!! TURN YOUR FANTASY INTO A NIGHTMARE!!!
    THIS IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM THEIR SO CALLED CONTRACT..NOTICE ELIMINATED ALL PRICELINE CANCELLATION AND CHARGE FEES!
    In the face of high travel prices, booking fees must be destroyed!
    That's why the Negotiator has eliminated all priceline cancellation and change fees on every published-price airline ticket, hotel room, rental car, cruise and vacation package where changes or cancellations are allowed. Please note that while we won't charge you change or cancel fees, our hotel partners may impose change or cancel fees that we are required to pass along to you. Typically, these fees are greatest when cancelling within 24-48 hours of your date of stay.

But the fee chops don't stop there.
    We're also working hard to keep priceline's hotel booking fees lower than Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, and even Hotels.com. Lower fees means lower prices on the hotels you want. So before you book your hotel anywhere else, be sure to check the bottom-line price which includes the lower booking fees.

Your satisfaction is his obsession. OH REALLY HIS OBSESSION IS TO SCREW YOU OVER!!!

If, within 24 hours of making your Name Your Own Price® or Priceline Published Price hotel booking (applies to any published price hotel marked with our best price guarantee), you find a better publicly available price, excluding taxes and fees, on another Web site for the same hotel and dates, call us at [protected] (U.S. or Canada) or [protected] (from anywhere else). If you qualify, we'll refund 100% of the difference and, for customers with U.S. billing a

• Ki
    King1970 Sep 28, 2010

Pay the tax and get a life...

• Pi
    Pisso Sep 10, 2010

Booked car rental at O'Hare through priceline. Alamo wouldn't honor reservation without me paying additional $56 in tax despite confirmation that included all taxes and fees. I wouldn't pay additional fee and even though Alamo manager agreed to cancel transaction on the phone with Priceline (documented in their incident notes)

Priceline refused to cancel transaction and is attempting to charge me for a car that I never got because the price they confirmed would not be honored by Alamo. Alamo told me that this had happened to as number of Priceline customers recently. Priceline still refuses to cancel they transaction that they renegged on!

Max Jul 28, 2010

I booked a hotel room through priceline.com at normal hotel rates with Omni hotels worldwide. I canceled the reservation within the window that Omni offers a full refund. Priceline stated that their policy is to issue no refund to the customer regardless of what Omni Hotel refund policy are. In other words they decide to keep you money and you have no recourse. They even refused to deal with my credit card company on this. PRICELINE COMPANY ARE SIMPLE THIEVES WHO STEAL MONEY AND DO NOT CARE WHO YOU COMPLAIN TO. PRICELINE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED BY ALL BUSINESS TRAVELERS.

Chiksmer Jul 23, 2010

I have done the name your own price with Priceline and it has been very disappointing..Two weeks ago I name my price for a 3 star and got The Hyatt in Woodfield Illinois..This hotel is not a 3 star and as one reads the reviews you will find not many happy travelers...This time I expanded my area on Priceline and ended up back with the same hotel, , Imagine all those hotels out there on priceline and for $69 I got the same one that I had gotten 2 weeks prior..Hmmm what are the chances of that..I tried to call priceline and of course therey have only automated phone system and there will be no refund or changes to reservation..I contaced the hotel to explain and they said there is nothing I can do..Priceline is out to make its money misrepresenting themselves..as for Hotwire..not 1 bad experience..

• Ki
    KixStar Jul 02, 2010

I stopped reading when you said you received a proper education, after you had made several spelling and grammatical mistakes.

I don't buy for a second that you're a Priceline representative because if you were, there's a solid chance you'll be losing your job soon for posting this.

• Li
    LIBROWN Jul 02, 2010

"KUDOS!" to you Amy, I totally agree with you, regardless if you mispelled "customer" thats beside the point. People should ALWAYS read those PRINT, I just hope these blinking company dont print to small, that you need a magnifying glass just to read it. I know theres a reason why PRINT is there, so people have to read it before buying anything, its the companys disclaimer, get it. Simple, if youre IN DOUBT buying online, DONT BUY IT!..Save yourself being RUDE to people who just doing their JOBS.

• Am
    Amy Robinson Jul 02, 2010

I've been reading here all the complaints about priceline, and well.. my complaint is to all those costumers that didnt took 5 min to read "important information". Im a priceline costumer care representative. I've been reading this site for about 3 months now, just to know exactly what people concerns are, but today i received a call that gave me the courage to just go ahead and write this down:

I wasnt even finishing the "thank you for calling costumer care my name is Amy, may i have your full name and request # " when the costumer said in a really bad tone "are you able to handle your job or not?!" and i got confused ... he didnt even told me his name!!! well i carried on .. since it is MY JOB.. i politely asked "oh sir, of course! by the way how are you sir?", i just got a " can we skip this part im not interested n having any kind of conversation with you" . I just thought to myself " oh dear!! this guy obviously is having a BIG PROBLEM.. maybe his flight got delayed, maybe he got an accident or a loved one.." NOOOOOOOO!!! the issue was that he wanted to unlock his account!!! I’m not writing his full name here because thank god my parents raised me well and i received a proper EDUCATION. Then i told him "sir, can I place you on hold just for 2 min while I check on your info...” He was unnecessarily RUDE and told me that if I wasn’t able to handle my job and if I kept him on hold for more that 2 min, he wanted to speak to my manager ( WE DONT HAVE MANAGERS) so I can get fired. Is this even fair?? Is it??? The call ended well, I helped him out, he was very rude I don’t know why, I kept on being polite but inside I was very humiliated, I NEVER EVER could treat anyone not even him the way he treated me.

People: the 20% of the costumers are actually VERY NICE the other 80% ARE NOT, of that 80% the 90% don’t read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION and just type their initials on their contract page so smoothly. So my advice to all the people that purchase via internet (not just n Priceline) would be to READ all the info, big letters, regular letters, RED letters, all!!! If you're taking the time of booking and purchasing, take your own time and read WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO PURCHASE. And if someday you need to call costumer care, please realize that we are people and our job is to HELP YOU ruled by the policies (the same you have to read and sign). Also remember that WE DONT MAKE THE POLICIES, we have to stick to em, it's our job, we have family to support, we have bills to pay, we actually understand you, but sometimes we're just not able to help you, and that's not because we dont want to, it's because we can't. Honestly our job would be more easier if we only say “yes” to people all the time, we wouldn’t received threats nor swears, so if we say “Im so sorry, im not able to do anything for you because the policies said that your reservation is non changeable non cancellable” it’s because we tried our best to give you the best resolution, but the POLICIES that u initialed or signed at the beginning say exactly that the product is non changeable or cancelable.

That's all. Thank you for time.

Amy Robinson.

• Mo
    mothy75 Jun 15, 2010

try this.

• Pr
    Priceline is deceptive May 11, 2010

I booked a room through name your own price on priceline.com. I selected a four star or higher hotel and was given a 3.5 star hotel. It has a 3.5 star rating on every other comparable site including Expedia, Travelocity, and hotels.com. Priceline customer service is horrible! All of their customer relations departments are based outside of the US and they all seem to be reading scripts. They claim they have no way of connecting you to a US based office. After three weeks of calling and emailing to get an answer that made sense, they told me they have different standards by which they rate hotels, which could be lower and they are not going to do anything. They are only site that uses “different standards”. I feel that their advertisements are incredibly deceptive. You think you are getting a good deal but the way they give you that good deal is by fudging the ratings. Yeah, you can get a 4 star hotel for less…only because it’s a 3.5 star ;) ;) They give you less and claim it is more. I will never again use them for anything! They should be investigated for their deceptive practices.

• So
    SoViolated May 08, 2010

I agree completely !! Priceline's policy on the "Name Your Own Price" is such a ripoff !!! I have reservations for a rental car that I can't use so I have lost over $325.00 due to their policy of NO REFUNDS OR CHANGES !!! My flight was resceduled for one week later. Its not like I was asking for a refund...I just wanted to change my pickup date for a week later. I tried talking to National Rental but they refused to get involved and stated they get paid by voucher from Priceline. So they are getting my money but nobody has to be there to claim the reservation and I still don't have a rental car. Please use caution when dealing with Priceline. They do not have their customer best interest at heart. I will never do business with them again. Its just not worth it !!!

• St
    Stan Mar 22, 2010

I wanted to watch the "Blue man" show in Vegas on March 02,

I'd like to choose 10:00 pm show, but there is only date, not time on the description but the price is good.

after I checked out, I figure out it's a 7:00 pm show which I can't make it. I called Priceline Rightaway!!

they told me: "we can't refund you, you can change the time on the day of the show, it's not a problem!" On the March 02, the ticket office told me "can't change the time" and I called priceline again, they told me "CAN'T CHANGE TIME AND NO REFUNDS". I feel very sorry for Priceline, it's not the way to do business! I'll never buy any tickets on Priceline no matter how cheap is the price!!

• Vo
    Vonore666 Mar 15, 2010

You think your getting a four star hotel that is maybe a 2.5. They refuse to change; I asked just for a different hotel and they said screw you. The customer service is the worst of all my experiences. I sent Fedex letter to two executives with no response. The hotel "Westin" in Vegas was a dump.

• Cu
    CustomerReview Feb 25, 2010

Called to purchase a simple package deal of 2 airline tickets and 2 cruise tickets. They quoted us $X dollars. Got credit card, ready to pay...oh no! They come back with the office is closed, system is down, etc etc. We'll call tomorrow and get you setup.

SetUP alright. The price magically goes UP $500

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM.

ALSO...

Customer service is HORRIBLE. You can tell they run an unethical org. when the employees are so easily defensive and yell at you. Common phrases "If you will shut your hole and listen" "We sell millions of dollars a day, and you are the only one who has an issue with how we run things" lol. They will lie and tell you they left messages with urgency that if you don't call back in 10 min the price goes up. So when your phone rings and nobody answers on the other end...gee, guess who is trying to make a papertrail.

I will NEVER use them again. PERIOD.

• Ms
    Ms.Webb Feb 17, 2010

I booked a room for Valentine’s Day at the El Greco Hotel through Priceline and the stay was awful and life threaten. The morning that me and my boyfriend was to check, he headed to the bathroom to take a shower when he reached to turn on the shower the ceiling have caved in and pieces of debris fell on his head. Thank god that he has fast reflexes others wise we would have ended up in the hospital. I went to the front desk to report it to the manger and he informed me that it had happen before and that he would send someone up to look at it. Around 11:30 we got a knock at the door and it was a maid that he sent up and instead of himself well let’s just say she had no clue what to do. We then checked out and the manger asked us if we come down here offend I said no then he said that if were every in the area that he would give us a discount on the next room. I called Priceline the same night to file a complaint they listen well but two days later informed me that the hotel would not give any compensation and his first offer still stood with a discount on the next room. I am saddened that this is how this matter turned out. The hotel manger did not care at all about the situation and obviously know about the ceiling previously and still did not fix the problem. I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel because it is dangerous and someone is liable to get hurt. I would not book through Priceline either because they were no help in this matter.

• Ri
    RicO45 Jan 30, 2010

In January 2017 we booked a hotel through Priceline.com and we've been disppointed start to finish with the transaction. First, I requested a 3 1/2 star hotel (bid $75.00)and after reading some of the less than stellar customer reviews online pertaining to the hotel Priceline assigned us, I began to wonder who determines the 3 1/2 star rating.

A few days before our scheduled hotel check-in my husband became sick.

The reservation had been made for a hotel in Philadelphia so we could visit a medical specialist who practices there. I rescheduled the appointment with the doctor and called the hotel. The front desk manager told me it was no problem to change the date of our stay, but to call Priceline as well.

Oh, brother was that an eye opening experience. Priceline wanted to charge us an additional $25.00 to change the date of our reservation (same hotel that was originally booked) and now for the real zinger...they wanted a note from the doctor in Philadelphia verifying the appointment. How ridiculous is that???

My husband and I put $98.00 on our credit card to stay at this hotel... and due to illness we weren't able to keep the Priceline reservation and we weren't permitted to change the date. That $98.00 includes the $75.00 bid and the other $23.00 in taxes and fees. We might as well have flushed that money down the toilet.

We'll be coming to Philadelphia to visit the medical specialist in a few weeks but you can be *** sure we won't be dealing with Priceline. I'll never look at William Shatner the same way again.

• Tr
    Travel Nov 02, 2009

Buyer Beware when using Priceline!!!

I booked a hotel two weeks ago with Pricline. We drove 8 hours to our destination which was our daughter college.

We arrived at the hotel around 10 at night very tired. The hotelwas sold out and the desk clerk informed us that only room left was a smoking room. I was not real happy but took the keys and went up to the room.

The room reeked of old, stale smoke, and on top of that the bathroom tub was moldy. My wife says "There is no way in hell we are staying in this disgusting room"

I go back to the desk to cancel my reservation but the clerk says "You have to deal with Priceline. Tried calling Priceline at 10 in the evening to no avail.

We never check in to the hotel and have to leave and drive around town for an hour to find another place to stay. The next morning I call Pricleine to discuss the condition of the hotel they booked me in and they basically said "Sorry...but you are not getting any kind of refund"

So I had to pay for the two nights booked through PL at a hotel that we never checked into and was totally unacceptable, then pay for another two nights at The CourtYard.

Since I arrived home I have tried 3 times to get PL to discuss and resolve this problem but they will not even talk to me about it. The hotel clerk said they have had nothing but problems with Priceline in the past and that she wished that PL did not book their hotel.

I travel alot, and am not hard to please. A clean room would due just fine. I would NEVER book ANYTHING through Priceline again. If you have any kid of issue at all you are basically screwed!!!

• Ds
    dsingleton9 Oct 07, 2009

I booked a flight on priceline and before I could finish they offer me a visa with 50.00 off my ticket I was purchasing. I applied to get the discount and to have the ticket put on that card. I was approved but my ticket was 290.04 and I was approved for 250.00. They ask for another credit card. I paid with my other visa thinking that 250.00 went on the priceline visa. I had to search for a credit card statement to see what had transpired. To my suprise the entire amount was put on my credit card and I didn't receive the 50.00 off my ticket I was purchasing. I was told that it was declinded because the ticket cost more than I was approved for.in actuallity if I had recieved the 50.00 discount I was promised the for appling, the ticket would have only cost 240.00 and I would have had enough to paid for it with their card. I cancelled the card right then. I was told I would get the 50.00 credit on my first purchase with the card. Needless to say that had nothing to do with what I was promised or what I expected. Just another ripoff.

• Ag
    A gal in Illinois Sep 30, 2009

I just had the exact same thing happen to me...I was booked into a "Hotel for Dogs"...I did my due diligence and found out that 300 dogs at a time stay at this hotel with the pet owner or sitter...I went ballistic...I have sinus problems and am very careful around pets...I was fortunate to get a great customer service person, the second time I called back, and he stayed with me on the phone for the entire transaction and helped me resolve it...I had booked this trip for my birthday...I am so disappointed that they have pet hotels now mixed into their 3 and 4 star hotels...I don't know if I will ever book with them again...I have used them a great deal for over ten years...

• Tr
    TreP33 Sep 21, 2009

Booked car rental on Priceline on my CreditCard and in my name for use by my wife. Budget was assigned the rental. Wife went to pick up the car. Budget would not give her the car. Called Priceline. They did not change the name on the contract to my wife's. Called Budget. They could not change the name on a Priceline contract.

After many calls to Priceline and Budget, Budget issued a new agreement. I paid for two cars. One was never even picked up or used. Priceline and Budget will have the money for providing no service. I will be out the cost and lots of time lost for my family while waiting to get a resolution.

• Gb
    gb123 Sep 12, 2009

finally got ahold of the vp--customer affairs (from finding the email/phone number on the internet) and she agreed they were wrong and returned the hotel voucher to me. i appreciate that she did that, but it sucks that you have to talk to the vice president to get the proper customer service (that's what the people working for her should be doing)...