Priceline.com / unauthorized billing
I went on the website to shop for room rates because I was thinking of going out of town for the weekend. They asked me to give my credit card information before they would give me room rates. I did not realize I was agreeing to buy a room without shopping first. Once I gave where I wanted to stay and how much I was willing to spend, priceline gave me a room and charged my card. I was just wanting to see what was available. I didn't realize I had committed myself to this room. I immediately called them and told them of my mistake. They said it was too late once I hit the agreed button. I called American Express to dispute this charge. American Express told me to not pay it and they would investigate. A month later I heard back from American Express who told me that priceline submitted paperwork saying that I had agreed with my initials which I did not do. So now I never used the room because I thought American Express was going to take care of it for me and since it looks like I have to pay for my mistake, priceline will not give me another room since I did not use when I had the reservation. So now I have to pay $675.00 for nothing! This was all a big mistake! A click of the button-- without realizing that I was actually buying a room! I tried to explain this mistake to priceline and American Express and both will do nothing! Priceline website is criminal!
More Priceline.com Complaints & Reviews
- Priceline.com - fraud and scam 
- Travelweb/priceline - refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number 
- Priceline.com - unauthorized charges 
- Priceline.com - do not take cdw for car rental
- Priceline.com - liars and cheaters 
- Priceline.com - dishonoring the promise
- Priceline.com - miami suites south beach
- Priceline.com - priceline visa savings for airline tickets.
- Priceline.com - priceline did not honor price match guarantee
- Priceline.com - rental cars