Priceline.com / unauthorized billing

I went on the website to shop for room rates because I was thinking of going out of town for the weekend. They asked me to give my credit card information before they would give me room rates. I did not realize I was agreeing to buy a room without shopping first. Once I gave where I wanted to stay and how much I was willing to spend, priceline gave me a room and charged my card. I was just wanting to see what was available. I didn't realize I had committed myself to this room. I immediately called them and told them of my mistake. They said it was too late once I hit the agreed button. I called American Express to dispute this charge. American Express told me to not pay it and they would investigate. A month later I heard back from American Express who told me that priceline submitted paperwork saying that I had agreed with my initials which I did not do. So now I never used the room because I thought American Express was going to take care of it for me and since it looks like I have to pay for my mistake, priceline will not give me another room since I did not use when I had the reservation. So now I have to pay $675.00 for nothing! This was all a big mistake! A click of the button-- without realizing that I was actually buying a room! I tried to explain this mistake to priceline and American Express and both will do nothing! Priceline website is criminal!

Ni

Comments

9th of Jun, 2009

Next time do your research! You did agree/sign to the charge once you hit that button! Priceline makes it clear that you are paying for what you requested if you hit that button- it is a contract! Are you an adult? Everyone knows how priceline works!They owe you nothing for your stupidity!

• Wo
      8th of Dec, 2009

I purchased a ticket from priceline. when i got the iteneray the ticket was backwards. i keyed in the computer that i was leaving jackson, ms on 11/15/07 going to toledo and leaving toledo on 11/25 instead the itenary that they gave me once i purchased the ticket was backwards. i called them immediatly and told them of the error. not only did they charge me a $100 fee for cancelling a trip that i didn't ask for they refused to refund the money into my account until 7 to 10 business days. the ticket was for my daughter who is in college. the college closses on 11/16 and the students must vacate, but because priceline took the last money that i have in my account i am unable to get her home and she's stuck in ms. with no place to go for ten days..