Priceline.com / unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
I went on the website to shop for room rates because I was thinking of going out of town for the weekend. They asked me to give my credit card information before they would give me room rates. I did not realize I was agreeing to buy a room without shopping first. Once I gave where I wanted to stay and how much I was willing to spend, priceline gave me a room and charged my card. I was just wanting to see what was available. I didn't realize I had committed myself to this room. I immediately called them and told them of my mistake. They said it was too late once I hit the agreed button. I called American Express to dispute this charge. American Express told me to not pay it and they would investigate. A month later I heard back from American Express who told me that priceline submitted paperwork saying that I had agreed with my initials which I did not do. So now I never used the room because I thought American Express was going to take care of it for me and since it looks like I have to pay for my mistake, priceline will not give me another room since I did not use when I had the reservation. So now I have to pay $675.00 for nothing! This was all a big mistake! A click of the button-- without realizing that I was actually buying a room! I tried to explain this mistake to priceline and American Express and both will do nothing! Priceline website is criminal!

D  9th of Jun, 2009 by
Next time do your research! You did agree/sign to the charge once you hit that button! Priceline makes it clear that you are paying for what you requested if you hit that button- it is a contract! Are you an adult? Everyone knows how priceline works!They owe you nothing for your stupidity!
N  8th of Dec, 2009 by
I purchased a ticket from priceline. when i got the iteneray the ticket was backwards. i keyed in the computer that i was leaving jackson, ms on 11/15/07 going to toledo and leaving toledo on 11/25 instead the itenary that they gave me once i purchased the ticket was backwards. i called them immediatly and told them of the error. not only did they charge me a $100 fee for cancelling a trip that i didn't ask for they refused to refund the money into my account until 7 to 10 business days. the ticket was for my daughter who is in college. the college closses on 11/16 and the students must vacate, but because priceline took the last money that i have in my account i am unable to get her home and she's stuck in ms. with no place to go for ten days..

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com