Priceline / awful experience

Priceline uses deceptive trade practices to make you think you are getting some kind of deal. I booked a hotel room at Econo Lodge Time Square for New Years. I thought it was right on Times Square, and would be inside the police cordon for the ball drop. Wrong. Room so tiny you couldn't get around the bed without crab walking between the bed and wall. Room $250 a night. Paid in full. Got there, realized I had been scammed, and checked out after two nights. Econo Lodge said 'sorry you booked through Priceline, you must go to them for a refund'. Priceline said 'sorry, Econo Lodge takes care of refunds'. Net result: Screwed out of $500 for two nights of lodging paid in advance.

I'm a lawyer, and if anyone wants to join in a lawsuit, contact me. I'm going to sue Econo Lodge, and Priceline, and let the Jury sort it out. Having a lawsuit pending in NYC makes all my trips tax deductible, so what the heck. If I had been smart enough to check with https://www.complaintsboard.com before I did business with Priceline, I wouldn't have made the mistake of doing business with them. Addendum: I found a two room suite CLOSER to Times Square for approximately the same price.

N  31st of Oct, 2008 by
I recently made a bid on priceline. I noted on my bid I would make no more than one connection, not fly off peak hours, and that and infant would be accompanying me (which i would be paying a full price ticket for). My bid was accepted, and as I read the conformation I was stunned. The flight they "congratulated" me for getting would be leaving just after 4pm from Baltimore Md, making two connections totaling over 5 hours of layover time to arrive in portland Maine at nearly midnight, then I saw the price the fees and taxes were almost have of the cost. I had read on their site "7.5" taxes was average plus a small fee of $5. Being that I needed to attend to a family emergency i called the 800 number to see if perhaps some accommodation/adjustments could be made since this is not what i had bidded on nor was it exceptable. The smug customer service rep told me "It's done there's nothing that can change it, it's not our fault" and "you still have to pay for the tickets". I filled out the form noting what I wanted, pricelines job was to find me that. Obviously there was a blasted disregard for the request. Only to be topped off with exorbitant fees and rude, hard to reach customer service representatives. Price Line for your service and thoughtfulness, for letting me know I got screwed, I will return the favor by telling anyone and everyone.
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
The same thing that I feel the customer service of priceline is awful. Even I think it was not me to make the request and it is computer error but they still can't get the reasonable refund.
I will never use priceline again.
A  12th of Sep, 2009 by
Hello are you really a lawyer. Snltickets@gmail.com. I also have a law suit with this company if you are interested. It with econo lodge still trying to get my money.

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com