Priceline / awful experience
Priceline uses deceptive trade practices to make you think you are getting some kind of deal. I booked a hotel room at Econo Lodge Time Square for New Years. I thought it was right on Times Square, and would be inside the police cordon for the ball drop. Wrong. Room so tiny you couldn't get around the bed without crab walking between the bed and wall. Room $250 a night. Paid in full. Got there, realized I had been scammed, and checked out after two nights. Econo Lodge said 'sorry you booked through Priceline, you must go to them for a refund'. Priceline said 'sorry, Econo Lodge takes care of refunds'. Net result: Screwed out of $500 for two nights of lodging paid in advance.
I'm a lawyer, and if anyone wants to join in a lawsuit, contact me. I'm going to sue Econo Lodge, and Priceline, and let the Jury sort it out. Having a lawsuit pending in NYC makes all my trips tax deductible, so what the heck. If I had been smart enough to check with https://www.complaintsboard.com before I did business with Priceline, I wouldn't have made the mistake of doing business with them. Addendum: I found a two room suite CLOSER to Times Square for approximately the same price.
More Priceline Complaints & Reviews
- Priceline.com - fraud and scam 
- Travelweb/priceline - refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number 
- Priceline.com - unauthorized charges 
- Priceline.com - do not take cdw for car rental
- Priceline.com - liars and cheaters 
- Priceline.com - Booking agent for a clarion hotel in Ashford Alabama 9/24/2018 @7:36pm
- Priceline.com - Refused Reservation
- Priceline.com - airlines 
- Priceline.com - guaranteed hotel reservation
- Priceline/Marriot Tech Center, Denver - took approximately $300.00 of our money. would not allow us to re-schedule dates due to illness