Menu

reviews & complaints

Holiday Inn Complaints Summary

44 Resolved
231 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Holiday Inn's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Holiday Inn has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Holiday Inn. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Holiday Inn complaints 275

Sort by:

Newest Holiday Inn reviews & complaints

P
8:53 am EST

Holiday Inn Bill

My husband and I got approval to buy a car at 7:00 p.m. on 2-10-2024. We live in Eden, Georgia, so it was a bit over a six-hour drive. We arrived at the Holiday Inn Express at approximately 1:20 a.m. on 2-11-2024.

As I was checking us out on 2-11-2024 at 10:00 a.m., the receptionist told me "Shame you didn't check in on Sunday, it would've been half price because it's a slow day". I told her we did check in on Sunday after 1:00 a.m., she said, "Oh, I meant around 7:00 in the morning.

We were charged $279.00 plus taxes = 315.27. I've stayed in some nice hotels, but this was the most expensive, over 300$ a night.

My point being if we arrived on Sunday and left on Sunday then shouldn't we have been charged half price?

Upon checking my receipt, we were checked in on 2-10-24, we were not even there until 2-11-24.

The confirmation # is [protected] and folio # 108546.

Claimed loss: $150.00

Desired outcome: $150.00

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Holiday Inn representatives only. If you are affiliated with Holiday Inn, please claim your business to access these details.

12:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To the Complaints Board, I am writing to file a complaint against Holiday Inn for their deceptive and misleading timeshare practices. My husband and I were lured in by the promises of a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation experience, only to be left with a burden that is taking a toll on our livelihoods. We were misled by the sales representatives, who...

L
9:29 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Holiday Inn False advertisement and very disappointing and unsafe stay for this price.

The accommodations at this hotel were extremely disappointing, with the smallest room I've ever encountered. The bathroom door was so cramped that it wouldn't even open properly, and the toilet was inconveniently positioned, making it difficult to navigate. Our attempts to take a shower were thwarted by the appalling state of the facilities, which were in dire need of cleanliness.

It was disheartening to realize that for the same cost. The staff was exceptional friendliness.

Claimed loss: This was absolutely the worse Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at.

Desired outcome: Not only did I pay $463.76 before arriving. I had to pay an additional $95 upon check in. Regrettably, I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone, as there are undoubtedly better options available in the vicinity.

Is Holiday Inn legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Holiday Inn as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Holiday Inn stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Holiday Inn should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Holiday Inn earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Holiday Inn achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Holiday Inn. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Holiday Inn's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Ihg.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Holiday Inn website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Holiday Inn and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Holiday Inn has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 275 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the ihg.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Holiday Inn. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
11:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Dec 2, 2023, we checked into a room at Holiday Inn St. Augustine- World Golf. We planned this little getaway and picked this hotel based on the pictures depicting a king-size bed with a room with a couch and TV across from the couch a place to cuddle and chill together. We went to our room only to find no couch and one metal chair in the room with a...

E
12:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Booked reservation thru igh I thought — had to cancel because date was wrong — 5 minutes after making reservation. Money was already taken out of my account. Reservation # r4571095611 cancellation # c4571105154 Called holiday inn east orlando 1724n. Alafaya trail and was told that they were not responsible for returning my money as I booked thru a third...

M
4:08 pm EST

Holiday Inn Lack of customer service

We stayed at London Heathrow Airport location. We booked two rooms exactly the same and were charged two different rates. We also received 100.00 pound parking ticket because we parked out front well we unloaded our luggage. I have been dealing with head office since September 10, 2023 and have only received lip service. Please avoid staying here!

Date of experience: September 09, 2023

P
11:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have been trying to discuss our problems with this timeshare company, but every time we attempt to communicate with them, we are met with false accusations and dodged questions. This has been an extremely frustrating experience and has led us to believe that the company is fraudulent and has no intention of providing us with any assistance or...

K
10:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To Whom It May Concern, I am writing to file a complaint against Holiday Inn for the deceptive and dishonest practices that I have experienced during my time as a customer. Despite the promises that were made to me during the initial sales pitch, the reality of my experience has been far from what was advertised. Firstly, the sales pitch itself wa...

10:59 am EDT

Holiday Inn cancellation of booking

On 5 October 2023, I mistakenly made a booking for Holiday inn Rochester New York, instead of Holiday Inn Rochester Kent UK. I phoned IHG worldwide reservations office and they told me that the reservation had been cancelled, but I had to phone priceline. When I phoned Priceline, I had to give my reservation number which they said they had no record of. I could not speak to a person, this was all automated. Every time I phone them the same thing happens. I have now received my credit card statement and find that I have been charged. Please help

C
4:49 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I stayed at the holiday inn express in Charlston twice on my trip to Mertyle beach. The first stay went well. The second stay I left the motel at 4 am to catch a flight. When returning home I found that they had charged me $200 for a smoking violation. I had at no time smoked in my room. And when reaching out to the motel was told a manager would call to...

1:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our recent stay went well at Holiday Inn Express at 4791 Windsor Commons Court in Jacksonville, FL (26-29 Sept 2023) except for the following problems: this hotel needs more luggage racks/carriers. Most guests had to wait long periods of time to get one to load luggage during check-in or check-out. My wife and I have stayed here for our annual Mayo...

A
1:41 am EDT

Holiday Inn Employee complaint

All of the front desk clerk, front desk manger, and hotel manager are friends and constantly gossip about housekeepers with the breakfast attendants. It is very uncomfortable work environment. Constant lying and gossiping my management. They share personal information of guests and employees, shared my medical document with other employee. Hotel manager makes everything difficult for me but easy for others. Steals tips and belittles everyone that's not in their group. We are adults and they do not act as such. It's ridiculous and unprofessional. Fort Payne Alabama Holiday Inn is express. There is much more ridiculous things happening to but I'm so tired of the harassment.

Desired outcome: Front desk and management be held responsible and terminated.

C
8:24 pm EDT

Holiday Inn Elevator service out since May

It started in May we stayed for 2 days at the Holiday Inn at 21 Schuyler Blvd in Fishkill New York the problem was that the Elevator would not work for about 10-15 minuets which we accepted But we liked the hotel and the service people where great We needed an overnight stay on Sunday Sept 3rd so we made reservations again at the same hotel only to find that the elevator was now not working at all. We were booked on the 4th floor my partner is 80 years old and has trouble walking up the stairs The person at the desk was able to change it to a room on the second floor but he still had trouble walking up the stairs why is it taking so long to fix an elevator I feel that nobody cares I don't know if I will go back to that hotel when I will need a room even though I really liked the hotel.

There are a lot of other hotels in the area.

11:41 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Holiday Inn Fraudulent credit card charges while staying at a holiday inn

I provided my card for incidentals while staying at the holiday inn in southhaven ms. I stayed during the august 7 thru the 9th and should have only been charged the 39.44 for breakfast. However, I received charges of over $1,700 for periods I was not at the hotel. I have contacted the hotel and my credit card company to report these charges as fraud. These are some of the charges.

Desired outcome: CREDIT MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE BOGUS CHARGES

J
12:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 8/11/23-8/12/23 We stayed in the Harrisburg East Hershey Pa Area Address 4021 Union Deposit Road Room #518. We got up and left the hotel. Got to our Destination around in Hyannis Ma realized we left our medical bag with our insulin and Ozempic in the refrigerator. Call before 12:00 and no one should have rented the room yet. I talked to some gentleman at...

J
6:17 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Buenos dias, Soy Padilla Jessica Veronica, una huesped habitual del hotel. La ultima vez que visitamos su cadena fue en el 2021: El dia 24 de julio recibi un pago en mi tarjeta de credito American Express con debit en Instacart por 99,00 USD. Luego de llamar imediatamente AMEX, y bloquear la tarjeta, me informaron del Security office de AMEX que el...

2:52 pm EDT

Holiday Inn Hotel stay

I stayed at your hotel this weekend in Holland Mi. It was my birthday weekend brought my whole family there. I was getting in the shower so I could get ready to go to dinner. The tub was so slippery I fell getting in. Cut my eye open hit my head, knee, back and face. Ended up in the urgent care for the rest of the night. Ended up with stitches a black eye and bruised all over. I missed dinner and was in bed for the night. I was told corporate would be contacting me. Have not heard from them.

Desired outcome: I would like to be compensated for both rooms. We stayed in room 330 & 130. I would also like to be compsensated for the urgent care copay. The cost of rooms were 957.49.

L
10:53 am EDT

Holiday Inn Holiday Inn, London Heathrow

My name is Loretto Sitton. I stayed one night at London Heathrow and checked out the morning of 25 June. I left my ipad in my room (435) and have been trying to get it back every since I realized I left it. I get put on hold and ignored when I call. When I finally do get to a human being, I have asked how to get my ipad back and was told by one helpful person to send them a box and they'd mail it to me. Well, I went to 2 UPS offices here and one said they'd charge me $257 and the other $357. For an empty box. I cannot afford that. I was tracking the ipad until the 7th, which is when the battery finally died, I guess. It has stayed in the immediate vicinity of the Bath Rd Holiday Inn.

I called what I assumed was Holiday Inn "Corporate Headquarters" and was told I'd hear back from the hotel within 48 hours. I have not heard back. And that has been a week. I called the hotel this morning and when I finally got to a human at the desk, I was again put on hold and eventually cut off. I called back and asked for a manager. No manager answered.

Desired outcome: I'd like to have my ipad back.

2:09 pm EDT

Holiday Inn Sexual harassment

Employee named Chris came to my room after 9pm asing if I wanted housekeeping I said "No" he then asked me if he could ask me a

question, the question was typed on his cell phone which he held up to my face.

I couldnt read it,I closed the door and went for my glasses, i came back he was still there.

the text said the following

"May i pay you to see you for an hour in your room, I wont tell anyone"

Desired outcome: This is SEXUAL HARASSMENT, I spoke to Harsh Patel who blew me off and told me that I had complained I needed housekeeping, then he said I had not extended my stay or checked in. What?

F
1:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Delmont/ Murrysville Pa on 6/24/2023 and check out on 6/25/2023, Reservations were under Kristine Ainsworth. I left a 30 dollar white Hurley shirt hanging in the closet and left without it. Upon arriving home, I realized I did not have it. I called the hotel and they went to look for it, of course it was not there...

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Holiday Inn contacts