American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Having problems with American Airlines?

1800 904 6000 (Mexico)
+1 800 433 7300 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 660 2300 (United Kingdom)
+61 291 011 948 (Australia)
+64 93 084 014 (New Zealand)
+32 70 300300 (Belgium)
+45 82 332 895 (Denmark)
+31 900 040 1666 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 958 (Portugal)
+41 848 289 289 (Switzerland)
+852 30 579 197 (Hong Kong)
+60 320 535 120 (Malaysia)
+63 25 248 625 (Philippines)
+966 114 615 453 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 498 444 (Singapore)
+27 118 446 067 (South Africa)
+82 234 833 909 (South Korea)
+66 26 341 031 (Thailand)
+54 43 181 111 (Argentina)
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
  • Ponce De Leon, Travel Center - MIATA, 901 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Suite 103, Miami, FL 33134
  • Oakland Park - Travel Center FLLTA 2720 East Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
  • Airport Travel Center, Miami International Airport, Miami, FL

Halaskargazi cad. № 2 Daire 3, Harbiye-Istanbul, Turkey

Benin
2nd floor, Carre 590, St Michel, Immeuble Ecobank, 03 BP 3699, Benin Republic

China
  • Room 1313, China Shine Plaza, № 3-15 Lin He Xi Road, Tian He District, Guangzhou, 510610, China
  • Huaihai Plaza, Suite 701 № 1045 Middle Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200031, China

• Parana 3745 Buenos Aires
  • Santa Fe 881 & Suipacha, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Avda. Rafael Nuñez 4081- Cerro de las Rosas, Cordoba 5009
Brazil
  • Avenida Presidente Wilson 165/5th floor ntro- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 20030-020
  • Av das Americas, 700 Bloco 8 Loja 117 H, Shopping Citta America Barra da Tijuca
  • Store 117H, located in Building 8, Brazil
  • Alameda Santos 2233 Level E1, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mexico
  • Blvd. A. Lopez Mateos 1102 Oriente Local B16 Col., Los Gavilanes, C.P., 37270, Leon, Gto. Mexico
  • Reforma 300 PB, Zona Rosa, C.P. 06600, Mexico D.F, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

American Airlines — Refunds

I planned to attend a conference in Orlando and was to fly home on American Airlines on April 5th. Due to the...

American AirlinesFlight

We missed two flights due to the plane and something that went wrong at the airport... we had an connecting flight from phila to Charlotte.. never made it to Charlotte.. landed in greens boro nc.. was stuck here for hours... was on the plane from 8am until 2pm with no food just pretzels.. now stuck at Greensboro airport until our next flight witch is in the evening.. I fly with American often... I book my flight thru a 3rd party... I was not satisfyied at all.. we missed and event we paid for to b there at a certain time and missed it because we missed 2 flight.. then they told us it wasnt enough flight attenedants... for us to leave.. then the fuel.. it was a mess not satisfied at all... please contact me at [protected]

American Airlines — flight being cancelled

My name is Stacey Burns and myself and my daughter Jenna were in Las Vegas and we were supposed to fly from...

American Airlineswaiting on runway after landing

Ticket information : GRKWVJ. The complaint is my flight back from Philadelphia on Dec. 14, 2019. After waiting for hour and a half to board in Philadelphia, the flight took a total of about 6.1 hours to get to LAX (The Captain did a very good job and no complaints about him or the flight AT ALL). The problem was when we landed he could not unload us at American Airline dock so we sat on the run way for over and hour. This caused a big problem with our scheduled transportation and we had to re schedule a later pick up time and location. Is there a way to make this issue right.

American Airlines — terrible customer service; connecting flight left without us to get to wedding in st. thomas!

On Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019, myself, and 5 of my family members were traveling from Boston Logan Airport on the...

American Airlinesthey overbooked a flight when I already had an assigned seat on the airplane.

I had a confirmed seat on flight AA3962 from Gainesville, Fl to Santa Fe, New Mexico with a stop in Dallas. Upon arriving they said initially weren't boarding me due to weight, balance restrictions. Shortly after they said they had over booked the flight and offered me 350 dollars which I said was 'pennies'. They then offer me 1350 dollars and said I could get a flight the next day. I told them the only acceptable solution for me was a 'FREE' flight the next day and a refund of my entire ticket amount which they did not deny but gave me the phone number for 'reservations', [protected]. I had to rent a car myself and drive and return home to come back the next day after just spending 117 dollars on an uber ride to get there for the 6:00 AM flight. I also missed a day of work due to not getting to Santa Fe until today, 12-02-2019. I request a full refund of my ticket price of $1, 273.48. Thank You! Respectfully, Kenneth A. Hodges

American Airlines — customer services reboarding

My husband and I were traveling back from a trip to DC on Friday November 22, 2019 on flight 2404 from Dalla...

American Airlinesflight change dates

They are charging me 30 thousand more miles for a date change on my flight because they don't have enough planes, this was inform to me whenever I call to confirm my flight one week before, the cancel my flight on my original date the 28 of November, then proceed to tell me I can travel 29 whenever I already plans for 28 night, I cannot pay the extra miles for a change de date to the 27th because of the airline fault

American Airlinesflight/luggage

I have got a flight with American Airlines from Heathrow to Lima with a two hours connection in Miami.

The flight from London delayed almost 2hs and then i have lost my connection. AA alocate me in another flight to Lima with Latam. However, they did not send my luggage to Latam. I end up in Lima (where i do not live) without anything and any information.

I've opened a complaint and they keep blaming Latam. However, they are in possess of my lugagge. If you call customer services, they do not treat you well and do not provide any reasonable information.

American Airlinesflights

My 70yr old parents flight was delayed due to mechanical issues which caused them to miss their connecting flights. They were then downgraded from first class to the back on two of their flights. They asked the counter to call their connecting terminal to let them know they're going to be 5 minutes late they weren't told they'd have plenty of time but no the A/C door was shut pretty much in their face. Their flight was rebooked and they were sent back to the terminal they had come from just to get a call to come back. 70 yr old people shouldn't be run all over the airport. The service was not acceptable and I want a full refund to include any out of pocket expenses for food and drinks as well as an inconvenience fee. So much for a a great 50th Anniversary

American Airlinesthey took our plane right before we boarded for a different flight, sent us to another gate and then canceled our flight.

This is the first time I have flown American since I retired three years ago. I was very excited to get a direct flight from Philly to Asheville, but it's the same old stuff with your airline. I went from State College Pennsylvania to Philly this afternoon, was sitting at my gate F 28, when all these people started showing up saying they were going to Charlotte. Suddenly we get notification that we have to change gates and they send us to F11. We sit down, the pilots and flight attendants get on the plane, and then the flight board notifies us that our flight has been cancelled. There was no one at the gate to help us, which I'm pretty sure was by design. We go down to the customer service desk and they want us to go into Greenville, SC because there's no more seats to CLT. They won't provide us transportation to AVL (where my car is located) and your app wouldn't allow me to change my flt. Now I get to sit in Philly until 7p and maybe get home at 11:30p instead of 6p as scheduled. All the other people in line were just SOL and after all that they had the audacity to bump me to Zone 8. I do not understand how US Airways could buy out American and turn a great Airline into such an atrocious experience for all. Delta options are starting to look better everyday.

American Airlinesovercharged!

On October 23, 2019 my husband and I each checked a bag for our trip to Myrtle Beach.
                We were not over the 50 pound limit but one of the bags was charged $30 and the other bag was charged $40. This was the mistake of the employee behind the counter and I want my $10.00 refunded.
                I handed her my bag and after I received my luggage tag my husband handed her his bag. This was my first time to fly Am. Airlines . Not a good experience and I will hesitate to book with your company again and pass this incident on to others to be aware.
                I have flown many times and never experienced this.
                This ocurred at Columbus, Ohio terminal and the number of this transaction is
                [protected] Flight 4509
                Gayle Hayman

American Airlinesrude, unfair attitude

I had a conflict with AA personnel during flight 1159, Oct 18. Feeling bad after a long trip, I asked for a cup of water from the personnel (3 men sitting in the back area of the plane). In response I was unexpectedly mocked by them, told approximately the following: "you cannot play tricks on us", followed by rude commands: "immediately sit on your place", "you will now go and sit on your place" from all the three. I want to especially stress the absolute absence of any kind of turbulences at the entire time of the conflict. Also, the corridor was empty, and by reaching to the back area of the plane I did not block anyone's way. Further, I did not push ANYONE of the personnel. When the flight 1159 was finished, I hurried to my next flight, but personnel had called police. All the police officers were extremely kind and understanding towards me. When the police officer finished conversation with one of the AA employees who was energetically describing the situation to the police officer, I told the police officer that that man was not present during the conflict. She told me that she were smart enough to guess that. Clearly, AA personnel gave a non true, obviously exaggerated and not justified picture of what had happened during our conflict. Finally, another AA representative (whom I did not see before) approached me, and told that American Airlines did not want to have me for the rest of my flight (from Chicago to Columbia, MO and the return flight from Columbia, MO to Brazil), and did not consider it necessary to give any explanations on their decision. I felt racism in the attitude of him and the other 3 representatives of the personnel. With almost no money, I took bus, could reach only two days later to Columbia to meet professors in my research area (I am postdoc in math). My reservation holds open now (as checked by me). I would appreciate if you could refund my ticket or allow me on my return flight on Nov 12. If you like you could call me at:[protected].

American Airlinesservice

On October 10th my plane was canceled then delayed a total of three times and spent 48 hours in Dallas airport at which time I received absolutely no help or compassion from any representative that works for American Airline. I was told by customer service to waste time by taking a tram around the airport to look at the stores. after my second delay I had to rent a hotel room due to the fact I was traveling by myself and was not going to take the chance of sleeping in an airport alone. Woke up the next morning flight was delayed Again until 9 that night. I was told by American Airlines there is absolutely nothing they can do or are willing to do to compensate or help me at all. This was a very exhausting frustrating and expensive flight not to mention that I missed my grandsons baptism my baggage was lost sent to Denver 850 miles from me I didn't receive my bags back until the day before I flew back home I had none of my personal belongings and again nobody cares.

• Updated by Bam7f6 · Oct 21, 2019

The representative sent me an email telling me there was nothing that she was willing to do

American Airlinesseating assignments

I would first like to say I have flown with you multi times and always received great service. Until today I would like to say how completely disappointed I am in your seat assignments. I booked with my companion but was told by Justin (incredibly rude) I would only be able to sit with him if I paid $50.00 per seat. I should add he was in row 28B and I was in 28 E both middle seats. Clearly you split up multiple people in that row alone. What an easy fix and able to help a customer be happy - when I approached Justin he made me feel like a low class citizen with a basic ticket. He had no time to help me - except to say it would be 50 a seat to change. I understand computers can assign seats but isn't that why we have humans to provide that extra customer service. Instead I was insulted and made to look like I was a lower class. Any company big or small should always treat their customers with respect - without those customers (even the lower class - as Justin made me feel) are important to a company's success.

I am sorry to say I will not be flying with you again I was hurt and degraded in front of a full airport.

Thank you for listening - hoping to help the next "basic" ticket holder get the respect they deserve.

Dawn Martie
                      [protected]
                      [protected]@msn.com

American Airlinescustomer service and poor communication

Flight 10/10 to Phoenix flight 531.
                        While I appreciate that the pilot took us back after takeoff due to engine issue, I do not appreciate the poor coordination and communication to the passengers impacted. We stood in line as instructed prior to leaving to plane for 40 minutes only to be told we needed to wait since they were only working on those with connecting flights. Then we were told another plane had been secured and we would leave at 1255 (original flight was 550 pm). At 1130 we were told that the flight was cancelled due to lack of ability to secure a full crew. If communication and customer service were better, we could have taken our four grandkids to a motel to get decent sleep instead of trying to wait for the next flight to get home.
                        After American Airlines messed up my last flight when my Dad was severely ill two years ago, I swore I would not use you again unless it was an emergency. Shame on me for thinking things might have changed in the last two years. Delta will get my business from now on. They may cost more but in all the years I have been flying I have not had this issue with them.
                        A very dissatisfied customer,
                        Kim Deyo

American Airlinesdisability

I flew from Manchester to Philadelphia and then Philadelphia to Miami. I requested a wheelchair at time of ticket purchase. I was randomly searched at the gate in Manchester. This was after Security. I am in a wheelchair. Then I was in row 36. I did not have time to request a seat change as the flight was boarding. Then in Philly, the plane came in a non-international terminal, Gate 9. My husband and I were separated until Baggage Claim. I was in then in row 35. I asked to be moved up and was told I could go to row 30. The plane had plenty of seats up front. I am very disappointed in American and will tell my friends of my experience.

American Airlinesunethical behavior

Record locator Sheoiy
                            Tix# [protected]

Unethical behavior and failure to deliver a ticket refund

I used my frequent flyer miles to purchase a first class flight for my mother- in-law, 2 months in advance for a trip. She was very excited for her first time experience in first class.
                            She was devastated and had unprepared, with food, for the day with a last minute call- Around 9:30 am from shrewd Man from American Airline. The rep verbally abused, insensitive and rude to my mother-in-law and pressured in to giving up her seat, when she verbally declined, he stated " to bad, out of 38 people you answered the phone your loss" I will email you a voucher. " (never rec"d)

I need an answer about this type of call and pressure to release a first class seat.

My mother-in law was upset confused and did not have a meal prepared for her medical condition. She could not use the privileges if first class that would have saved her time. Instead she was forced to find food, as a result of this man, she was forced to eat because she didnt have a meal, due to her sugar levels being out of order. This hardship on her was unjust and he lied about sending the email for the voucher.

This is the nastiest behavior and it is unacceptable

I have advised her never to answer the phone again from American airline due to this incident.
                            I need an apology from that representative-refund of miles for a first class ticket and the voucher promised to my mother in law.

Please me at [protected] or [protected]

I have made 4 unsuccessful calls this week and not one of your reps has been able to help me

Please do what is right. This is unfair. I flew a lot of times to earn these miles and it is disgusting the way this was handle.

Her email for the voucher [protected]@att.net

American Airlineslooking to be reimbursed for the loss of a hotel night

On September 18, 2019, we boarded a flight to Barcelona, that was cancelled, and then we were boarded again on another plane which was also eventually cancelled, we had plans to arrive in Barcelona on Thursday, Sept. 19th, thus we made reservations for two nights at hotel whose reservation policy called for two days ahead, therefore although I called the hotel, explained what had happened, they still did not reimburse me for the lost night, therefore, I am claiming to be reimburse these monies by AA as not only did I lose a vacation day, but the stress and aggravation I experienced that night if not because I had already booked a cruise which was leaving that following Saturday from Barcelona, I would had cancelled that entire trip, it took me 2 days to recover from a lack of sleep as by the time we got to the hotel, it was already close to 4am, and the tension of the experience could not help me to relax and be able to fall as sleep, thinking that we still had to go through the process the next day and this time with a connection, and based on our experience thus far, the uncertainty of what was in store the next day was extremely stressful, therefore what was supposed to be a nice relaxing vacation turned out to be totally the opposite. I am not interested in anything other than to be reimburse for the $354.20 from the hotel Port in Barcelona.

Please let me know what supporting information you will need from me to process this reimbursement, I can be contacted via email at [protected]@yahoo.com phone is [protected]

Yolanda Wolfson

American Airlinesbaggage handling

On my return flight home on American Airlines Tuesday October 1st, Dallas to Hartford, my fold up walker on wheels was damaged. The handlebars were lowered, which is fin e. However, on one side, the hardware to raise the handle again is missing. Also the front and back wheels were pushed together in such a way as to ruin the hand brakes. I have Multiple Sclerosis and count of this apparatus. It will cost money to repair.