Portfolio Recovery Associates / Wrong person

WA, United States Review updated:
These folks have called my home # a few times and repeatedly ask for a person I don't know. The debt is for some credit card company I NEVER had business with. One time the caller stated they are sending the sheriff to collect the debt at such and such address(not mine). I asked the d.o.b. & s.s. # and those were not mine either. They are obviously trying to collect somebody else's debt from me. Wrongo! I firmly told the guy that it was against FDCA to discuss a debt with anyone other than the debtor and making idle threats about the sheriff collecting debts. I told him I was a debt collector years ago and basically told him he was an incompetent collector and had absolutely no business calling our ##. Another thing-we have had our ph # for 14 months when we moved here from another state, the debt is from 9 years ago.

Next time I will remember to hit the "record button" on my phone and string this guy along. Have these yo-yos ever heard of phone #s changing or "recycling?

Comments

Fr
  26th of Dec, 2008
Yep, sounds familiar. Sorry you had to go through that. I changed my # twice on cell phone because of B.S. like that with Capitol One. I've NEVER had a C.O. credit card!!! They kept leaving automated messages from "Karen" and to return the call you had to have a ten-digit credit card (which I never had) to get through. A rep got through somehow and i spoke to the woman and she was extremely rude. I tried to explain, nobody believed me. Don't they know that you can get more flies with honey, not vinegar? Hello! Be rude and people get angry. Anyway, i hope your sit. gets resolved soon. Mine did by changing my # to a new prefix.

Portfolio Recovery Associates Logo Portfolio Recovery Associates