Popeyes Chicken / don't go there

United States Review updated:

Man, what happened to Popeye's Chicken?! I stopped in the Amarillo TX. T.A. truck stop for a break on an 1100 mile trip. We don't have a Popeye's near us in N.M. so, it's always, well it used to be, a real treat to run up on a Popeye’s while on the road. After eating at Popeye's for 20 some years I was pissed off for the first time.

My main *** is the size of the chicken pieces & the fact that Popeye’s makes it almost impossible to reach them with our complaints.[I miss the days when Popeye's was just a little chicken stand & not another" You'll take what we give you" corporation]

I've found, as I'm sure you have as well, Popeye's isn't the only one that’s turned their backs on their core supporters. Taco Johns used to be a great little taco stand, now that greasy craps not fit to eat.

It used to be not long ago at Popeye's you could expect huge mouth watering crispy pieces of chicken & big fluffy hand made biscuits you could make a meal of. Now, at least at the Amarillo truck stop store, it's just the other way 'round. Little grezzy pieces of chicken, must of been polt hens, & hockey pucks for bis...It all boils down to, no bang for your buck...Popeye’s sold out...bummer.
Va

Comments

Mo
  23rd of Oct, 2012
Stay away from the popeyes on Pulaski Rd in Midlothian, IL. Their food always runs right through me like it's poison or something. I try to give them chance after chance. But it's like they don't clean their equipment or cook in old grease. They need a dime dropped on them to the health department. I love popeyes food, but THAT Particular store gives Popeyes overall a bad name. Not to mention the piss-poor customer service at that location.

Miss M