Planet Fitnessripping people off their money

I first received a call from Asanda the Sales Consultant who was advertising the R59 per month gym special. I was interested and asked how can I join? I even referred Asanda to my other friends. She then informed me that I needed to come personally to the Gym in Rivonia for everything to be processed. When I came she was then telling me that the contract that I was interested in was for 3 years and not 12 months as on the telephone conversation we had prior. I didn’t want to sign anything thereafter she then said I'll need to speak to her Sales Manager Lovemore and motivate why I want the contract for 12 months only. I gave my reasons and Lovemore than said I will need to pay the R59 X 12 upfront. I didn’t have that much money and said I can’t only pay 12 the 1st month and another 12 the 2nd month. While talking to them they asked me to fill out the membership contract as every member should. I paid the R354 the 1st month as promised and the 2nd month my account was debited an amount of R269 and again R269 on the 011009. The accounts department (Vinolia) and the manager (Master) can’t even help me with the issue instead I’ve been sent from peter to post. I WANT OUT!!!

Comments

• Kw
      Dec 09, 2011

PLANET FITNESS IS RUNNING A MONEY SCAM ! ! !

My girlfriend and I signed up and were going to Planet for 6 months at the Glen Burnie location in Maryland. The place is in ok shape but could be kept cleaner and needs some maintenance on the machines. There were at least 6 machines out of order for two months. Not sure if they were waiting for parts.

Problem is,

Our relationship ended and I did not want to keep bumping into my ex-gf so I went in to the Planet counter person and told him I wanted to cancel my membership. He was busy on the phone. I told him I could wait until he was finished. He handed me a pen and paper then told me to put my name, address and phone number down. I did this and he said he would take care of it.

Three months went by and the bills kept coming. I thought it just took a few cycles for them to stop the billing. I called them about it but they said I had to go online and send "Corporate" my complaint about the bills that kept coming. I sent a few emails and eventually I received a phone call telling me that they had no info stating that I had cancelled my membership and that I would have to pay the entire amount. I told them that it was not my fault and that I refused to pay it.

Well, in another month I received a pink notice that was from a collection agency. Now the bill was up to $120.00 plus other fees.

I contacted them and I told them I had no intention to pay for it and why. They said it was already put against my credit report. Personally, I do not care what happens here I am not paying it. I told them to take me to court. She laughed and said well its on YOUR credit Report.

I am not at fault and feel this is very un-professional. Even now that my other gym (SNAP Fitness) has closed in my neighborhood I want to go to Planet because its closer and cheaper but I refuse to eat my words so I am going to a place that costs more.
    I am not backing down. SNAP is the cleanest and best kept gym I have been to in Maryland.

- Spoke to Megan on April 6th 2011.

- Megan said the balance due is $120.00 after she waives the late fees but she is not waving the monthly fees.

- Rodney Farmer

Is the general manager and he was un-available at time of call..

- KW.