Planet Fitness — ripping people off their money
I first received a call from Asanda the Sales Consultant who was advertising the R59 per month gym special. I was interested and asked how can I join? I even referred Asanda to my other friends. She then informed me that I needed to come personally to the Gym in Rivonia for everything to be processed. When I came she was then telling me that the contract that I was interested in was for 3 years and not 12 months as on the telephone conversation we had prior. I didn’t want to sign anything thereafter she then said I'll need to speak to her Sales Manager Lovemore and motivate why I want the contract for 12 months only. I gave my reasons and Lovemore than said I will need to pay the R59 X 12 upfront. I didn’t have that much money and said I can’t only pay 12 the 1st month and another 12 the 2nd month. While talking to them they asked me to fill out the membership contract as every member should. I paid the R354 the 1st month as promised and the 2nd month my account was debited an amount of R269 and again R269 on the 011009. The accounts department (Vinolia) and the manager (Master) can’t even help me with the issue instead I’ve been sent from peter to post. I WANT OUT!!!
More Planet Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Planet Fitness - annual fee charge 
- Planet Fitness - rude staff and manager! 
- Planet Fitness - be careful when quiting this gym! 
- Planet Fitness - freezing membership! 
- Planet Fitness - South Africa - cancellation of membership 
- Planet Fitness - television station choices.
- Planet Fitness - the customer service from the front desk boy!!! 
- Planet Fitness - customer service 
- Planet Fitness - employee service
- Planet Fitness - service