Pizza Hut / 3lb. lasagna

1 Springfield, MO, United States Review updated:

My wife ordered a tuscani pasta lasagna for dinner wednesday night. I went to pick it up and brought it home. She went and made us a plate a brought it to me and i was quite surprised. The lasagna wasn't even one half inch thick and mainly made of suace. There is no way the thing could weigh over three pounds unless they include the box that it goes in. I could have bought two stoffer frozen lasagna's for less than pizza huts. It is nothing like what they advertise it had only one layer of noodles and all sauce. Iwill never buy another one nor would i ever recommend it to anybody definately not worth the money.

Comments

• Ta
      27th of Feb, 2009

It is unfortunate that your experience was not pleasant. But, I believe you must have been mistaken. I know how the Lasagna and all other pastas are made. The Lasagna is different than the other pastas in that the noodle part of it is actually shipped frozen to the stores in its "ready to cook" form. All Pizza Hut does is place the noodle/cheese bricks into the pans and places the sauce (meaty marinara) on top then put it through the oven. There is simply no way that a cook could have missed a single layer noodle brick.

I do not disagree that beuying a frozen Stofers would be a better deal, but obviously it costs more because the customer does not wish to spend two hours cooking. If you don't like the product, there are at least a dozen other similar frozen products that you could purchase instead.

• Ci
      20th of Mar, 2009

I tried the pizza hut tuscani lasagna last night and it was terrible. The ads are very misleading. They make it look like a ful (3 lb) pan of thick lasagna when it actually doesn't even cover the pan. They also try to sell you the scoop that it is a family size portion that will feed at least a family of 4. Let me tell you that it might have been enough for 2 of my boys if they would haven eaten it. They will usually eat anything covered in tomato sauce but would not eat this. I LOVE Pizza Hut's pizza but they need to stay out of the ready to serve lasagna and pasta market and stick with what they do best...PIZZA only.