Pizza Hut / &$10 & large pizzas

Frisco, TX, United States Review updated:

$10 Pizza Ultimate Scam - run for the hills!

Pizza Hut is running a "special" - any size, any toppings $10 per pizza (+ $2.50 delivery charge).

So, I call to verify before I order. I am told the total will be $10 for the pizza, $2.50 for delivery and the rest the applicable sales tax.

Total of the order - $17.63!! I call, and am again told that the total consisted of $10 for the pizza, $2.50 for delivery, and the rest sales tax. I point out that if this is the case, then the sales tax on that order was $5.13, or 41% sales tax (Texas sales tax is 8.25%)

My response to pointing this out - you're not working the math right, the sales tax is calculated correctly. Wow, I guess sales tax increased to north of 40% overnight.

Comments

• Sh
      6th of Feb, 2010

we ordered a pizza there lastnight and we got the $10 dollar deal, it only came to 13.50 all in all great deal for us

• Co
      8th of Feb, 2010

Let me get this straight: you bought a "$10.00" pizza for $13.50????!!! That's a 35% mark up!!! Sure hope you're not in the stock market. Then again, Wall Street would be THRILLED to work with you. Ridiculous!!!

• Cm
      26th of Feb, 2010

Where I'm at it's $10 for the pizza... $2 for "convenience fee" and %10 tax.

$13.00

• Xp
      12th of Mar, 2010

I'll tell you what. This is just not right. I watched the commercial on TV many, many times. There is NO fine print about what I can add to my Pizza, save for stuffed crust. Okay, so I call up for the $10 deal. Any size, any toppings. Well, I happen to like a lot of stuff on my pizza so I wanted EVERYTHING on it. I told them I knew it wasn't going to come out cooked perfect, I worked in pizza joints before, but I wanted EVERYTHING. "No we can't do that. We can give you the Super Supreme though." Well, no. I want EVERYTHING.. just as the commercial on TV states. "No, we can't do that.." WHY NOT? THE DAMN COMMERCIAL SAYS ANY TOPPINGS I WANT! "No, we can give you the Super Supreme.." Well, WTF!?!? I had to pay EXTRA just to add Jalapenos, not to mention it would have cost me an additional 5 or 6 bucks to add the Bacon, Tomatoes, Pineapple and Anchovies!!! Just make the damn customer happy. They could have just thrown a little on to make me happy.. But no.. So now you just lost a customer, sorry.

• Sw
      23rd of Sep, 2010

You purchased a specialty pizza which cost 4 dollars more. Everything is only up to 3 free toppings anything over and you gotta pay

• Mi
      27th of Sep, 2010

What a bunch of idiots!! like this is any different that anywhere else. Find a place that doesn't tell you $10 plus tax? Tax is from the government not Pizza Hut or anywhere else... look at the airline industry. They have even bag fees... Look at cruise lines. They have port fees... Go and bother them with your complaints. They still tell you the price before you dive into your wallet or purse and fork out your money? Next time just don't do it. Say no thanks and move on. Thats what I do. Its not like this is gas and these people have you over a barrel!

• Ca
      2nd of Nov, 2010

It was a simple mistake. All you would have had to do is talk to a manager, if that doesn't work, talk to his/her manager. Pizza Hut has no issue whatsoever replacing, or refunding anything...in my experience...anyway...maybe I'm just lucky???

2nd of Jan, 2011

Why is it not the normal state tax? Pizza hut is charging me 10% and my state tax is 7%.

• Bs
      12th of Apr, 2011

I agree! It IS BS!! I ordered a stuffed crust supreme and a 2 liter diet pepsi and 1 order of $5 deal breadsticks. The total came to $30+ dollars PLUS I'm not a no tipper even though I'm being ripped off so all in all it cost close to $40!! When I confronted the guy who took my order~why so much he said it was delivery fees...but why SO much...uf that was turkey delivery fees than I am no longer tipping IF I decide to ever take part in their $10 deal~or their brand EVER again! I'm on my first load days of hcg so the last pizza I ever taste is gonna be a good one but not for $40 oh HET why don't I go TO pizza hut and then see when their excuse is...delivery fee!!!

• Gl
      9th of Jan, 2012

The Pizza Hut in Myrtle Beach SC on Renee Drive does not offer the 10.00 deal. I went in there in person last night and the manager came out and said he's not the owner and its not his problem. He said I could contact the corporate office but it would not do any good.
    I will never step foot in there again and none of my family or friends will either!!!