Pizza Hut / pizza hut is ripping-off millions of consumers!

Pizza hut is ripping-off millions of consumers-myself included! What they do with pizza is exactly like a car dealer charging you $10, 000 for a car, except that you want the deluxe stereo added, so they add $1, 000 to the price and cut the engine size in half!

If you order (As I did on feb. 4), a large sausage (Only) pizza, you get a lot of sausage. The same would be true with pepperoni. The manager told me 1-1/2 cups. Then for each ingredient you add (Even onions which are very cheap) they add $1.50 to the price. But they cut the meat by 67%! The manager told me, down to 1/2 cup, and the second pizza I bought verified this.

The manager said he'd had complaints before, but this was the directive of the national company and was justified because the pizza wouldn't cook properly with too many ingredients on it. This is untrue! This same pizza was loaded with onions, green peppers, and jalapenas (Too many) and could easily have had normal meat and fewer peppers. And surely these thin-crust pizzas (Not deep-dish!) could have cooked fine with a little more meat!

This same thing has happened to me at pizza huts in florida, tennessee, indiana, and michigan, as well as here in montana, so i'm sure the manager was being honest when he said this rip-off is company policy. What a con game!!! Let's get a class action lawsuit going! I'm sure pizza hut has ripped us off to the tune of $millions!

Va

Comments

• Sh
      17th of May, 2007
    Pizza Hut - Never got to order

A friend and I arrived at the local Pizza Hut in Jonesboro, LA at 7:30 tonight. There were about 8 other people in the restaurant. We were seated promptly by a waitress who has served us many times and has always been very nice (and she was tonight also).

She gave us menus and plates and said she would be right back to take our order. We waited... and waited. We finally got up and fixed us a glass of tea. We waited several more minutes and never saw that waitress again. There were 3 other people behind the counter, but no one ever waited on us.
    At 7:55, I went to the cashier and asked how much the tea was. She asked if we had our ticket and I told her we never got to order. She said, "Don't worry about the tea". We left.

I have been going to Pizza Hut as long as it has been in Jonesboro, but I don't think I will be going back for a while.

If they had been really busy, I may could have understood the long wait, but that was NOT the case.

Sheri Norred

• Di
      28th of Oct, 2007

I went last night for diner with my family, the waitress was very rude, after 20 to 30 min. we left b/c she was complaining that she was suppose to work only until 8pm. but yet she was talking to her friends which she got them a table before us even though we got there way earlier than they did, I talk to the manager and told her what was going on, but she didn't care. I work as a dj @ a radio station and i'm thinking about having this as my topic for tomorrows show. that waitress really needs stop working there, its giving bad reputation to the restaurant...

• Da
      4th of Nov, 2007

The pizza-hut people also have an internal policy, where when they have a peak demand, they avoid customers of less order-value. for example, if you call on a week-end, and your history says you ordered only a single pizza, which would come to an order value of rs 400 to 500, which is less that a 1000 rupees, they try to say that there is some technical issue in the center serving the concerned area, so they can not deliver to the customer, but alternatively, we can go there and pick the pizza. this technical issues does not pose any threat if the customer can pickup from the shop, but it is an issue when the customer wants a delivery.

They do not have a sense of commitment, they are not fit to be in the hotel / catering industry. making money is not a big achievement, but they should have some values / ethics, commitment, to the society.

Down down pizza-hut. [ at least the bangalore centers ]
    - daya

• Pa
      30th of Nov, 2007

My husband and I went to pizza hut in cullman alabama for the lunch buffet. there was two employees working the whole restaurant, one was making making the pizza and also working the cash register, the other was serving drinks. I know this because this is what they told us. when we walked in there was not any pizza on the buffet, just empty pans. of course I was expecting pizza out any minute. we sat down got a small salad and waited on the pizza. well come to find out, everyone else was also waiting on the pizza. I ask when more pizza was to come out and that was when I was told there was only two people working today and didnt know when the pizza was coming. we waited approx 20 min and still no pizza. my husband and I decided to pay for our drinks and side salad and go somewhere else. got to the register and we were charged $10.48. we will not be back to pizza hut.

• Ms
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Yes I agree. The size of their pizzas keeps shrinking as well. I got what was supposed to be a large pizza today and it looked barely like a medium. I actually remarked that it looked like a medium in the store (I always open the box now because my order has been wrong so many times) and was assured that it was a large. I brought it home and was asked by my family members why I got a medium instead of a large.

For a bit of background, this is a local carry out/delivery store where I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 10+ years of patronage. In the past when my order has been wrong, either the wrong crust, wrong toppings, no toppings when we've paid for toppings, missing products, or even a completely disgusting product that looked like it had been dropped on the floor and put back in the box before being handed off as food, I have generally bit my tongue and said nothing.

Today I decided to return the product and question its accuracy. I was met not only with a rude sales person, but also a customer in the store who harassed me for deciding to return the product and ask for the charges on my credit card to be reversed. The sales person said she could not reverse the charges but that her supervisor could. When I asked to speak with the supervisor she said that she wasn't available until tomorrow. Then the customer got in my face and said that I had to take the money instead of getting a return on my credit card. She wouldn't let up saying that she was an attorney and that I was harassing the employee. I actually didn't want cash, I just wanted the charges reversed. I've since called my credit card company and found out that if they have a credit card machine, they can reverse the charges. But no, I was bullied by that rude customer and the sales associate which resulted in me just taking cash and leaving the restaurant.

I am horrified over the treatment I received. I will never patronize another Pizza Hut again. EVER. Even if it's the last restaurant on the planet. I will be relating this story to all of my friends in the area.

• Bo
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Best Best Advice +8 Votes

You people are all idiots.
    Onions are not cheap. none of the products on a pizza are. the more you add the more it costs labor wise as well. the more toppings you have on a pizza the harder it is to cook correctly. you want extra sausage, order it #.
    Do you know why there were only tow people in that pizza hut? becouse they cared enough about their job to stay. there are very few willing to work for what this business pays. maybe they were the idiots?
    So... you never returned a bad product until now? not even the worst looking pizza imaginable? why did you continue going there? you seem like a liar to me.

• Bo
      26th of Feb, 2008

Sherri: Did you ask what happened? Maybe she took ill, or maybe her shift ended. The other employees obviously weren't wait staff. They don't get commission or tips so why should they care? Was there another wait staff around that you could have informed about your situation? Maybe since you were just sitting quietly, the wait staff thought you were done.

Diana: Who do you suggest works there instead? Obviously they have no one. Are you a ###, or just play one on the radio?

• Ra
      8th of May, 2008
    Pizza Hut - VERY RUDE/ORDER WRONG
    PIZZA HUT
    Long Beach
    California
    Phone: 5624386161

They got my orderwrong I paid for a toscana pasta, they delivered me
    A marinara pasta, I called to complain and they had a very bad attitude,
    I asked for the 1800 number and they told me they dont have a complaint number,
    So I asked for the general manager and they gave me her cell # I called the cell and
    The gm hung up on me, I called back and she said what do you want, she yelled at me
    For using her min on her personal phone which I was not aware of. I called the store
    She treated me very badly and told me if we ate any of the bread sticks that she would not replace them my bread sticks are all cold now because they refused to make me new bread sticks while I wait for my right order to arrive. then I said thank you for your time and she saidthank you for nothing, the name that the gm gave us is patty ward, her cell is (323) 767-4844, I am asking if this really is a gm!? what happened to customers alwaysright? remind the gm and all the employees that the customer feeds and pays your bills! thank you for your time and I hope you do get back with me.
    Sincerly,
    A very dissapointed customer

9th of May, 2008

My husband and I have been very disappointed in the service we have received lately.in the past several orders, our pizza has arrived with the wrong toppings. I called our area chain (birmingham, al) with a complaint, and they told me that they delivered the pizza that I ordered. I would normally except the explanation, but this is not the first time it has happened. I am very disappointed that I was not even given an appology for what had taken place. I will not give pizza hut any further business in the future

• Va
      16th of May, 2008
    Pizza Hut - Service was lousy
    www.pizzahut.com

My sister and I and my grandson went for pizza about 7:00 pm. Put in our order about 7:10. My sister ordered spaghetti and meatballs and my grandson and I ordered each a personal pan pizza. After about 30 mins. We asked how much longer it would be. The waitress replied the pizzas were in the oven and should be out soon. We got the pizzas about 15 mins. Later. They were cold. My sister asked about her spaghetti, the waitress replied it was almost ready. My sister went to the counter about 10 mins later and talked to the manager. She said that the order was for a child's spaghetti and it wasn't ready yet. My sister told her it was a regular spaghetti. The manager replied, oh it hasn't been fixed yet. I'll put it on right away. They gave us a small discount but we still were not satisfied, the service was lousy. We're hoping pizza hut could rectify this dilemma. It's like that every time we go in there. It's easier and less stressful just to order the pizza and have it delivered or just go pick it up ourselves.

• Ro
      23rd of May, 2008

5/23/08-fri.3:18pm.

I have a friend who works for your corporation (pizza hutz) in harford county.2 weeks ago on a thur. may 8th, 08 around 10:30pm. a woman who is the boss to my friend made the statement to him...

Are you going to grow up to be a child molester? this is a very, highly unusual thing to say to an employee. my friend is afraid to come forth at this point because of losing his job. the county is harford county in the state of md. it is locked down by at least 95%republican. the law here is very money oriented and crooked..

When he told me that he was afraid of losing his job, I thought about the most recent case of the republican judge don thompson (anothere republican) who the state of oklahoma allowed him to masturbate in a courtroom for a period of 6-years and when his court reporter-lisa foster told on him, she was immediately fired. although irrelevent to my friend who works at your corporation, it still expresses why he does not want to complain..

I told him to file a civil litigation against pizza hut (pursuant to uscs 1983-42 action.

He is thinking about this.
    do you have any suggestions and do you take these emails serious

Robert

26th of May, 2008
    Pizza Hut In Greenacers The Dine In And Buffet Next To Mc. Donalds - terrible service AND RUDENESS
    Florida

My husban and I went to a pizza hut on monday. may 26.2008 around about 1:15 pm... we walked in the lady didnt even say hi or anything. she just told us to take a seat and somebody will be right with us... so then a young girl came and asked us what can we get to drink with out saying hello or anything so we told her what drinks we wanted. she came back 2 minutes later and didnt even give us time to think about what we wanted she didnt ask if we needed time or anything she just asked. so we ordered a large pepporoni pizza. while we was waiting for our food we were sitting down and talking then my husban and I noticed his cup being dirty with stuff on it. also our pepsi tasted flat and not to good like it suppost to so we told 1 of the ladys who works their and she fixed the problem. so then our food came like 5 minutes later. the server not even talking to my husban and not even checking up on us and makeing sure if we need refills or anything. we had to get her to come to us. when we were done she didnt even give us a bill or anything. not to mention 2 boys she new came in their to eat and she let them eat for free. I think she should get fired.. they should get cought.

This happend at the pizza hut in greenacers I can say. next to the plaza right next to the mc. donalds.

Thanks you have a nice day

• Ka
      27th of May, 2008

Ok... so I went to pizza hut today.

The waiters were soo rude and aragent it was unbelievable.

I got overcharged by about £7 and when I confronted them about this they denied it without even taking it further.

I am totally disgusted and will not be going to the pizza hut in sutton, surrey again.

The meal was also cold and tastless.

• Va
      2nd of Jun, 2008
    Pizza Hut - Unfair
    www.pizzahut.com

The pizza hut in york hired a new manager that should not have been hired, when they had a very good one in jeanne who has been there for a long time, I refuse to go there once the new manager gets there, also why is jeanne doing his job, yet she is not good enough for management. I am letting all of my friends and family know that they should boycott pizza hut for their unfair labour standards. the new manager is currently being trained to that he can manage for pizza hut yet there was someone who did not need to be trained right at their fingertips, maybe it is because she is a woman, hmm, do you think.

• Gr
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I was willing to pay amt. for my pizza, I and my friend got a salad, thinking it came with the pizza. the salad bar was a joke to begin with, a sad selection, mainly pitiful. the 6.58 price times two blew my mind, for real. I quietly told the register girl, I would not be back, she thought I was kidding! nooo wonder there were no other customers there, early evening. I used to go there in past years, it was wonderful, that is why I went there! the pizza was quite horrible and tasteless. I don't make a practice of complaining. I feel it would be half fair, just to be reimbursed the salad at least.

• As
      10th of Jun, 2008

The pizza hut on abercorn across the street from staples in savannah, ga is awful. the customer service was pitful. there was no straws in the building and they ran out of personnal pan pizzas after we ordered two and they brought the one. I believe they are short of help because there was only two individuals in the restuarant during lunch hours. awful experience today 6-10-2008!

• Ji
      9th of Jul, 2008

I stopped at pizza hut to order pizza to take home. I asked cara if the medium pizzas with 3 toppings was still on sale for $9.99. she said the only special a p'zone, she told me and charged me $13.50, when matt the afternoon man brought my pizza out hold and behold there taped to the box was the pizza with the price I asked for. he just laughed like a fool not realizing the damage he was doing to pizza hut relation with customers. I don't know what happened to cara. she either went out the back door or stayed in back till I left. believe me word of mouth from unsatisfied people takes it toll on a good customer. the price of that pizza should have been $9.99 plus tax not $12.74 plus tax or $13.50.

18th of Jul, 2008

I ordered pizza hut over the phone today 7-18-08. the young lady who took my order said it would be 15-20 min before my order was ready, so I arrived to pick my pizza's up 30 minutes later. when I arrived to pick the pizza's up they told me, "your pizza's will be right up." yeah right! I ended up waiting an extra 30 minutes! when I finally got my pizza's the order was definitely not what I expected. my thin crust pizza tasted like over cooked cracker crust with very stingy cheese, when I ordered extra cheese. my mild wings were not cooked to order and ran through twice like I asked, but they did offer to run them back through again but it would take another 20 minutes! ive been doing business with pizza hut for years and im sorry to say for the last few times ive ordered from you all, business is just getting very sad! the pizza hut with the worse service is here in dayton, oh 1023 gettysburg ave. its a sadd story!!!

• Ka
      23rd of Jul, 2008
    Pizza Hut - Cheating people of their money
    Hwy 61
    Clarksdale
    Mississippi
    Phone: 662 6272218
    PizzaHut.com

The manager at this particular restaurant told me that you guys charge additional 3.49 for a second child. but its kids nite and every child supposed to eat free. you didn't say you had to have a second adult there just to receive that service. and to be charge 15.50 for the meal. the manger charge me a 1.89 for a drink I did not order and told they still have to charge regardless if I got it or not. thats very wrong and i'm very, very pissed off. I should not have to pay all that money for nothing. they should have told before I ordered they didn't. I won't be going back I might as well order from the menu. and she was nonchalant about it and obnoxious and a real #. I will never go back just to pay all that money for nothing.

• Ba