Pep Boys / poor service

I took my car to pep Boys to get a free Brake Inspection, They had told me that I would need

new rear brakes, Master cylinder, two new tires, and to repack the barings. I t would cost $450.00 verbal estimate. No written estimate was given to me, they told me that my car would be done that Friday.

I called it was not done now it would cost another $100.00. Then on Saturday I was told it would need a Mastercylinder and it would cost another $100.00.

I had to miss my mini vacation with my son and he was disappointed. It was not right all customers should be given a written estimate, something to fall back on when this type of business likes to play around and not tell you the whole story.

Va

Comments

• Va
      5th of Jun, 2008

I visit store258 to have a wheel alignment and was told my car was not safe and need to change my brakes, rotator as well as callipers. I’m a woman who really doesn’t know much about these things and became very concerned. The sales person (Frank) again stated my car was not safe so I said wait I will call you back. When I called back to tell them not to do the repairs received an ok. To my surprised they were done anyway. My car just went for inspection not even a week before and none of these things were found. The workers at the store begin talking to each other in a Spanish language which I do not speak. I was forced to pay for something I did not authorize. I feel that if they replaced the old part back on my car it would really be fixed unsafe. Also the next day I returned to the store because I was still having the problem I went there for. I was told they have done all they can do for me. So I return to my car very unsatisfied to find oil boot stains on my carpet 600 dollars later and still have the same problem

• Ro
      8th of Feb, 2009

pep boys NEVER EVER dose work without an estimate and customer authorization period.. rj

28th of Feb, 2010

A long-time customer, although I've never loved or hated them. A better and easier option than going to the dealer. On the last visit, I waited in line for 15 minutes without even an acknowledgement that I was there! I was the next person and I would expect an "I'll be right with you" or "thanks for waiting". At check-out the price was higher than over the phone due to sales tax. I let them know that when I talked to rep over the phone I specifically confirmed that this was the out-the-door total. He confirmed with a yes. That changed when I picked up my car. All around poor service at this visit.

27th of Sep, 2010

I went to a Pep Boys recently to have my oil changed. Richard, the guy who writes up your car, sold me a regular oil change. It took roughly 20 min just for him to get my car in since he was so slow and old. I signed the paper and left. He told me I was the very first car of the day so it should be ready in 10 min. I said that's fine, and went to work. An hour later, Richard called me saying that he damaged my oil filter when he tried to remove it with a hammer. I became furious, since you don't remove a filter with a hammer. He said it wont come out, and I have to go to a "Git'er done" shop to get it out and it will cost me a "Purdy penny." I told him that when I get off of work that I will be having some sharp words for him. 20 min later, Richard showed up at my job. I dont know how he knew I worked there, and it seemed awkward. He started apologizing and I said that sorry isn't enough. He then said, "I will make it all good for you sweet cheeks." Richard touched my balls. It felt so sweet and nice, and he massaged my taint a bit. I totally forgot about what happened and I forgave him.