Menu
Etrailer.com
reviews & complaints

Etrailer.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

21 complaints
2 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Etrailer.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
12:15 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Rhino roof racks

I'm here to attest to, unless you want your anxiety or temper to skyrocket stay away from this company. They were terrible to deal and communicate with after the purchase. At first glance when talking to the sales representative-Adam-conversation was light and pleasant due to the used car salesman theory of hoping to get a sale. Fast forward to post receiving the $500+ roof rack. After installation they made a constant grating high pitch sound so I called etrailer and was basically told sorry about your luck and the item was not returnable. Not a good answer so I persued further with Adam who sold the item to me. He reassured me they would send a paid return label and I would get a refund. After several emails and over a week later still no return label. Crickets from etrailer and Adam. Seriously lame. Thanks for a terrible product and a terrible experience. I hope others take this review to heart!

Desired outcome: I asked for a full refund. Was told no refunds, then yes we will send you a return label and then NOTHING. No followup and are now not responding.

G
1:10 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Its been 8 days now,and still have 2 bolts that were not in undamaged box for Kodiak brake system.

Purchased a complete brake system and no help from e-trailer or their supplier Kodiak brakes --- Rockwell ccompany. My customer has missed 2 weekends @ the lake with his new to him 10000.00 Boat. He had a accident because his brakes were bad and will not pull it to the lake now. Left me dealing with a MAD Customer. I was told by Adelia @ E-Trailer I would have the bolts by June 24 th. I would purchased them from Ebay if I knew this last week. What a JERK AROUND and Kodiak shipped them on June 23 and has no clue how they shipped them or the tracking number ! Just it went Fed-X ! What the Hell?

Desired outcome: My money back!

6:18 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Tow Mirrors for 2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Worked with customer service about the mirrors I had purchased. I could only see side to side, but I was looking for a mirror that I would increase my height (top to bottom) visibility. Samantha E. was very helpful in helping me find the correct mirror.

However when I returned the first order I was only expecting to have $15.34 deducted for shipping. They actually deducted almost 50%. Out of a $66.33 order I received $33.89 back to me.

I will take my business somewhere else with refund policies like this. Watch out if you have to return ANYTHING to these people.

Paul Land

3:23 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - incorrect order

i called the customer service told them i had a car trailer, then asked them for correct measurement for rim bolt pattern they stated to measure from the first to the 3rd bolt so i did and was 4-3/4 so she ordered the rims and were delivered and were wrong . i called right away and told them what was up . in the meantime i looked at their website and it stated that need to measure from outside of first stud to the center of the third one , so i did it was 5 inches , i told them this and they said it was wrong and the sent out the same rims , called them again and they said the American made trailer was metric studs and said they don't have the rims went down to trailer supply locally and they had in stock it was 5on 5 rim like i stated burned up 3 and 1/2 weeks of non use and i even talked to a supervisor and she said she would fix it and never heard from her again will not be using then Ever again

1 comment
G
Jun 14, 2022 7:43 pm EDT

Reading these reviews was rather shocking to me. It is as if they are written about a completely different company. I have ordered from eTrailer multiple times and the quality of their products and customer support have been nothing short of excellent. It's not often in this day and age when you can call customer support and talk to a human that communicates well and understands their products. When selling products to fit vehicles of multiple makes, years and manufacturers, it is only reality that there will be problems. I have found their installation videos to be generally excellent, and their customer support (when something does go wrong) to be amazing.

P
5:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a safety strobe light for $124.00. Once installed the light only illuminates the bottom half of the overall hight of the strobe. I was given the okay to return, however, the shipping was $30.00 and there "could be" other costs involved to subract from my "credit". Notice the advertising shows the light illuminates to the top.

View 0 more photos
K
1:19 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Shipping and customer service

If it is important, go somewhere else
If it is important, go somewhere else. Customer Service will not accept responsibility, they will not meet their promises, they will not ship and then say you are too stupid to understand.

I ordered parts. I needed them by date certain. The website said "IN STOCK". I placed the order and paid for shipping to arrive FRIDAY because I need it on Saturday.

Four days later (Thursday, the day before it is supposed to arrive) I get an email, good news, your order will ship on Monday (now it is not shipping until 3 days after it was supposed to arrive.) I called and customer service said "we just got it, they are unloading the truck now. So, I asked why the system said "In stock", CS says well, it is in stock.

I am exasperated, "No, it is on a truck, but your site said in stock several days ago, it lied." CS had the audacity to say "our system did not lie, you do not understand . . . " Never mind the rest of the ignorance spouted by this guy.

When I asked what could be done, they did not offer to refund shipping, they did not offer to express, they did not offer to fix. Only suggestion is "I can mark this priority so they process your order and try to get it out first thing Monday." So, "IN STOCK" and "your order will arrive on ________" mean nothing. Just hand over your money, do not bother to find a reliable purveyor, just trust us!

IF YOU NEED PARTS, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! THIS COMPANY CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Desired outcome: I just want what I am promised and what I pay for.

1 comment
Jun 15, 2022 11:26 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered from e-trailer. My comments echo k803r48 of Plano's comments (11/4/21) regarding shipping. I also ordered parts which were "in stock" and said to be shipped in three days. Over one week later, with several changes in shipping, I finally cancelled my order. The last change had the shipping date two weeks later than originally stated. Again, this is for items that were in stock.

I contacted e-trailer (Rory) who was very apologetic and was told they were experiencing delays in shipping. I suggested e-trailer update their shipping info on their website because, according to the website, if I ordered the same items again, they would be delivered before my original order shipped. Rory gave me a new shipping date and said an IT ticket would be created to fix the discrepancy on the website. Since our conversation, my shipping date has changed two more times and it is now two weeks from when I placed the original order. VERY POOR customer service.

P
10:22 am EDT

Etrailer.com - Refund for returned trailer kit

Order #[protected] MPG461B2 trailer kit received 6 packages (Trailer frame, wheels and lights) but no assembly kits or coupling assembly. Waited a week with no resolution therefore canceling order due to lack of response and resolution. Put up with another 3 weeks waiting for UPS return labels and UPS pickup that finally occurred on Friday, April 9th. The 6 packages were delivered and received by Malone Mfg. on Monday, April19th between 9:00 and 9:05 AM.

As of today, May 28th, my credit card account still has not been credited/refunded the invoiced price originally charged to my account. I've waited over six weeks for this refund and I need the credit now! I left a voice mail message for Sarah H at 636.887.9322 on Tuesday and still have not heard back from anyone at eTrailer.

Desired outcome: Immediately post the refund/credit to my AE credit card.

9:07 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Failing to deliver product, shipping date keep being pushed back

Joe covello tracking # [protected]-29651. It ridicules to be told of a delivery date and here it is almost a month later and no order yet please respond

T
7:57 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Inability to sell a hitch

I wasted time with their poorly conceived online form. After several attempts requiring nearly an hour. I had a receipt.
The next day "sorry we cant ship to your address". Funny the rest if the world seems fully capable to ship to small town America.
I returned all of the information required and received a followup email "sorry start over". As if, I would waste another hour for $200 worth of merchadise. I am out more than that with my first effort
Time to favor the over seas competition with better products and competent service.
Maga really? When was it ever great?

5:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etrailer.com - rv replacement light fixtures

We ordered several wall mounted lights. They were shipped with no mounting screws or hardware, something the manufacturers send with them. No lamps. no paperwork, just 3 fixtures thrown in a box. The "customer service person"{ and I use that term loosely}, says we ship them without mounting hardware because if you are replacing a light you should have the old ones available. THE NEW ONES ARE NOT THE SAME COLOR. And we ship them without lamps because you should have the old lamps for them. oh yea the lamps are different.
When we called they want to charge additional 12 dollars to return them. And then they have the balls to advertise 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Worst customer service I have seen. Will NOT do business with this company again. Would advise anyone to find another company.

K
6:00 am EDT

Etrailer.com - Be careful

If I was a CEO of this company I would be ashamed that my customer service is such a crap.
When you order, please, be very careful and check the entered information twice. There will be no opportunity to change it. I made a mistake in spelling, ordered and noticed it after confirmation. In fact, other websites have no problem with correcting mistypes, but this one doesn't give a crap about it. They simply say: no, and keep doing their stuff.
So it means you will have further problems when receiving or they will send it to the wrong address

V
10:03 am EST

Etrailer.com - Horrible customer service

I received an incorrect order and contacted Etrailer customer service. They said that I need to ship the item back and they will send the one that I paid for.
I paid for the return shipping and sent the item back. Later I received a notification message from the post office that Etrailer received the package. Their representative assured me that correct order was sent to me but I did not received anything. Two weeks later I contacted them and they asked me to be more patient. Last time when I tried to reach them they did not reply.

T
6:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Run from the company www.etrailer.com. I bought weight distribution hitch from them, but it arrived defective already. I was disappointed that the seller packaged and sent such thing. It was seen very clearly that it was defective. I don’t understand how he has sent it. I emailed to him, but he refused to change the hitch and told me that I wouldn’t get money from him. And the deal was over.

3:10 pm EST

Etrailer.com - return of funds

Was sent a order that I had canceled because they were out of stock (even though) their website indicated in was in stock.
Sent the order anyway, had use my own money to ship it back (1st red flag)
It took two weeks for their receiving department to check it in (2nd red flag) Summit racing does it with 48 hours and everyone know how big they are.
Now their excuse is they have been trying to refund the money and they can't (same exact account they took it from, absolutely no changes on my side). This has been going on for over a week now (3rd and final red flag, can't put it back in the account you took it from, really).

Overall process from when I shipped it back until now (which I jjust checked to see if they had deposited the money back is over 5 weeks now, live in Ohio. (Shouldn't take that long) from Missouri.
Tired of dealing with them (decided to dispute the orginal charge and let the bank PNC go after them.

Just looked at the about section on gheir website, it says satisfaction guaranteed. No satisfaction here. So that is a false statement.

And if you know anything about the BBB, in order to get those plus signs, you buy them. Not earned. Now i understand more about the service i am receiving.

Another thing that caught my attention about their website is that they have been in business since 1946, i would have figured they would have figured out the customer service thing by now

View 0 more photos
Y
5:47 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Bad service

Etrailer sent me a Hidden Hitch that was bent and could not mount. They said to fix it myself. I shouldn't have to fix this, they should send me a replacement without question. This is very poor customer service and I will not ever buy from them again. You would think they would show more concern and diligence due to this being a trailer hitch, and safety is a factor here. Altering a hitch in a half *** way is so unethical and a very poor response on their part. I have heard similar negative reviews about Etrailer, and I have voiced my view on several other auto accessories sites as well.

S
7:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a set of basic wheels (they where cheaper by $20 a set)after two days they say it will ship in a week, after a week they say they will see them at their warehouse in another week and I should see them a week after that. WTF - If I would have known they where going to take 3+ weeks I would have spent the extra $20 and got them from someone else. Oh...

8:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a hitch for my car and the parts bag was unopened but missing to critical parts. I called and they were happy to ship the parts that were missing but could not ship to a PO BOx (my billing address). I never recived the parts. When I called back, they told me that the parts were shipped to my residence. I never received the parts. They are sending...

R
1:19 pm EDT

Etrailer.com - Poor service

After ordering from these guys they sent me an email saying my order would ship in 7 days. I think they knew in advance that the parts were on back order but they accepted the order anyway. After ten days and no parts or update, I emailed them but got no response. I called and was told by some unconcerned sounding person, it would be another two weeks before my order shipped. It's been over three weeks and I'm still waiting. They have a nice looking website, but they don't live up to their promises. My advise is to shop elsewhere.

R
7:56 am EST

Etrailer.com - False advertising and will not refund

Being a long-time repeat customer, I was sent something that was not the same as what was advertised. I bought a hitch that was stated on their website to weigh 27 pounds. It arrived at 37 pounds.

That is a big deal on a sports car! I was told that since the functionality of the hitch was not affected by the weight difference that they would not refund my round trip delivery fees.

They stuck it too me and they will never see another dollar from me. I have sent business to them and now it is time to warn everyone that this company will lie, refuse to take responsibility for their false advertising, fail to satisfy even a long standing loyal customer.

You have been warned. Deal with someone who has less negative reviews!

I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased. Don't make the same mistake. Don't do business with these liars.

V
2:09 am EDT

Etrailer.com - Avoid them

Terrible experience. Stay away from these guys. I cancelled the order before I even received it and I have been trying for two weeks to get my refund. I was told a refund was issued on Jun30th (7 days ago) but checking with my cc card, nothing has been refunded. So, I called, sent email, contacted them via website and have received no response from them. I wish I was smart enough to check this and similar sites before I placed my order with them.

I will have to dispute the charge to get my $$$ back but these guys will never again see a penny from me.

Etrailer.com contacts