Having problems with Etrailer.com?

Etrailer.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun12:00 PM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etrailer.com Customer Service. Initial Etrailer.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etrailer.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etrailer.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Etrailer.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

eTrailer.comFailing to deliver product, shipping date keep being pushed back

Joe covello tracking # [protected]-29651. It ridicules to be told of a delivery date and here it is almost a month later and no order yet please respond

eTrailer.comInability to sell a hitch

I wasted time with their poorly conceived online form. After several attempts requiring nearly an hour. I had a receipt.
    The next day "sorry we cant ship to your address". Funny the rest if the world seems fully capable to ship to small town America.
    I returned all of the information required and received a followup email "sorry start over". As if, I would waste another hour for $200 worth of merchadise. I am out more than that with my first effort
    Time to favor the over seas competition with better products and competent service.
    Maga really? When was it ever great?

eTrailer.comrv replacement light fixtures

We ordered several wall mounted lights. They were shipped with no mounting screws or hardware, something the manufacturers send with them. No lamps. no paperwork, just 3 fixtures thrown in a box. The "customer service person"{ and I use that term loosely}, says we ship them without mounting hardware because if you are replacing a light you should have the old ones available. THE NEW ONES ARE NOT THE SAME COLOR. And we ship them without lamps because you should have the old lamps for them. oh yea the lamps are different.
      When we called they want to charge additional 12 dollars to return them. And then they have the balls to advertise 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Worst customer service I have seen. Will NOT do business with this company again. Would advise anyone to find another company.

eTrailer.comBe careful

If I was a CEO of this company I would be ashamed that my customer service is such a crap.
        When you order, please, be very careful and check the entered information twice. There will be no opportunity to change it. I made a mistake in spelling, ordered and noticed it after confirmation. In fact, other websites have no problem with correcting mistypes, but this one doesn't give a crap about it. They simply say: no, and keep doing their stuff.
        So it means you will have further problems when receiving or they will send it to the wrong address

EtrailerHorrible customer service

I received an incorrect order and contacted Etrailer customer service. They said that I need to ship the item back and they will send the one that I paid for.
          I paid for the return shipping and sent the item back. Later I received a notification message from the post office that Etrailer received the package. Their representative assured me that correct order was sent to me but I did not received anything. Two weeks later I contacted them and they asked me to be more patient. Last time when I tried to reach them they did not reply.

www.etrailer.com — The weight distribution hitch was defective

Run from the company www.etrailer.com. I bought weight distribution hitch from them, but it arrived defective...

eTrailer.comreturn of funds

Was sent a order that I had canceled because they were out of stock (even though) their website indicated in was in stock.
            Sent the order anyway, had use my own money to ship it back (1st red flag)
            It took two weeks for their receiving department to check it in (2nd red flag) Summit racing does it with 48 hours and everyone know how big they are.
            Now their excuse is they have been trying to refund the money and they can't (same exact account they took it from, absolutely no changes on my side). This has been going on for over a week now (3rd and final red flag, can't put it back in the account you took it from, really).

Overall process from when I shipped it back until now (which I jjust checked to see if they had deposited the money back is over 5 weeks now, live in Ohio. (Shouldn't take that long) from Missouri.
            Tired of dealing with them (decided to dispute the orginal charge and let the bank PNC go after them.

Just looked at the about section on gheir website, it says satisfaction guaranteed. No satisfaction here. So that is a false statement.

And if you know anything about the BBB, in order to get those plus signs, you buy them. Not earned. Now i understand more about the service i am receiving.

Another thing that caught my attention about their website is that they have been in business since 1946, i would have figured they would have figured out the customer service thing by now

return of funds

EtrailerBad service

Etrailer sent me a Hidden Hitch that was bent and could not mount. They said to fix it myself. I shouldn't have to fix this, they should send me a replacement without question. This is very poor customer service and I will not ever buy from them again. You would think they would show more concern and diligence due to this being a trailer hitch, and safety is a factor here. Altering a hitch in a half *** way is so unethical and a very poor response on their part. I have heard similar negative reviews about Etrailer, and I have voiced my view on several other auto accessories sites as well.

Etrailer — Shipping Sucks!

I ordered a set of basic wheels (they where cheaper by $20 a set)after two days they say it will ship in a...

Etrailer — Don't use it

I ordered a hitch for my car and the parts bag was unopened but missing to critical parts. I called and they...

EtrailerPoor service

After ordering from these guys they sent me an email saying my order would ship in 7 days. I think they knew in advance that the parts were on back order but they accepted the order anyway. After ten days and no parts or update, I emailed them but got no response. I called and was told by some unconcerned sounding person, it would be another two weeks before my order shipped. It's been over three weeks and I'm still waiting. They have a nice looking website, but they don't live up to their promises. My advise is to shop elsewhere.

EtrailerFalse advertising and will not refund

Being a long-time repeat customer, I was sent something that was not the same as what was advertised. I bought a hitch that was stated on their website to weigh 27 pounds. It arrived at 37 pounds.

That is a big deal on a sports car! I was told that since the functionality of the hitch was not affected by the weight difference that they would not refund my round trip delivery fees.

They stuck it too me and they will never see another dollar from me. I have sent business to them and now it is time to warn everyone that this company will lie, refuse to take responsibility for their false advertising, fail to satisfy even a long standing loyal customer.

You have been warned. Deal with someone who has less negative reviews!

I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased. Don't make the same mistake. Don't do business with these liars.

EtrailerAvoid them

Terrible experience. Stay away from these guys. I cancelled the order before I even received it and I have been trying for two weeks to get my refund. I was told a refund was issued on Jun30th (7 days ago) but checking with my cc card, nothing has been refunded. So, I called, sent email, contacted them via website and have received no response from them. I wish I was smart enough to check this and similar sites before I placed my order with them.

I will have to dispute the charge to get my $$$ back but these guys will never again see a penny from me.

eTrailer.comeTrailer.com sells defective auto parts!

During spring 2007, I purchased a bike carrier and trailer hitch from etrailer.com. After only one weekend camping trip, the hitch bent to the point that the bike carrier was nearly dragging on the ground. When I contacted etrailer.com with news of their equipment's substandard performance, I was disappointed to discover that etrailer.com did not stand behind its equipment. etrailer.com invited me to return the defective equipment that I had purchased--but only at my own expense! In my opinion, that is hardly the position that a respectable company should adopt.

Worse yet, when I returned the hitch, etrailer.com took the liberty of deducting outbound shipping and a 20% restocking fee from their overall refund. Thus, I ended up netting $33.14 in return for a hitch that originally cost $159.95. In conclusion, if you are looking for bike hitches or other auto accessories, I DO NOT recommend etrailer.com.

In my experience, etrailer.com sells defective equipment, and etrailer.com has little concern for the cost or inconvenience that it causes its customers.