Panera Bread / poor customer service

Merrillville, IN, US Review updated:

On 11/25/16 at 3:23:35pm I went thru the drive thru and ordered a BREAD BOWL with tomatoes soup. When I got home it was ONLY the soup. When I called the manager & gave her my check #1342212, she said I only ordered soup. Now I ask you, WHO goes to panera & DOESN'T get the bread??? And who pays $5.77 for soup you can get from a can??? It's all about the BREAD!!! She didn't apologize or say I could come in & get the bread. VERY RUDE. I understand people have bad days I myself have had a bad day, my dog died & I had JUST picked up her ashes. You need to teach your managers some common courtesy.

Ma
Nov 25, 2016

Comments

• Po
      Nov 27, 2016

It is absolutely ridiculous to assume no one gets the soup without the bread. What about those who are counting calories? What about those who are gluten free? Just because you feel this way doesn't mean others do.

• Ca
      Nov 27, 2016

The menu says you get your choice of a side (bread, apple, roll, chips). Did you specify what side you wanted? Or did you just assume they would know you wanted bread? BTW: if you really don't like the soup there, why not just order bread and eat the soup with a canned soup at home? It would be cheaper that way.