[Resolved] Overstock.com / scam

I ordered curtains from overstock.com and tried to cancel before they were shipped but was too late. When I received them in the mail I returned them immediately without even opening the box they were shipped in. Upon return, overstock initially refunded the price (less cost of shipping) then sent another email and said they deducted $40 more because there were hairs in the package. I called them and said I didn't even open the package and the CS person "Jessica" was almost laughing when she told me that they could not restock the item due to hairs. Again, I did not even open the box it was shipped in. I have seen other posts where overstock has said there were hairs in the returns. Has anyone ever seen the proof of these "hairs"? I think this is a scam that they are pulling, especially the way "Jessica" was responding to my call. Does anyone know of any class action suits against overstock?

• Resolution statement

• Overstock.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 04, 2011

Hello Jo Ann, We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to further discuss the issue. Would you mind sending your order/contact information to [protected]@overstock.com? Thank you!

Lu

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2011

I purchased a Seiko watch in May, which quit working in June. I paid over $300 for this watch, now they are saying I must have the original packaging in order to return the watch for a service guarantee repair. Since I have owned several Seiko watches and none of them quit working in a couple of months, it never occured to me to save the box.

• Th
      12th of Feb, 2012

This is where if you bought it with a credit card you could have charged back against them. It is something some of us do not like to do, meaning use a credit card but over a debit card the credit card companies take fraud very seriously as it is the main cost of doing business for them, As well when a company gets many charge backs they are charged more for each offense on there merchant account.

• Ds
      5th of Mar, 2018

I purchased a set of Cusinart Chef Stainless Steel 14pc Cookware Set back in July of 2016. Paid for the the cookware and never purchased another item from Overstock since. I haven't even made an inquiry. Early October 2017, I receive I bill in the mail from Overstock, telling me I owe them almost $75... For what? They (Christopher) explained it was for late fees. Again... I asked, for what? "for the annual fee (of $50)" But I haven't purchased anything from you and I never received a bill. They "sent it via email". Noooo. I never received anything. I asked them (asked for a manager) to be reasonable. Absolutely NO flexibility on their end. I made several calls and asked them to do the right thing by the consumer. I've written letters. I have never dealt with a retailer that is so hardcore. Never again. I'm going to write to everyone I can if I can't get this mess resolved within the next 2 days.