Overstock.com / beware of returns!

Ordered Mens XL snow bibs on 1/21/09 for $31.99 and $2.95 shipping. Item arrived and I did not open it. I had found out that the person I bought them for wore an XXL and knew they wouldn't fit. I used the "return" link off of my account and received a USPS Parcel post return label on 2/9/09 with an email telling me that it would be $8.62 to return the item which would be deducted from my account.

Today, 2/18/09 I recieve an email telling me that I was receiving a refund in the amount of $20.17 because of the deduction in return postage and $3.20 for "repackaging and restocking".

I contacted the Live Chat customer support and was told they also deducted $.25 because they found a hair in the package. When I told them that the package had never been opened and it was not only returned as received but with the original invoice included as well they told me that they would refund the quarter to me. I told him that Overstock.com must be in worse financial shape than the rest of America and that they could keep the quarter.

The customer service rep, Gunnar, offered me a $5.00 in store credit because of my dissatisfaction and I told him that I didn't want it because I was never shopping with them again.

The customer service rep then pointed out that the item had to be returned within 30 days to be eligible for a full refund. I pointed out that the item was ordered on 1/21/09, label printed and mailed 2/9/09 and that I was informed of the "refund" today 2/18/09...that certainly fell within return guidelines from ORDER date and not even delivery date.

After pointing that out he said that he would offer me a $5.00 refund to my credit card or a $10.00 in store credit. I again told him that I was never shopping with them again and to just put the $5.00 on my card.

If you order ANYTHING from Overstock.com please be aware that retuning it is a gigantic headache that will not only cost you time but up to half the value of the item you are returning. I lost $14.77 for an item I never opened. Just do a little research and you will see that there are many other people that this has happened to as well.

BEWARE BEFORE YOU ORDER.

Comments

• At
      25th of Feb, 2009

I feel you 100% on the "Beware of returns!" I returned two items on 2/3, and as of today, 2/25, I still have not received my credit.

Their customer service department really needs a make-over. With my experience, once I grew tired of the condescending and arrogant attitude of the agent, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I just knew the level of customer service would escalate...WRONG...he was even more arrogant and more condescending.

Overstock.com...STICK A FORK IN ME, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, OR ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN..WE'RE DONE..YOU GETS NO MORE OF OUR MONEY!!