Orbitzmisadvertising

Wife and i for our 71st birthday booked a trip to Sealtle with Orbitz, mainly due to a statement that the reservation could be cancled with no penality. A week later we find out my wife has to have major heart surgery and we can't go. Try to cancel on line, could not, even though i booked on line. Told to call [protected]. After 20 minutes on hold for this 'VERY IMPORTANT CALL', I'm told that to cancle they would keep my money for 1 year and if i do not rebook within 1 year, i forfet my money. Additionally, i have to pay a $200 fee to the airline if i do rebook. When i told about their web page that said no penality or problem with cancelation, they said this had to be done by 10 am of the day after i booked the trip.

I consider this lying, misrepresentation and likely illegal. Likely they caluculate most of us can't afford to legally challenge it. Not only is my wife's dream trip shot but on our fixed income, we are going to be out a lot of money for us. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO A CLASS ACTION (SUE) ORBITZ. WE CAN'T BE UNIQUE, THERE MUST BE 1, 000s and 1, 000s out there with the same experience. That is Millions and Millions of dollars ORBITZ is stealing daily. I will keep trying without much expectation of success, but i make sure everyone i know, everyone i meet now and in the future to not use ORBITZ and ask them to tell 10 other people

Sj
Feb 12, 2015

Comments

• Or
      Feb 13, 2015

Hello,

My name is Shalon, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [protected]@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,