Shosholoza Meyl Logo

Shosholoza Meyl

Having problems with Shosholoza Meyl?

860 008 888 (Reservations)
+27 110 136 566 (Gauteng Area)
+27 123 152 090 (Gauteng Area)
+27 110 133 696 (Gauteng Area)
+27 218 601 455 (Western Cape Area)
+27 214 494 596 (Western Cape Area)
+27 219 403 474 (Western Cape Area)
+27 343 287 207 (Durban Area)
+27 313 618 227 (Durban Area)
+27 415 072 459 (Eastern Cape Area)
+27 415 072 291 (Eastern Cape Area)
+27 419 942 002 (Eastern Cape Area)
+27 562 682 058 (Free State Area)
+27 514 084 861 (Free State Area)
+27 514 082 262 (Free State Area)
+27 110 137 212 (Johannesburg Area)
+27 127 487 353 (Pretoria Area)
+27 214 492 124 (Cape Town Area)
+27 458 082 011 (Queenstown & Port Elizabeth Area)
+27 514 083 390 (Bloemfontein Area)
30 Wolmarans Street, Umjantshi House
Braamfontein
South Africa

Complaints & Reviews

no service train stuck at klerksdorp since last night

Waited on Potch for 5 hours for train, then train went to Klerksdorp and there we are stuck. manager told us there is something wrong on the line and busses will be arranged if lines are not fixed. Now 6 o clock in the morning the next excuse is that the unit is faulty and the driver refuse to go anywhere. The busses must still come from Bloemfontein. No busses available from Johannesburg. The service is a joke. There is no flippen service. We are suppose to be in Worcester in 6 hours, but still standing at Klerksdorp, what a joke.

I am complaining about the train shosholoza meyl that keeps on delaying and we are now stuck we're not even out of jo'burg it's tiring.

Shosholoza Meyl from Gauteng to KZN is stuck in the middle of nowhere and it really is delaying. We are going...

very bad service

I booked two tickets from Potchefstroom to Cape Town travelling 22 June 2018.
When. I booked my coupe I request to be placed near the dining car for I had a foot operation. That was not done.
I'm a pensioner but paid for 2 tickets in full to be placed in a coupe for my privacy is most importend to me.
On !Kimberley station at 4h00 in the early morning we were walked up to tell us we must leak e the train and get into busses for the electric cables was stolen. It was freezing cold.
First on the bus I had a very over weight lady sitting next to me.. it was very uncomfortable, specially with my sore feet. I could hardly moved. So, I lost the extra ticket I bought.
I'm a diabetic and need to eat every three hours..
The first time we could get of the bus was at Beaufort West to get some coffee and refreshments.
The driver of the Big Sky bus did not commit icate with us to tell us he is not going to stop again for refreshments.
Luckily some co passengers shared their food with me not to fall into a coma.
This trip definitely was not a pleasant experience but a nightmare.
We arrived in Cape Town at 19h30 on Saterday night. Exhausted, thirsty and hungry. This was not something I would ever want to go through again.
I demand two complimentary tickets in a coupe in Tourist class during the month of July to show your gratification to your customers.
I await your urgent reply
Susan Chatburn
Cel [protected]

• Updated by SusanChat · Jun 28, 2018

Attached please find proof of my double payment and tickets for renting a coupe

• Updated by SusanChat · Jun 28, 2018

Attached please find proof of payment for rent a coupee
    Susan Chatburn

• Me
    Meel Dee Oct 10, 2019

am complaining about the train that got stuck inside the tunnel on 03/10/2019 for 5hours, the train was going from Johannesburg to Durban. Shosholoza Meyl you really are playing with peoples lives and its not fair on the ordinary poor South African who relay on this services, i think its time to leave the attitude and the risk you putting our people in, while we where stuck the train manager Jennette didn't even have the respect for people and yet we put this people in power for what? for them to kill our people nxa

Customer help office hardly open/sales lady hardly at her post.

In paarl, western cape(huguenot station) it has now become difficult or almost impossible to do train...

Stay away from Shosholoza Meyl

I transported my goods from Johannesburg to Cape Town using the Shosoloza Meyl train service in June 2007. n the process they lost my television set. On my arrival in Cape Town I was very disappointed & filed a claim. The claim was authorised for payout, but I am still waiting, 27 months later for the money to be reimbursed .

After all the inconvenience they have caused my the least they could do was communicate why it is taking so long as I was informed that the payout was authorised. I was in contact with Flora Tjale who works at transnet & she just ignores all my request for feedback wrt the claim payout.

I am now in a position where I dont know what to do anymore!!

So as a warning to all passengers who is thinking of transporting goods via the train, I just wanted to make you aware of this.

Nozithulele Jul 16, 2015

I just want to complaint about the service we get from Shosholoza Meyl my aunt is travelling from Quenstown to JHb since yesterday 15 July 2015 1h30 afternoon till now she is not arrived, the train took another route because of the goods train which stuck in Bloemfontein i call her at 11o`clock on the 16 July 2015, the train is in De Aar which is still far away to JHb my concern is when she will arrive in JHB

Please Shosholoza improve your service for poor people who can`t afford another transportation, can`t you make any arrangements for those people who been sitting in the train for so long, with no food and water
    I think you are failing to deliver

Concerned thuli

• Za
    Zainulabadean May 30, 2017

My brother bought me a plasma t.v witch i transport it with Shosholoza Meyl it was a brand new plasma he paid R6000 for i phoned the station and
    they telling me they not garenteeing me if my form will be approved i paid R400 TO BOOK the t.v for laggues i wanna know for what i paid for when my t.v is broken

• Lo
    Louise De Jager Nov 16, 2018

What a disaster on 07 Nov 2018. We were 6 pensioners traveling from Park station Johannesburg at 18:45 to Durban the train stuck at Nothingham station and we had to cross the railway line with all our luggage, thanks to the train driver Mr. Klopper who helped us. We had to travel by bus and arrive in Durban at 16:20. Actually our arriving time was 09:10, we had to travel further to Winklespruit where we arrived at 18:55, then we had to walk 2 km to our destiny.
    Our return trip was also a disaster we left at 19:15 and at Germiston the train stuck with no water or electricity and the dining car was lock so we even couldn't by water, coldrink or food. We arrived at Park Station 13:38 so our shuttle went back to Krugersdorp so we had to wait till 16:30 for the shuttle to collect us from the station and paid another R350.00 extra.
    On both trains the train managers didn't even explain what happened, so this is unacceptable. We wouldn't recommend the Shosholoza Meyl to anybody

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices