Complaints & Reviews

Resolved no service and no refund

I made a group reservation. March 10th - They processed the payment by check - They also left me a voice...

no tickets, no help, no satisfaction

I purchased airfare on orbitz.com in April 2008 for travel the first week of June. When I got to the end of the online transaction I was told that my only option was paper tickets that they had to be mailed to me. The least expensive way to receive the tickets was first class mail for $23.95. I chose that option--curious as to why it should cost that much for a first class stamp. In any case, when my tickets hadn't arrived two weeks later I called Orbitz. After being put on hold for about 20 minutes I was told wait an additional 10 days for my tickets to arrive. After 8 days--10 days would have been a Sunday--I called Orbitz again. This time I was on the phone for an hour. After speaking to an agent and then that agent's supervisor I was told that since it was US mail there was no tracking and so my only option was to contact US Airways in person and file a lost claim. I was told by the Orbitz supervisor that the $100 would be refunded to me when the original tickets were found or after completion of travel. The Orbitz supervisor even referred to the $100 as a "deposit". I went to my local airport the next day, paid the $100, got travel vouchers for my flight and a receipt for the $100 claim. I called US Airways to find out how I went about having my $100 refunded--at which point I was informed that the $100 claim fee was nonrefundable and that it should have been the responsibility of Orbitz to get my tickets to me. Essentially the tickets weren't lost they were just never received. Now I've paid the fee and have little recourse. I feel that I was swindled by Orbitz.

Oh.Brutha Oct 03, 2008

You cheaped out by having paper tickets sent thru US Mail?

inaccurate tlc text updates

Orbitz sent me a text message saying that my flight was delayed. I changed my plans and showed up at the airport to find that the airline got back on track and was leaving at the previously scheduled time. Even though it was still not leaving for a half hour they said that they could not process my ticket and get me on the plane. Orbitz would not help me get another flight and only offered a $50 voucher towards future business even though I was having to take a red-eye flight that was worth much less than the flight that I paid for. They would take no responsibility for the fact that they advertise this service as what sets them apart from all of their competitors. If I would have bought from anyone else I would not have gotten the text and I would have made my flight.

Oh.Brutha Nov 19, 2008

So, the airline relayed thru their GDS system to Orbitz that they were running late, and that was relayed to you. Then, the airline decides they are going to leave a little quicker at the airport, just, 30 minutes late, but doesn't notify Orbitz, so Orbitz cannot notify you. So, this is Orbitz fault? All airlines tell you to be there a certain amount of time before you SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME. You decided that if they were running late, so could you?

refund documentation and blatant ineptness or scam

SERIOUSLY INCREDULOUS and most disconcerting with very little apparent recourse i have been lied to misguided by inept representatives from orbitz over a complete refund for medical issue ona flight to europe. medical documentation was faxed from drs office many times with confirmation numbers orbitz claims they were not receievd and still not recieved or they claim was recieved credit will be issued no credit was issued the story gets worse this has been going on two months. i speak with supervisers, each telling a different story i email business office email orbitz customers relations either there is a scam going on or horrid ineptness. the situation is still not resolved i have contacted bbb and will contact whomeber will look into this it is most unnaceptable. i spend hours on the phone at a time being totally lied to. frankly it is incredulous that this be allowed to continue in this manner this company has much to answer for

Oh.Brutha Oct 03, 2008

When you send in your medical documentation, they then forward it to the airline. It is up to the airline as to whether or not you will be refunded.

did not cancel reservation

Several years ago, I booked a room several months in advance and had to cancel. I followed their procedure, was within the period required to cancel, and everything, but my credit card was still charged for the room.

I was unable to recoup the loss ($150). In fact, it caused my account to overdraw ($35) since I was unaware the reservation had not been canceled as ordered.

Their customer service was extremely unhelpful.

This has bothered me ever since. I will never recommend their services to anyone.

Laurie May 15, 2008

I think you did not read the rules and restriction of your hotel reservation. The hotel have a certain policy in canceling the reservation. Some hotels will charge the guest for full stay even if the check in is 60days from day you canceled the reservation. Most US hotels will only charge $25 if you cancel the res more that 3 days from day of check in. When you are canceling a hotel reservation online, the websites reads the rules on the hotel. I guess you were charge for that amount because you are within the policy of the hotel. I've learn this info because I traveled a lot and booked several hotel resevations.

non refundable policy

I booked travel on Air France through Orbitz to Paris from LAX for $3200. Due to a medical emergency the trip had to be cancelled. I called Air France and they said "no problem" but since I had made the reservation through Orbitz I would have to call them, etc.

For the past three days I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue to finally learn that Orbitz refused to refund or credit any amount.

This is a "buyer beware" scam organization who I will never use again. This lesson has cost me over $3K which is painful.

In the future I will use their search engine to find flights and hotels but NEVER AGAIN will I ever book anything through this "con artist" group of travel ###.

The service they provide as "the middle" man is of of negative value and surfaces very quickly if you ever have to change anything.

My advise... Avoid at any cost.

Laurie May 15, 2008

When you booked the reservation the airfare goes directly with Air France (shows also on your billing statement.) And before booking the reservation, the website stated the rules and restictions of your ticket. I travel a lot and fly Air France. I think most of Air France tickets are non refundable and non changable (economy class).

terrible experience!

My husband served in Iraq beginning March 2006. During this time we planned to meet in Greece for a vacation after not seeing each other for over 6 months. After hours of research, I found the perfect spot on Rhodes. I made the reservation for the September 2006 trip in May 2006, paying in full 5 months in advance. I discovered the day before leaving for Greece that Orbitz had taken my money and never made the $2200 hotel reservation.

Mistakes happen and I am a very forgiving person. However, I called Orbitz's customer support to resolve the situation, and they were outright hostile to me over the phone, repeatedly disconnected me, and placed me on hold for a total of over 8 hours. I was told that because a partner is used for European reservations, it was not "Orbitz's fault" and that I should have called this partner to confirm, even though I was sent a confirmation email and was never previously directed to additionally confirm or ever given the contact information for this European partner. I was told repeatedly by customer support that the money was just "gone" and there was nothing they could do. Obviously, this is some sort of scam and Orbitz's support method of dealing with it is to try to tie you up on the phone for so long that eventually you give up.

I had to ask my sister and several friends to help me in calling the support line over and over so that we might find someone who would not disconnect us or put us on hold indefinitely. I looked up as many orbitz.com email addresses as I could find via google and sent my story to every one, several times. After continually requesting to speak to a supervisor, we finally got a woman on the phone who was exceptionally rude, but agreed to put us in a different hotel. I asked if I had a choice which one and she angrily replied: 'You are lucky I'm doing this at all - we don't have to do anything for you!'

I requested a confirmation email for this hotel, which stated this was an 'upgrade' from my original reservation. It turns out the "upgrade" hotel was actually considerably less expensive than the hotel I had booked. I accepted this because I didntt want to be sleeping on a park bench: Orbitz put me in the position of having no choice. The resort I paid for was on the beach with half board. The hotel we were redirected to was not on the beach (it was actually several miles from the beach in a non-tourist area) and included 1 meal over 10 days, versus 2 meals a day for 10 days. Due to this, we spent an additional $1400 in meals, rental car, taxis, and beach access fees. I had to take an entire day off work to try to get any sort of response from Orbitz. Even simple courtesy was beyond their fathoming: my husband was travelling on a military flight and could not be reached to communicate the change in plans. Orbitz staff refused to call the original hotel and leave a message telling him the address of the replacement hotel. I paid for the international calls to Greece. We had to pay the additional taxi fee for him to go to the original hotel on one side of the island, then call another cab to go to the replacement hotel.

What should have been a relaxing respite from the war in Iraq Orbitz turned into a nightmare for my husband and me.

A friend suggested that my credit card company might be able to force Orbitz to admit their wrongdoing. I contacted my credit card company who contacted Orbitz. Orbitz replied with a fraudulent statement that I had paid to book a hotel and they had delivered on that reservation.

Based on their 'business as usual' response to my credit card company, I believe this is a scam: they allow you to book the hotel of your choice, planning all along to dump you in a hotel where no one wants to stay and pocket the price difference, or you will give up and pay for a second reservation, allowing them to pocket the entire amount. In my case, the replacement hotel was $70 less a night than the resort I paid for.

I regularly travel for business and I have never been treated in such an egregious manner. This matter has never been resolved in any way. I have attempted to contact Orbitz many times and they have never responded.

another credit card charged and no room booked!

I booked a reservation through Orbitz for the Dubai Palm. (December 26th, 2007) My card was charged but when I arrived at the hotel - no such reservation existed. The hotel said they did have rooms though (After 45 minutes of not being able to contact Orbitz) but it was significantly higher than my original booking. I then had to find another hotel in this country and it was a little more expensive.

Now, the hard part is getting my money back. I had to call 3 times before anyone even followed through with my complaint. On the third time I demanded to speak with a supervisor. This is also costing me a fortune in overseas calls. And what do I get? The India call center and a supervisor I can not even understand. His English was so terrible we ended up exchanging email addresses because we could not understand each other.

After weeks of emails, I sent all the receipts they asked for. And I still have them emailing me that they did not receive any receipts to refund me. By this time I was livid. I sent the same email 3 times attached to the email trail proving I had sent the receipts. I still hear NOTHING. So after 4 days I emailed them asking if they have confirmation of the receipts. Again, I hear nothing for days. My last email told them I was reporting them to the BBB (By the way there are a lot of complaints for Orbitz) and guess what... 2 days later I have my credit. But still I have not heard back from them. They also told me they would compensate me for the price difference but they did not. And that is fine. I will never use them again. I would recommend you not use them either.

• Mi
    Michael Thomas Oct 22, 2007

Count me in as another victim of the "credit card charged and no room booked" Orbitz fiasco. This happened to me last weekend (Oct. 20, '07) in Birmingham, AL. I got to the Redmond Hotel and they had no record of my reservation despite my credit card payment to Orbitz and subsequent confirmation. I had to wait 30 minutes while the mess was cleared up (the hotel clerk finally called Orbitz and got the confirmation that way - despite the Orbitz print out that I presented). Thankfully, the hotel was not sold out or I would have been totally out of a room. My email complaints to Orbitz in the aftermath have yielded the exact same form letter twice (in the same thread!). Traveler beware. Skip Orbitz.

• Gi
    Giselle Roach Feb 19, 2008

I had a terrible experience with Orbitz. They charges my credit card without providing service then told me it will take 3-5 days to resolve. In the meantime I was unable to use my credit card and hence could not travel during my vacation. I was willing to pay at time of booking as specified in their terms provided that confirmation for travel and accommodation were also received. If no confirmation is possible then how can they expect to chrage you. DISGRACEFUL, i cannot understand how this is allowed in th US. i will never use them again and will let everyone in the world know!

Laurie May 15, 2008

When you book a hotel reservation on Orbitz.com a confiramtion was sent to the hotel. I believe orbitz provide system/tool to the hotel so hotel will be able to see all reservations booked with orbitz. Hotel also used this tool to put their inventories and about the hotel.

Resolved terrible customer service!

I purchased a Hotel & Flight pkg. to chicago through Orbitz. After my purchase I wanted to make sure I made it to & from the hotel and airport so I also booked a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $27 and from the hotel to the airport for $27 which was offered under my package when I signed on to my account. When I contacted the shuttle for confirmation on the returning shuttle because of my early morning flight 5:45am I was told orbitz should have never let me book that early of a shuttle for $27 it would be $140.00 and be service for 10 that early in the morning. when I asked at the hotel about the early morning cab to the airport I was told that the early shuttle purchases had been an issue with orbitz for sometime and I needed to get a refund from orbitz! Clearly I had to make other arrangements for a cab which cost me additional $40.00 for return to the airport. When I contacted orbitz for refund which the shuttle company & hotel told me to do, Orbitz gave me the run around first they said I needed to contact the shuttle place for a refund, I said that was not what the shuttle company said, so then I was told it was a non-refundable voucher and now they refuse to return any of my emails, how can something I couldn't possibly use be non-refundable? Now Orbitz headquarters is located right in Chicago and clearly knows how the shuttles run and knew they were just pocketing my money and leaving me stuck at my hotel which I didn't want to happen (reason for purchase). They also misrepresented the hotel I stayed at, I had to purchase internet the gym was only open certain hours the restaurant was under construction and so were other floors of the hotel as well as a bldg behind the hotel. The hotel did take great care of me it was orbitz that failed me this trip.

charge account 5 times, no nsf refund!

Well now lets see... This complaint is a little old because I did not know about this site at that time but I see that some satisfaction comes to those who write a complaint, so here goes. I ordered a flight from Houston to Sitka for a friend of mine and Orbitz charged my checking Mastercard 5 times for the transaction. This transaction put a 2300. overdraft in my checking account. After they investigated they found that indeed it was a computer glitch on their part. I called several times and had to talk to a different person everytime because they cold not put me thru to the same person... Any way after 6 days I was refunded for the price of the 4 extra tickets. This was all fine and good however, with a 2300.00 overdraft in my account for 6 days many other checks were returned. My bank sent them and faxed them information to show the overdraft fees and they amounted to 300.00. I had to finally give this one to the Almighty because I did not want to suffer a stroke. Since then I receive many offers from them and return them telling them I will use their services if they refund my money... The last time I heard anything was last year. If you have to call them get ready to explain over and over and then wait while they research it...

fraud/ lie about a hotel

There was no customer service/ receptionist at the hotel. Hotel marked as 3 stars, but hotel is not even a star (Check out you by renting room 107). You pen the window- there is a huge wall so you can’t see anything!!! (We found a number and a guy name Robert answered- he told me the key to the room in the blue box. When we called orbitz customer service- they tried to contact the hotel and Orbitz could not contact the Hotel either!!! So - me and my girlfriend waited 4 hours outside of the hotel /don’t know what to do!!!! Orbitz suggested rent another hotel -but i have to pay from my pocket!!!! Because --orbitz manager will contact me next day and they cannot do anything about it.
(((Flight + hotel + car package reservation

Orbitz package record locator: KE5BW3

Flight reservation

Orbitz record locator:
AP1101012PHVFNUR )))))

My original vacation package deal is $1215.00.
I had to pay another $446.00 for hotel and we both stayed inside the hotel (Because we both got sick and frustrated) -- Nice vacation by ORBITZ!!!!!

I know – my writing to this company won’t change a thing!!! Orbitz will be doing there business anyway!!!! People like me will suffer from this kind of lie and cheating!!!!!

• Da
    Danny Cruz Sep 20, 2008

I have made a reservation and have not been e mailed to conirm the reservetion.
    my orbitz locator number is AP110101M6Z5WLMG.
    This was for a non-stop flight for September 21, 2008
    depart at 8:30am and arive at San Juan at2;21
    returning October 3, 2008 departingfrom Sanjuan at 3:02pm
    ariving at Chicago 7:17pm.
    please confirm with e-mail to [email protected]

fraud and cheating!

My mother and I booked a vacation package with hotel, tours and transport from and to the hotel in Mexico City. Orbitz charged $90.00 for two people to be picked up at the airport to hotel and vice versa. For $90.00 I expected some privacy, and at least a comfortable ride and dated motor vehicle. Instead, we were packed into a van with three other travelers. The van was a 1999 make. The seats were torn and the seat belts in the back inoperable. The driver was a nice guy, I'm not knocking him, but for $90.00! this is outrageous. What made it worse, was the drive back to the airport. This time, we were picked up in an old Toyota, four seater that was worn. The dash board cloth was split and dirty. The chairs old and worn and we had to put in some of our luggage (we only had four pieces) in the back seat. I took the front seat, like a family member to the driver. My mother in the back. This was totally outrageous. For $90.00 we got a $10.00 ride! I complained to Orbitz, but all they tell me is that they have to contact the vendor to work out the "complaint." I have used Orbitz on many, many occasions, but this is totally unacceptable. I am egging myself to go directly to YouTube and make this into a revolution for accountability. The overcharge is seemingly industry practice. It would have been better to simply trust instinct and take a cab directly from the airport.

Outraged! and OVERCHARGED!

Laurie May 15, 2008

Orbitz don't own that shuttle service and i believe the shuttle service vendor are the one posting their info on orbitz.com

inconvenient website, worthless service!

I have spent over $3,000 this summer on various trips with Orbitz and will NEVER use them again. Aside from there inconvenient website in which you can only book a vacation, hotel reservation, or plan tickets for a maximum of 4 people, there customer service representatives are worthless!

Orbitz's customer service call centers are scattered throughout the world in different countries which should be a good thing, but for Orbitz who does not know how to run a consumer friendly company has turned it into a chaotic mess! They have not only insulted every American who uses their site but every American who's lost a job because the company wanted their profits to be a priority over their customer service. The least they could do is use people (or countries) with some type of universal communication skills! Orbitz agents are not "understandable" and are not able to communicate under any other situation than looking at a computer screen and reading off information that I could have done myself. They are a worthless third party expense that is unnecessary!

The following was my latest (and final) experience with Orbitz customer service:

I had purchased a plan ticket for my daughters friend so that he could fly out to see her then drive her back from Idaho to Iowa from her summer internship. 3 hours prior to his flight leaving, we had found out that his flight was delay 2 hours which meant he would miss his connecting flight in Minnesota. I contacted Orbitz customer service to see if they could get him on a different flight (should be simple!).

The first customer service representative started out by asking a series of questions in order to get the information needed to bring up my account. He then said he'd have to contact the airlines and he was going to put me on hold... 10 minutes later after listing to the same music over and over... I was put back into the call queue and a different representative answered. I then had to start all over by answering the series of questions and of course this person had to put me on hold to contact the airlines. I was then (as before) put back into the call queue when the third representative introduced herself I became very upset. I stated I would not repeat the same information a third time but gave her my name and told her I expected to be connected to the person who had been helping me previously. I told her the situation I just described and she stated that the other Orbitz representative is most likely in another country and she could not reach them! I told her how I felt and that I wanted to speak to her manager. She said that was not possible and she could help me. I stated she could not and "demanded" I speak to someone in charge. She put me on hold and I waited 15 - 20 minutes this time. A woman answered stating she was from a different location and asked me what my Orbitz customer number was. At this point I was not about to repeat the information I had already repeated 4 times!

At this point as you can imagine I was extremely irritated and demanded some compensation. She said she would give me a voucher for $25 on my next Orbitz trip! Like I'm EVER going to use Orbitz again! This was all they could do for me.

It all comes down to Orbitz not being able to service their customers. Not only do they give their customer the "run around" they finalize the situation by insulting the people who pay their wages, the customer! I have to wonder what business they are really in.

In the time I spent on the phone just trying to 'talk' to someone (not even getting answers to my questions) the flight had been delayed a third time and it was too late to get another flight as because by now all the flights from the Des Moines, IA airport were over for the evening!

I have not received any word from Orbitz - no surprise!

credit card charged for hotel & room this consumer never received

Please read on and you will see that I booked and paid for a suite in January 2007 for a trip to Toronto in June 2007. I did not get the hotel nor the room that I paid for. The trip was a total waste and I had to turn around and drive home. When I attempt to get some resolve, Orbitz just keeps giving me the run around and is not communicating with me other than the same automated message to my request for a refund everytime I contact them. Something very fishy is going on with Orbitz. It appears they practice unethical and illegal business practices (i.e., fraud). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. READ ON FOR THE FULL STORY:

(Saturday June 23rd, 2007, Orbitz reply to my request on this date)
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for contacting Orbitz.

With regards to your query, after a guest checks out of a hotel, they
are sent and e-mail from Orbitz asking them to complete a survey on the
hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey.

If have not received a survey, you may revert with your feedback with
regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate
department.

Please note, Orbitz periodically sends out e-mails after a guest checks
out of a hotel asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest

We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lisa
OrbitzTLC
www.Orbitz.com
Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows:

In January 2007 we booked a suite at the Town Inn Suites in Toronto for Friday June 22 for three nights. The suite was to have a king bed, a separate living room area and a full kitchenette. The morning of the 22 I called the Town Inn Suites to further inquire about other amenities such as toasters, and the like as we intended to bring some food with us and take full advantage of the suite. We were never told that there was a problem with the rooms. We were told everything is
fine and "we look forward to seeing you". When we arrived we were told the room was not available due to water damage. They then made arrangements to send us to the Bond Hotel. We were told that it would be same except that the Bond did not have a pool. We accepted. When we
arrived at the Bond we were told that they do not have suites, only rooms with twin beds in them. No kitchen, no king beds, no living room area, nothing. It was late, we were tired and we took the room for one night. The beds were horrible, and the room was very tiny. The offered to give us an upgrade, which turned out to be a room with three small beds, not two!!!

We were lied to as to the compatibility between the two hotels. We had brought food with us since we thought we would have a kitchen area, all that was lost. Our weekend was ruined. We are requesting a full Refund, as we did not receive anything we paid for. We have documentation from both hotels to confirm our situation. The manager at the Town Inn Suites is Mila Campian, she is will aware of how we feel about this.

Colleen Walker Orbitz record locator XC7259.

(Thursday, June 28, 2007, Orbitz reply to my request on this date)

Dear Colleen,
Thank you for contacting Orbitz.

In response to your query, we have already forwarded your hotel complaint to the appropriate department.

Please note that, after you check out of a hotel, you are sent an e-mail from Orbitz (following Thursday) asking you to complete a survey on the hotel. You have 90 days to submit the survey.

We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Gerrard
OrbitzTLC
www.Orbitz.com

Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows:
Dear Lisa -

I have not yet received the survey from Orbitz that you had indicated would come in order to move this matter forward. I need some resolve as this was costly and I was not in anyway provided the room I had ordered and for which was confirmed via Orbitz and the hotel itself that I was to receive. Thus, making this experience/trip a total bust and needing to return home the following morning after suffering one miserable night in that alternative hotel. Please revert to my feedback with regards to the hotel and forward it to the appropriate department. Please confirm they are in receipt of it once it has been done. Should they need to speak with me personally, my home number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention. Sincerely, Colleen Walker

OrbitzTLCService <[protected]@orbitz.com> wrote:

Dear Colleen, Thank you for contacting Orbitz. With regards to your query, after a guest checks out of a hotel, they are sent and e-mail from Orbitz asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey. If have not received a survey, you may
revert with your feedback with regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate department. Please note, Orbitz periodically sends out e-mails after a guest checks out of a hotel asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey. If you do not received a survey, you may revert with your feedback with regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate department. We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Lisa OrbitzTLC www.Orbitz.com Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows: In January

2007 we booked a suite at the Town Inn Suites in Toronto for Friday June 22 for three nights. The suite was to have a king bed, a separate Living room area and a full kitchenette. The morning of the 22 I called the Town Inn Suites to further inquire about other amenities such as toasters, and the like as we intended to bring some food with us and take full advantage of the suite. We were never told that there was a problem with the rooms. We were told everything is fine and "we look
forward to seeing you". When we arrived we were told the room was not available due to water damage. They then made arrangements to send us to the Bond Hotel. We were told that it would be same except that the Bond did not have a pool. We accepted. When we arrived at the Bond we were told that they do not have suites, only rooms with twin beds in them. No kitchen, no king beds, no living room area, nothing. It was late, we were tired and we took the room for one night. The beds were horrible, and the room was very tiny. The offered to give us an upgrade, which
turned out to be a room with three small beds, not two!!! We were lied to as to the compatibility between the two hotels. We had brought food with us since we thought we would have a kitchen area, all that was lost. Our weekend was ruined. We are requesting a full refund, as we did
not receive anything we paid for. We have documentation from both hotels to confirm our situation. The manager at the Town Inn Suites is Mila Campian, she is will aware of how we feel about this. Here, this is the first time we have used Orbitz and most likely the last. Awaiting your reply. Colleen Walker Orbitz record locator XC7259.

Your Hotel Confirmation (Received this confirmation from Orbitz on January 12, 2007)…that I had booked the following suite of which I did not get upon arriving in Toronto).

Hello Colleen,

Thanks for booking on Orbitz. This e-mail confirms your hotel reservation .

Please review the cancellation policy and other details of this reservation in the "My Trips" section on the Orbitz site. If you have any questions, you can e-mail us.

Access your account and trip details online with this temporary password: zdRK3cXYErZA

See sign-in instructions below.
Hotel Information

Check-out date: Mon, Jun 25, 2007
Total number of guests: 2
Total number of rooms: 1 room
Executive King Suite - 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed
Rate description: OrbitzSaver - Buy Now and Save!
Average rate per night: $140.51
Amount charged to your credit card: $488.32
Unless otherwise specified, all costs are provided in US dollars.

Cancellation:
Cancellations or changes more than 1 day prior to 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a $25 charge. Cancellations or changes within 1 day prior to 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a charge equal to room and tax for the first night. Cancellations or changes after 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a 100% charge. We are sorry but refunds are not available for early check-out. The hotel is not authorized to make an exception to this policy.

• Pr
    Pradeep Shrivastava Jun 08, 2012

We represent The Infantry hotel in Bangalore, India We are trying to submit the filled up form for tying up with Orbitz, but it is not getting submitted. Please advice.

Contact person: Pradeep Shrivastava
    email: [email protected]

credit card charged, no hotel room booked!

Re: Orbitz This is Amit Datta. I am very upset and very dis-satisfied/unhappy with your service. As you may...

watch out for scam!

I went to book hotel rooms for a vacation. I marked that I wanted two rooms for two nights and clicked to get...

flight confirmation errors

On December 23, 2006, my husband and I were at the Philadelphia Airport to board our flight from Philadelphia to San Juan for our honeymoon. From San Juan, we were supposed to pick up a connecting flight to Tortola. Then from Tortola we were supposed to pick up our last connecting flight to our final destination, Antigua. When we arrived at the U.S. Airways ticket counter we were told that our seats were not confirmed for the connecting flights therefore they could not let us board our flight to San Juan. I showed them my itinerary from Orbtiz which showed that our flights were confirmed and explained that I even spoke to a customer service representative from Orbitz who told me that the seats were confirmed. The U.S. Airways ticket agent said that Orbtiz never confirmed our seats on the connecting flights which meant that the seats were no longer available. When I asked what to do the ticket agent told me to call Orbitz. We stepped out of line and I immediately called the Orbitz customer service number. The representative could not help me and kept telling me that his computer showed that the flights were confirmed. I responded that the U.S. Airways ticket agent printed us a flight sheet that showed that we were not on the connecting flights. The Orbtiz customer service representative then asked to speak to a ticket agent from U.S. Airways. I walked back to the ticket counter and explained our situation to another agent. She said that they are not allowed to use customer’s cell phones and she said that Orbitz would not be able to help her anyway. I then disconnected my phone call from the Orbitz customer service representative. The U.S. Airways ticket agent was able to arrange for us to fly out the next day, December 24, 2006. She put us on a flight from Philadelphia to San Juan with a connecting flight from San Juan to Antigua. We then checked into the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport since we live over an hour away from the airport and our ride had already left.

Once I returned from our honeymoon, I tried to contact Orbitz on several occasions. I was put on hold for 30 minutes even up to an hour each time I called. On January 15, 2007, I called the Orbitz customer service line and explained the situation to a customer service representative. He told me to call the airlines. I called Liat and Caribbean Sun and representatives from both airlines stated that Orbitz would be responsible for compensation since it was their error.

Due to careless errors made by Orbitz, we lost one night from our honeymoon – a night that we can never make up and our travel experience was ruined. We also lost money from our accommodations in Antigua since we did not arrive on Saturday as expected. Orbitz has not responded to any communication made to them.

chad wayne Jul 28, 2007

I'm a college student from austin texas who when gets a chance loves to travel. This recent spring break '07, I along with a few friends, arranged a RT flight to NY, New York threw Orbitz. The trip was going well, too good to be true. On the third night into our five day stay, ol' mother nature shed some eight inches of snow on the city. It was an odd change of weather 68 degrees by day 25 by night. The unusual storm went as fast as it came. The temperature rose as fast as it fell and then rose and fell again. If you come from austin texas you are familiar with this, flip-flop weather, it doesn't snow that often and is short lived if it does. It snowed all night melted into slush the next day than refroze over night, making roads the next morning very unsafe. The snow storm also put a freeze on all flights in the NY area due to, well you know. We didn't take the delay so hard and made the most of our extra time. One day was lost rescheduling new flights and finding a place to stay. We all wanted to get back home by saturday to get ready for school, instead studies will wait until tuesday. But what kid is in a hurry to get back to school. Orbitz arranged for us to depart 6am tuesday out of Queens. 60 dollars less to my name for the cabby we arrive an hour 15 early at Queens airport. Waited forever in line to be informed by the lady behind the counter that we didn't have any reservation. I 'm not Indian but by the e-mail conformation print out i indeed had a reservation. I'm apathetically told sorry, step aside call orbitz and see went wrong. I also don't have out of state phone service costing me a dollar a minute to use my cell phone. On average the wait for orbitz to take your call was about 30 minutes than another 15 or so to process your reservation. After the 30 dollar wait they tell me they goofed and after another 30 dollars of waiting they "have book" me on the next available flight which so happens to be out of New Jersy 14 hours later. I'm feeling sick for home and never a happy person after I'm told to get along for 14 hours and find a way to New Jersey at 7am if I want to get home. Orbitz make royal error, pay cabby 90 dollars and go straight to Jersey. I had to much fun to let this get to me. Took it as a chance to get some more awesome NY food. 60 to queens, 150 talk time, 90 to jersey, 300 dollars I'm down for the orbitz detour. 14 hours later I get to jersey and dejavu with the counter clerk. Orbitz almost got it right this time they reserved me a seat but forgot to clear the airline charges. The airline gave me the same lack of concern I got in queens told me to step aside and call orbitz. 45 minutes of waiting to fix the problem remember 45 min. equals 45 dollars. orbitz continues to undo my good mood from the vacation. 45 minutes is cutting it close to take off. I'm worried and they still can't resolve the error. 5 minutes before take off 55 dollars donated to my phone company they give me the ticket. I have contacted orbitz for compensation and the best they could do was a 100 coupon/ voucher for my business. That covers my taxi ride to jersey. 400 dollar less in my pocket thanks to orbitz!!!

• Hp
    HppyHrss Mar 10, 2014

We booked with Orbitz two months before our trip and had a copy of the schedule which Orbitz sent us. When we got into Honolulu to catch a connecting flight to the big island we were told that we did not have a reservation. Luckily, United Airlines booked us on the next flight out but we had to wait several hours to catch that flight. No explanation from Orbitz. Very upsetting experience.

• Or
    Orbitz Mar 27, 2014

Hi, HppyHrss,

This is Robert, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations team. We want to learn more about your experience
    so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [email protected] Please use my name in the subject line, so
    that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Woyach
    Orbitz Customer Relations

• Co
    Coelho Mar 31, 2014

No sense of integrity felt by me while dealing with this provider. Single room publicized on the web site but when went for it got the wrong one, far away from the one in the image. Customer service could not do anything but keep telling sorry. Meanwhile booked with a wholly different site known as theholidayhotels.com Since then making all of my booking with them. They have a network of less costly but quality resorts which sometimes could not be found on site like Orbitz. Orbitz ought to be following their path of work.

horrifying service, dishonesty, scams

I have been using Oribtz for many years and I used to love their service even when I ran into problem. But...

air reservations problem

In July, I ordered airfare tickets for Guangzhou, China via LA from Orbitz.com. The departure date was Sept 21. On Sept, 19th I received an email from Orbitz talking about my upcoming trip. When I noticed that the exact times for the first leg of my flight had changed, I checked and verified that the times for the overseas leg had not changed. However, I did not notice that the DATE had changed and I did not find this out until I got to the airport to check in for the first leg of my flight. In a 3 way conversation between Orbitz and the airline that had made the change, China Southern, I found out that China Southern had canceled their flights on the day for which my orignal reservation had been made and had pushed back my departure date by an entire day. However, since they did not have my contact information, all they could do was notify Orbitz.

My complaint is that nowhere in the email that Orbitz had sent me did they specifically advise me that the date had changed. The email offered all sorts of useless tips in large fonts, but my actual flight info was buried in the email in a small font and like I said, there was no indication in any way that anything had been changed. I needed to arrive on the original date, but Orbitz refused to to re-book me on another airline at their expense. Fortunately, China Southern eventually offered to re-book me. All I can say about Orbitz is BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ei
    EileenR Jan 19, 2007

Having flown to china a number of times I agree that this poster really should have had more help from Orbitz but I know that Orbitz stinks and is the worst travel service.

The poster was lucky that China Southern offered to help.

• St
    Stephanie Snavely Apr 11, 2007

On December 23, 2006, my husband and I were at the Philadelphia Airport to board our flight from Philadelphia to San Juan for our honeymoon. From San Juan, we were supposed to pick up a connecting flight to Tortola. Then from Tortola we were supposed to pick up our last connecting flight to our final destination, Antigua. When we arrived at the U.S. Airways ticket counter we were told that our seats were not confirmed for the connecting flights therefore they could not let us board our flight to San Juan. I showed them my itinerary from Orbitz which showed that our flights were confirmed and explained that I even spoke to a customer service representative from Orbitz who told me that the seats were confirmed. The U.S. Airways ticket agent said that Orbtiz never confirmed our seats on the connecting flights which meant that the seats were no longer available. When I asked what to do the ticket agent told me to call Orbitz. We stepped out of line and I immediately called the Orbitz customer service number. The representative could not help me and kept telling me that his computer showed that the flights were confirmed. I responded that the U.S. Airways ticket agent printed us a flight sheet that showed that we were not on the connecting flights. The Orbtiz customer service representative then asked to speak to a ticket agent from U.S. Airways. I walked back to the ticket counter and explained our situation to another agent. She said that they are not allowed to use customer’s cell phones and she said that Orbitz would not be able to help her anyway. I then disconnected my phone call from the Orbitz customer service representative. The U.S. Airways ticket agent was able to arrange for us to fly out the next day, December 24, 2006. She put us on a flight from Philadelphia to San Juan with a connecting flight from San Juan to Antigua. We then checked into the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport since we live over an hour away from the airport and our ride had already left.

• Je
    Jen Jun 03, 2008

My husband and I had the exact same experience happen to us on our recent honeymoon. We had booked tickets through Orbitz a year ago from DC to Barcelona. A few months before our departure, we got an email from Orbitz saying our itinerary had changed...not just a couple of hours, but two DAYS later. We called customer service and after half a dozen calls back and forth between Iberia and Orbitz, they booked us on an acceptable itinerary. On the day we were to leave on our honeymoon, we arrived at the airport only to be told by the American Eagles Airlines (code share) ticket counter representative that "we had a reservation but not tickets" for our flight. She said to call Orbitz because they had made a mistake.

I was on the phone with Orbitz for 2 hours during which time we missed our flight and my cell phone battery died. I spoke to 4 people including one supervisor, and one of the representatives even did a 3 way call with an Iberia representative. They were never able to resolve the issue and book our tickets. They were totally unapologetic, even suggesting numerous times that they had done nothing wrong despite the fact that we are literally standing in the airport having missed our flight because we couldn't get our tickets. After we had missed the flight, we had to buy new tickets on a different airline at 3 times the price we had paid for the Orbitz tickets. What a way to start our honeymoon!

Now that we are home after the honeymoon, we filed a dispute with our bank to fight the Orbitz charges. While we are waiting for the bank to file the dispute, I will also send some letters to Orbitz requesting a refund. What a nightmare...

• Ba
    barbara harris Oct 17, 2008

I am sorry the person had that problem.However, I may be in the same boat if things don't change. I did change my departure dates and did also had to pay a steep price for doing so. Yet I have not received my confirmation by e-mail as of this day (I changed the day by phone at Orbitz customer service center) I don't have anything in writing to take to the airport to prove my right and my husband's right to board the plane. What is the problem? The service personnel assured me she
    was e-mailing me my voucher. Not yet have I received it. They have charged my Visa card for the trip. I made this transaction on Monday, today is Friday.? What is the problem here?