Orbitz / No customer service

I booked a trip to Las Vegas at the Luxor hotel. I was charged $150.00 a night for a Pyramid Deluxe room. I found out that the regular hotel rate is $129.00 a night. The Pyramid room was not inhabitable. It had mold growing, wall paper peeling, and a stench that could not be killed.

I was on a non-smoking floor, but there were ashtrays in the hallway. I took pictures to confirm everything I am saying here. I called Orbitz customer care and all they said was that I should have read the disclaimer. Orbitz was completely unwilling to do anything to make this right! DO NOT BOOK WITH ORBITZ! You'll get a better rate booking directly through the hotel.

Mi

Comments

• Tw
      26th of Jan, 2010

WOW, Orbitz has taken a great business model and turned it into trash with fraud and the worst customer no-service on the planet. My story begins with a vacation package booked in Cabo at "an etirely smoke-free property" which was also confirmed by an email which said "This property is entirely smoke-free". Upon arrival (by my daughter and friend) it turned out to be a full out smoking hotel, and the room already had ashtrays full out butts to get started upon arrival! The entire hotel smelled like those glass lounges at the airport. So after talking with 4 Orbitz people and "Edward" the top supervisor, the solution was to wait to see if the hotel could find them a less smelly room.While Edward did not admit to any mistakes or offer any credit/help he did say that any false info in the website is solely the hotel's fault as Orbitz has nothing to do with the posting!!! I could recite even more insane Orbitz statements but suffice it to say they have lost me for life as a former loyal customer and I will spread the word.