Olive Garden / overall service

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

A good friend and myself met for lunch at the Olive Garden on Sawmill Road, #7160 at 1129 Sawmill Rd, Columbus, Ohio on 11/4/2015 at approximately 12:40pm. I walked in the Olive Garden and advised the young lady at counter that I was waiting for another person and let her know she may be already there. I mentioned her name was Denise Wood [but I did not know she had reserved the table under her nickname, 'Dee'. A couple of minutes later, I mentioned that she may be already there and she was... at a back table. I proceeded back and our waitress came to table and asked first, 'What would you like to drink'? I ordered a Brandy Alexander and advised the waitress that I would like it made with vanilla ice cream, NOT ICE, blended with the brandy. Mireya G was out waitress and went to check with the bar to see if they could make it the way I requested. She brought out my drink, which was blended with ICE and brandy and not as I requested. Well, that started the lunch service to go downhill from there. The bar remade a second one and it was in a different glass shape, but basically made the same way. I was really upset now, but keep as cool as I could. THIS IS MY FAVORITE DRINK AND I LIKE IT MADE THE WAY I LIKE IT...VANILLA ICE CREAM MIXED WITH BRANDY IN A BLENDER. She did not apologize, acknowledged my friend with eye contact several times on her needs for a refill Coke drink and what she wanted for lunch and acted as though I was not sitting at the same table with lunch needs. When we were about to leave she asked my friend if she wanted her to box her meal and did not ask me. I gave her my plate of mussels that were left for her to box them for me. She reluctantly and unapologetically boxed my mussels, did not seem to really feel it, but did box the mussels that were on my dinner plate. Mireya G does not have customer service skills -- no smile, no apologize, no over and above service. BUT I DID LEAVE HER A TIP, BECAUSE I TRY TO TREAT ALL PEOPLE THE WAY I LIKE TO BE TREATED, WITH RESPECT. I am a minister of the gospel for ten years, soon to be ordained a pastor. I was humiliated in my service at the Olive Garden and will NEVER go back there and will pass by it if someone asked me to go there and tell them my experience. My money spends like everybody elses and I do have feeling. I WOULD APPRECIATE A RESPONSE AND REPLY TO THIS COMPLAINT. I have been in customer service positions for 10+ years, at Verizon Wiress for 5 years and took care of the customer first to make them happy and resolve their wireless needs and issues with professionalim, kindness and respect.

Ma
Nov 5, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      5th of Nov, 2016

The waitress did not make your drinks and can only served what the bartender gave her and can only hope that it was correct. If you were so upset at not being able to drink your alcohol to your exact specifications, why did you not ask for a manager? Perhaps she did not give you the eye contact you mentioned because she could sense your hostility? Also, maybe she did not ask if you wanted your mussels boxed because you had so little, she assumed as a reasonable person would, that you wouldn't want that tiny bit boxed. Do people even eat leftover mussels? I don't know, I wasn't there. I do know that had you not been present and someone were to ask your friend how the service was, I am betting they would say the service was good.

• Wi
      5th of Nov, 2016

If you wanted your drink made different than normal, then you should have spoken to the bartender. The bartender is the one who makes the drinks not your waitress. You seem like an unreasonable ### who should only eat at home from now on.