Olive Gardencold food, management

G Review updated:

Valentines Day nightmare. I ordered a steak and my wife ordered the kabobs. Both were to be cooked medium. When the food arrived the waiter carefully removed hers from the skewers, asked us to try our food and asked how they were. We both cut into them and they were both medium. My wife however noticed that hers was warm on the surface, but cold in the middle, like it had been sitting under a lamp for some time. The waiter apologized, took the plate back and said he would take care of it. When he returned, 15 minutes later, he cautioned that the plate was very hot. We noticed right away that the kabobs weren't on a skewer and only contained about half an order. When she cut into a piece of meat, it was hot allright, but it was also cooked well and had no juice left. The kitchen had either put it back on the grill or microwaved the heck out of it.

We had now been sitting at the table for over an hour and neither of us were interested in waiting any longer. We called the manager and told him we wanted our bill. We had never seen him there before and he just stared at the plates. He then said that he would have her kabobs re-made. My wife replied thanks anyway, but "my husbands dinner is now cold and this whole dinner experience is pretty much ruined. He finally said "just a minute". He left and returned, apologized and said that he had taken care of our bill. That was the end of it. He did nothing to entice us to return to his store and we will never go back. This is a real shame, because we live in the area and used to eat there a couple of times a month.

The first problem which was a cold meal was made even worse by the second problem, which was a manager that didn't have the first clue about customer retention.

Newnan lost a TGI Fridays last year due to lack of customers. Watch out

• Updated by DanniWayni · Jan 13, 2018

The shrimp and restaurant was dirty

• Updated by DanniWayni · Jan 13, 2018

The shrimp was over cooked and floor dirty

• Updated by Terri · Dec 02, 2019

They ran out of traditional smooth sauce available they gave me pizza sauce/ tomatoes paste from gfs market according to the manager I have severe heartburn now not a good experience

• Te
    Terri Dec 08, 2019

They ran out of traditional smoith sauce they gave me tomatoes paste/pizza sauce instead from gfs market it was terrible I have severe hearty burn now

• To
    Tony Rego Oct 19, 2019

This location is close to sports cents, young adults, wait staff relie on tips they should be able no it should be mandatory to add 18% tip on parties of 8 or more or reserve the right too. Ridiculous and why turn around is very high !!!

• Do
    Donald Markowitz Sep 21, 2019

I ate at olive garden last night, and really did not taste my meal because i ate a lot of salad so took my meal home. I tasted it when i got home and too be honest it tasted so Salty i could not eat. When you spend over 20 dollars on just one meal thios should not happen My Name is Don Markowitz, Live at 128 Shadalane Walk Apt D Ballwin Mo 63011.

• Cr
    crystal carter Jul 27, 2019

I had to wait ten minutes just to be checked in while the manager sat on his [censored] and act like there wasnt people waiting to be checked in he has no customer service skills what so ever

• Cr
    Crystal1331 May 05, 2019

My husband, daughter, & I went to the Olive Garden for dinner last night 4/26/19 in Centereach Ny. This is a normal for our family being that we love the Olive Garden and this location. After leaving we all started having an upset stomach. Now it's day two of all 3 of us with bad stomach ache and vomiting. It was definitely bad food.

jodijackson Apr 02, 2019

we ordered a chicken parm and five cheese ziti with salads extra olive and dressing
    the chick parm was not properly prepared and the ziti had hair in it. we called and complained but no remedy was concluded. We work hard for our money and when choosing to spend it we expect good service and food worth spending it on.

• Da
    Daveak Dec 11, 2018

Food was not hot, sent back twice, still not very hot. Manager took back on third time. Manager removed item from bill, but did not get menu so we could reorder food. He just walked off. Bread was hot but a little hard, server got a new basket on bread.
    Server was very good, and very attentive.

Paul Doetsch Nov 19, 2018

My wife and I eat at the Happy Valley location in Phoenix Az. Only complaint is taste of food sauce didn't have hardly any seasoning. 12-26-2015

Susan Word Nov 13, 2018

You are an Italian restaurant.
    You have Chicken Caesar Salad on the menu.

But you don't serve Caesar Salad

That's not only nuts but says to me "we make our salads ahead of time" "they are not fresh"

This is just WRONG

• Sh
    Shreya Vaje Nov 13, 2018

Your place here in new york times square just sucks. They thing i am a beggar waiting for their free salad and breadsticks. They upfrontly told me and my friends that i need to order entree or i wont get the free salad. I mean wtf was that? They didnt know how to talk to their customers. The lady manager is a big time idiot.

• Jt
    JT Quinter Nov 13, 2018

Look at their pattern of firing older workers and replacing with younger. Look at all of the Age and Race lawsuits they've had at Darden Restaurants !!!

SarahG3 Nov 12, 2018

My husband and I ate at the one in canton ohio on January 10, 2017. 3-4 hours later we both have fever, severe diarrhea, and severe vomiting. I will be contacting the local health department. This has happened multiple times at this location to people I know.

• Du
    Duble SS Nov 12, 2018

It was so cold in the restaurant everyone was shivering. I asked the manager to turn the air up because everyone was wearing a coat. He said ok and never did.

• Jc
    Jcruz12 Nov 12, 2018

Waitress was very rude the entire time and when we asked for our second serving we received half a serving

• Er
    Eryana Sangel Nov 11, 2018

Husband and I walk into a full Olive Garden, as normal we asked for the wait and told him a name, the server behind the desks asks my husband if he wants a high chair. (He's 20 years old and we obviously don't have kids.) meant it as a lighthearted joke but rude and degrading.

• Br
    Brianna rose Nov 04, 2018

He always give customers bad looks like we did something wrong i am just not comfortable with him there always giving people bad looks

• Sh
    Shanej Oct 23, 2018

Came to enjoy stuffed mushrooms. Sold out

• Ki
    Kirsgag Oct 23, 2018

Food was great but the service wasn't. Our waitress didn't come back once to check on us. We had to find her to ask for more salad which she brought without salad dressing. While waiting for our check she finally comes back and asks if we want bread sticks. Horrible experience which resulted in no tip.

• Ne
    Neal Nevells Oct 22, 2018

On June 19th 2017, I went to the Olive Garden in Holly Springs to get food only to find out that they didn't have any tomatoes for their salads. Also, when I got the food, it was cold.

Susan Hodges Oct 21, 2018

I have explained this now four times! Just call me n I will explain it. Got no responses each time...manager did give us $20 gift card which truthfully is an insult. Our meal was more than that...I did not check amount before we left or I would not agreed with that at all! Call me [protected] Susan hodges

• Ka
    KatieNash Oct 21, 2018

We came in to the restaurant and all the hosted acted like busy did not say welcome or how many... we sat there and waited, we thought maybe they are really busy during lunch ... then another couple came in, they look up and ask how many... I do not like the way those hosted treat us...

• Re
    Red1972 Oct 21, 2018

The air vents we were sitting next to are disgusting. There is a bad odor too.

Comments

• Ep
    EPLSoccer Oct 02, 2018

It's not a complaint, I really enjoyed it, I was there on Sept 21 2018, with my Fiance for, and our servicer told us that Olive Garden isn't going to be making that dish anymore, please don't take it away, Keep it, Thank You Donna Morris

• St
    Stephanie Ann Sep 19, 2018

The pasta served was untasty as the sauce didn't meet standards of other olive gardens. The chicken was dry and was overall disappointed with the food.

Patrick8177 Sep 19, 2018

For how much everything cost to eat here your salads are dry. Not enough salad dressing for each salad. Would like to see more salad dressing for each salad

• Gi
    Gindy Sep 19, 2018

Me and my family came for a good dinner and it was awful first off young kids just hanging out in front of resteraunt on phones being loud food was nasty and when I went to the bathroom it was just as nasty as the food very unsatisfied with the service and food corporate needs to address the situation

• Al
    Aliyah P Sep 18, 2018

Went to orange, CT location 9/12/18 around 7:00pm with my family and I ordered soup & salad. When I received my soup it had a roach in it. Went in the front to get a manager all he had to say was "I'll get it of the table for you" no apology or anything. That's highly disgusting and the way the manager was so calm i can tell it happens often

• Ba
    Bao TranQuoc Sep 18, 2018

Hi My name is Christopher Tran. I order the Pasta Pass Card order#24450. I was declined by credit card and was told to update. And after update it shows "Please fix and verify field mark in red". I didn't see any field mark in red.

Also Janice order number #12531 similar situation.

my contact number [protected]

Summer harris Sep 18, 2018

I have sent yall 3 complaints and no one has answered me at all ans iam not happy i want my money back or put it back on my gift card i had an Egift card of 60.00 and i used it for the dinner we had a while.ago and now yall will not give it back cause we had poor service and bad food sorry i am upset over all this

• Br
    Bryan Luke Sep 18, 2018

I waited 3hrs looking into my pc and has soon has it hit 2pm i click fast and still didnt win very disapointed if u click it fast you shouldnt wait in the waitinf room like come on guys not fair

• Un
    Unhappy365 Sep 18, 2018

Ordered soup/salad, chicken parm meal and chicken/shrimp pasta. Soup had no knocci in it. And the chicken parm was really crispy over done. Pasta barely any sauce or flavor. Which everything is always yummy. Pretty disappointed with the food this visit.

• Le
    leonardo cabrera Sep 18, 2018

During dinner at Olive Garden in cutler bay, Miami Fl on Sunday 08/ 28/17. One of the servers named kristaly approach my table said hello and started conversation that interrupted and ruined our meal. She was not even our waiter our waiter name was Luis.

• Pu
    Purchase Sep 11, 2018

There need to be an Olive Garden on Hilton head south Carolina and one I sun city also thank you asap !!!

Panthers77 Sep 10, 2018

Ordered three choice apitizer. One of them was calamari. It not only had 6 calamari but the breading was not golden brown because it was microwaved and disgusting. I can’t believe Olive Garden would want their name associated with that.

Comments

• Mb
    mbike2003 Sep 03, 2018

8/28/2018
    Shawn Foster
    Worked the buy one take one with add chicken
    No chicken was in the bag and had to drive back to the store to get it.
    When called the togo person laughed and said add chicken.
    Had to drive 20 min back to get dinner. wasted 40 mins of the evening.

Didn't want to go here but had a gift card. Will never go back

• Ba
    Bad service!! Sep 01, 2018

We waited forever for our food. The soup was cold. We never got our breadsticks, waited forever for refills on the water. Just overall bad service. The waitress made us wait for refills on our soup and salad. She told us she had other customers waiting for their soup. We will not be returning.

• Sy
    Syrethia Sep 01, 2018

I had a to go order on saturday december 9 2017, I ordered fettucine alfredo sauce and two boats of alfredo sauce, but when i got it home it didnt taste the same as when i usually order it and I would like my refund

• Da
    DanniWayni Sep 01, 2018

The shrimp was over cooked, and the floor was dirty, also lettuce wasn't fresh, the wine was excellent I may say though but shrimp overly cooked, I was very embarrassed taken my mother there, I asked about the cleanileness the waiter was rude and act as though I shouldn't say anything

• Me
    Meagan Moore Aug 29, 2018

Thanks to olive garden my 16th Birthday is ruined. Since when do you stop taking reservations and why do you hire people who don't communicate with their workers to find out what's going on. Thanks for running my 16th Birthday. I don't think I'll be back..

• Or
    Orlando Alvarez Aug 28, 2018

Restaurant #7102002 host Chris very unprofessional restaurant empty made me wait to be seated. Charnellis is a disaster. Salad had little amount of dressing but she came with more. She was slow. She never offered mor beverage. No Parmesan for the pasta. My wife and I had to eat from the same plate because she forgot to bring the other plate.