Ocwen Mortgage Company / terrible experience!

Tallahassee, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased, what I believed to be a 2 million dollar accidental life insurance policy from ocwen. When I contacted ocwen to ask them about the policy they told me, that it was not for 2 million dollars that it was simply the name they had given to the policy. They said the name was 2 million. And that the actual policy was not worth 2 million and it was a whole life policy so I canceled the policy.

They (Ocwen) always call me at home to offer some new up date to the mortgage like for home repairs, insurance, mortgage life etc. They call at least once per week even though I have told them that I am not interested in increasing my monthly mortgage payment! I do not know if they actually sent my payments for the life insurance payments to the under writer for the insurance coverage that I supposedly had purchased over 1 year ago.
Va

Comments

Gr
  21st of Oct, 2008
I can totally relate to everything this person is saying. I found that my insurance policy was not paid by Ocwen. This may lead to them setting a different policy on me, that could be triple the amount.

Ocwen is a very very shady company. I have read 2 complaints about Ocwen, I agree with both of them. It is the same exact thing they are doing to me.

I asked for Ocwen to escrow my taxes and insurance into my mortgage, I was told no!

I asked Ocwen to fix my variable rate, they agreed however when times got tough and I asked for some kind of help me with my mortgage, I was denied because they say it was already modified.

This company needs to be the next corporation before the grand jury, there is some serious corruption going on here.

Also I do get the phone calls offering me these ridiculous things. Wouldnt this fall under the "Donotcall.gov" guidelines. I am selling my home now, just to get away from these people.

I hope others read this, maybe they can avoid it and use an honest company!
Da
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I agree totally on everyone's comments. When I call Ocwen I can barely understand them, and I have been waiting for 2 months for them to modify our loan. I was even told once that it was left on someones desk and the paper work was never submitted to the underwriters. I have tried to talk to a supervisor but they are always busy with other clients and claim they will call back. YA RIGHT! This company is very shady, and if my husband and I could get out from under them we would in a heart beat. STAY AWAY from them.

Ocwen Financial Corporation Logo Ocwen Financial Corporation