Norton / uploading of norton security deluxe subscription
Purchased norton security deluxe subscription card 26 may 18 as my subscription was to run out on 28 may 18. I proceeded to download & install as directed but code was not accepted so phoned 08081891055 as directed. The lady spoke good english but she couldn't download it either. She asked if I got my laptop "cleansed" every three months & when I said no she said that was the problem & would get a senior technician to contact me. The senior technician phoned shortly afterwards & remotely began to assess my laptop. His english was fairly good but the background noise made hearing him very difficult & I told him so but it didn't improve.
He said I had a number of "strange ip addresses" & told me to log onto asknet.com & again remotely accessed my laptop. This went on for approx 3 hours & 4 phone calls.
On the last phone call at just after 10 p.M. He said I needed better protection & I needed to pay £179.94. By now I felt I had a major problem & so agreed (stupid I know) but I have always used norton so paid up. It wasn't until the 30th when I received an invoice from device support & my bank statement showed this was paid to eureka online shop that I realized this was not norton.
The invoice which looks more like an insurance policy stated I could cancel it so I did but to date no money has been refunded.
I tried to send queries via feedback but none got through as either 1) too long 2) box too full.
I have been left wondering why a norton technician used another company.
Updated by NormsD, Jun 26, 2018
I'm pleased to report I eventually managed to contact Norton & the two guys, Sagar & Mohit were very helpful. I contacted my bank & Direct Support (who have nothing to do with Norton) & my money was returned.
What I have learnt is Norton work by using a Chat box & not the phone line I was directed to. I have left that up to Norton to work out why I was directed to it in the first place.
All things considered I think I've been lucky & will be more aware next time
More Norton Complaints & Reviews
- Norton Annual Renewal - fraud and scam 
- Norton Annual Renewal 442076165600 Gb - unauthorized payment 
- Norton Corporation - iyogi.net support full of fraud 
- Norton Law Group - mortgage scammed 
- Norton Annual Renewal - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal 
- Norton - norton security 
- Norton Security Standard - norton's (antivirus) incompatability with 'windows live mail' 
- Norton - unauthorised payment and abusive customer service man 
- Norton Security - unauthorised payments 
- Symantec.com - norton antivirus