Norton / uploading of norton security deluxe subscription

1 Craigavon, Northern Ireland, County Armagh, United Kingdom Review updated:

Purchased norton security deluxe subscription card 26 may 18 as my subscription was to run out on 28 may 18. I proceeded to download & install as directed but code was not accepted so phoned 08081891055 as directed. The lady spoke good english but she couldn't download it either. She asked if I got my laptop "cleansed" every three months & when I said no she said that was the problem & would get a senior technician to contact me. The senior technician phoned shortly afterwards & remotely began to assess my laptop. His english was fairly good but the background noise made hearing him very difficult & I told him so but it didn't improve.
He said I had a number of "strange ip addresses" & told me to log onto asknet.com & again remotely accessed my laptop. This went on for approx 3 hours & 4 phone calls.
On the last phone call at just after 10 p.M. He said I needed better protection & I needed to pay £179.94. By now I felt I had a major problem & so agreed (stupid I know) but I have always used norton so paid up. It wasn't until the 30th when I received an invoice from device support & my bank statement showed this was paid to eureka online shop that I realized this was not norton.
The invoice which looks more like an insurance policy stated I could cancel it so I did but to date no money has been refunded.
I tried to send queries via feedback but none got through as either 1) too long 2) box too full.
I have been left wondering why a norton technician used another company.

• Updated by NormsD, Jun 26, 2018

I'm pleased to report I eventually managed to contact Norton & the two guys, Sagar & Mohit were very helpful. I contacted my bank & Direct Support (who have nothing to do with Norton) & my money was returned.
    What I have learnt is Norton work by using a Chat box & not the phone line I was directed to. I have left that up to Norton to work out why I was directed to it in the first place.
    All things considered I think I've been lucky & will be more aware next time

Jun 11, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      11th of Jun, 2018

at the bottom of the program is renew think also in settings as well
    put in code thing should be good to go
    wondering if you actually got Norton or some other place claiming to be them
    they would not ask about "cleansing" whatever that is ( take to shower and scrub? rinse off? really???)
    all else fails go to Symantec site and contact us at bottom and use there chat option
    as for these charges I think you will need to contact your bank and dispute the charges they made

13th of Jun, 2018

Sorry about the misunderstanding. We have no relation to this third party support. They might claim that they are from Norton, but it is not true and the number you posted is not our customer service number. If you still need any help with your Norton, you can get in touch with our phone/chat support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. I also suggest that you call up your bank and talk about the charge that you paid. You might have an option to dispute it. Do let me know if you need any help with your Norton.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• 9w
      13th of Jun, 2018

@NortonSupport who can I contact above level 2 for complaint on techs not doing there job?

29th of Jun, 2018

@NortonSupport Hi Raj, I'm glad to say I've been in contact with 2 Norton guys, Sagar & Mohit using the Chat box (pity I didn't know about that earlier) so laptop checked & ok. Also contacted my bank & Direct support & money returned.
    I only followed the instructions so maybe Norton needs to look at why their download card sent me off there in the first place.