Having problems with Norton?

Norton reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review Poor Customer Technical Assistance was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint refund of annual subscription was resolved on Apr 10, 2020. Norton has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 329 reviews. Norton has resolved 219 complaints.

Norton Customer Service Contacts

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norton Customer Service. Initial Norton complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norton above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norton. Discuss the issues you have had with Norton and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Norton Complaints & Reviews

Norton Antivirus 360 For 3pccharged payment without product

I am surprised that this type of fraud is common with Norton, i bought a computer with 100days free Norton antivirus which expired about 3days ago, i was asked to renew the subscription which i tried to do but my visa card was rejected after several trials. But today i was told that my card was charged $59.99 for product i did not succeed in perfecting. No receipt, no product key to download but was charged for nothing. This is a serious thing which is called daylight robbery. Pls help me to contact Norton to refund my money or to check this order and email me the product key to download. My card was charged for the order on the 5th of May, 2011. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com. if they can check their orders, they will see who they are robbing. I will not have a good word ever for Norton if the product is not renewed or refund my money.

Norton 360renewed without approval from me

I dont want and didnt ask for Norton to be renewed, please refund full cost to me immediately and dont use my account or my wifes fredit card without my explicit and active approval each time i decide to do a transaction. Otherwise I will be calling the Garda fraud squad.
    Michael Griffin
    my email is: [protected]@hotmail.com

• Fd
        FDL_HOU Mar 12, 2011

Sorry Charlie, there is a little known secret when you accept their terms and condition of their agreement with you. You know the one, the one you didn't pay any attention. Practically ALL virus removal software companies will hide in that agreemnt, that you click that you agree to, that puts you on auto-renewal.

Norton Annual Renewal 044 - 2126262belastung 24.1.11 chf 80. —

Uns wurde am 24.1.2010 CHF 80.-- in Abzug gebracht und ich Frage mich für was?

Heinz Binggeli, Rüselmattstrasse 4, 3296 Arch

Gerne höre ich diesbezüglich wieder von Ihnen. besten Dank

• Th
          Thierry Suard Mar 25, 2011

Sehr Geehrte Damen und Herren,

Auf meiner Visa Kreditkarte wurde am 16.02.2011 CHF 49.99 in Abzug gebracht und ich Frage mich für was?

Thierry Suard, Hoehenstrasse West 37, 4600 Olten, [email protected]

Gerne höre ich diesbezüglich wieder von Ihnen. besten Dank

Fry's & Norton (Symantec)salesperson lied and no customer service

Salesman either lied about Norton "Ghost" or does not know the details of the product. It will not do the one function I wanted it to do for me.

When I wrote to Fry's customer service I did not even get a response. So much for the customer service also. I will NEVER buy another Norton (Symantec) product. Especially from Fry's.

Symantecnorton blew up my flat-panel monitor

In October 2010, I purchased Norton Internet Security 2011 and installed and registered it. A few days later, it threw a message that it was expired and needed to be updated. I rebooted my computer and it worked -- life was good. Then a few more days and it once again said it was expired. On October 25, 2010, I went to Norton.com/support and found this scenario in the FAQs, indicating that it was a known problem.

At this point, I entered a chat with a support specialist (name and case number available upon request). I spent more than five hours in a chat with him, during which time he repeatedly crashed my computer. The last time, the monitor did not come up, apparently having damaged by the repeated power surges from the crashes. I hooked up a generic monitor and saw the tech's final message that "since you are not replying, I assume your problem is solved". Sorry -- no. I then called [protected] and got a tech who fixed it in about 10 minutes. I told him that they had blown up my monitor, but he neither admitted nor denied it. A few days later, I received an email from Symantec asking me to critique their "customer service". I wrote exactly what had happened, and got not so much as an apology. I wonder how many more computers or monitors this have been damaged by this defective program.

By the way, I saw an ad in yesterday's paper for "NEW Norton Internet Security 2011". Does this mean they fixed it?

Norton Lambrianos Attorneys — they are the worst of the worst

Today I received a call from an ***** asking me when I am going to make payment again. I mentioned the fact...

Norton — norton annual renewal

1 year ago I responded to a notification that my Norton anti-virus protection was out of date by renewing it...

Norton 360tm Version 4. 0 Premier Editionorder # np19065667

Placed order np19065667
            On 1/11/11 order confirimed had it downloaded, and it said it was deliveried, but today a message came up on screen saying, I had only six days till my service would be droped. please cancel the above order and the charges to my credit card.
            H. wynn pletcher
            [protected]

Norton Annual Renewal Norton.com CAbilling my cridet card without letting me know

the norton annual renewal norton.com ca bill my cridet card without letting me know my name is johnny cruz and my E-mail is [protected]@guam.net

Norton360poor customer service

I've been a customer of Norton for 2 years and never had a problem untill today. I called the customer support number and asked for help. The woman on the other end of the line was from another contry and i could baerly understand her, I told her my problem and she said that they could fix it when I pay $99.00 more. When I told her that I already paid for their sevice she again said that if I wanted help I'll need to pay $99.00 So I hung up, She called me back and told me that I was rude and hung up on me. So I called and asked to speak to someone in charge and a man by the name of Mike got on the phone and asked what my problem was and when i told him he asked is that all i wanted and hung up... I will never deal with them again and will look for a better protection for my computer... DO NOT BUY ANT NORTON PRODUCT.

• Mr
                    Mr. Bob L. Dec 28, 2010

I have had Norton360 for 2 yrs. now. Last month I got a adware that norton360 didnt stop from getting in to my computer, so I called Norton and not only did I get someone that I couldnt understand and after repeating myself 20 times, this lady told me they could fix it but I would need to pay $100.00. WHAT ????? so why did I pay $79.99 a year for Norton360. So to make a long story short. I didnt renew Norton360. I asked computer people at everystore what did they use, and most that I talked to told me to go to Best Buy and get Kaspersky Anti-Virus so I check them out and did my reserch and I baught it. I installed it, not only did it find and delete the adware it found 8 more and deleted them. So to make a long story short, Get rid of the scam Norton sells and find one that works for you. Kaspersky works for me and made me a believer.

• Da
                    daileys inc Dec 29, 2009

billed twice for norton 360

• Li
                    linda owens Mar 13, 2009

purchase norton thru the internet and couldn't put it on my computer so I was help thru e-mail by Abhinas AS 368389 and i was charged twice $99.98. I only received a 30 day trail version. Every number that i received to check up on order want let me find out anything. my order number was 1086475

• Da
                    david g. ogletree Oct 27, 2008

whenever i try to erase a tracking cookie i hit a stone wall when i try to refresh it.(not responding) pops up.i end up having to cancel it out.what is the problem?

• Je
                    jesus Oct 26, 2008

Symantec{norton360}.
                    They made me wait for 6:32minutes and still waitinig only for a simple issue it does not make sense.
                    They ###ed my sunday .

• Ke
                    Ken Allison Oct 25, 2008

I signed up for your Norton 360 product in Oct. 2006-----you, without my authorization renewed and charged my credit card for Norton 360 in Oct. 2007 and now I continue to get the pop up's for renewal again just like last year---------I do not want to renew ! Just to be clear, I do not want your product so do not charge my credit card, I will dispute the charge.

I do not want any future updates-----stop the renewal process.

• Lo
                    lori a kelly Sep 22, 2008

i bought one year of protection. The other day, norton alert popped up and wanted to install an "update". I allowed the instalation, (of course) and the program said all other previous instalations must be uninstalled for the new program to work properly. Fine. when it was all said and done, I am told that i have an updated verision of norton, (that i trusted, so much) which in reality, was just a 15 day trial period, and my paid norton protection is gone! I feel tricked and I'm mad about it. I want this fixed or i will blog norton to death...thanks. lori kelly(-hoskins) We purchased it with my husbands visa, scott hoskins. [email protected]

• Em
                    emmunwel aquilina Sep 17, 2008

I have purchased the one year Norton 360 antivirus, and been downloaded twice and charged to my visa card twice .I have been in contact with you already before and have been told that i will be refunded the money for one, but nothing is showing on my visa card .The purchase was done on the 09/09/08.Thank you.

• Em
                    emmunwel aquilina Sep 12, 2008

DEAR SIRS, I HAVE PURCHUSED THE NORTON360 AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE PRODUCT TWICE . PLEASE CAN ONE PRODUCT BE TAKEN BACK AS I CAN NOT AFFORD THE COST FOR BOTH, AND IT WAS A MISTAKE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS

• Yv
                    yvonne lane Jul 09, 2008

I order norton 360 and I have not been able to download, and it was pay for the monies was taking out of my account.

Klye Norton — rip off

Norton Law Group... Did you know he goes by a few names to try and get away from the bad rap he gets?...

Norton Annual RenewalНесанкционированное списание средств с карты виза

1.09.2010 в 15.53 ( Моск. ) у меня с карты " Виза " не санкционировано было списано 60, 86 евро за какую то покупку NORTON годичное продление.
                  Что можно сделать, чтобы вернуть денежные средства ?

Norton Synametic — overcharging

Norton had sent me an e mail ref renewing my subscription this i have done thinking i would only pay the...

Norton Law Group — took my money

My name is Steve I was refered to Norton law Group by a friend and Norton law didnt Do Anything to Help Me...

Norton 360 V4, Symantecno customer support

I upgraded one of my computers to Norton 360 V4 to evaluate the performance against the older version, 360 V3. The issue I have now with V4 is the amount of spam I receive. V3 running on the other computers has a fraction of the spam and I mean 1 spam email compared to 10 or 12 spam emails with V4. I contacted Norton support. What a joke. I have had a number of emails (+8) or so saying they will contact me. No one has contacted me. I have been on Norton Support live chat when the person you were chatting with just ups and leaves the room. The reference numbers I have been provided have been noted as resolved and yet the problem still has not been addressed.

I have looked at as many Symantec web sites as I could find and conclude Symantec has no avenue to receive formal complaints from its consumers. This is disappointing considering the size of the organisation as how do you provide a quality service when you don't have any feedback or measuring tool from your consumers on an on going basis. I did receive a Symantec customer survey and was accurate in marking a very low score for customer service.

What next? I am reviewing the product as it comes up for renewal in the next couple of weeks. It looks like no services look else where. If any company out there believes they have a better product with back up customer service, please let me know. I would be interested.

Norton Anti Virusdestroying my computer

Norton Antivirus 2010 is a virus in itself and the company refuses to admit it. Before receiving the Norton Antivirus 2010 my computer was working fine and since the attempt to install the program, my computer has refused to come back on after the install needed to shut-down to restart, All this was being done robotically by a "so called technician". The company ruined my life. I know that's harsh but its true. I can not retrieve my work that was stored on my tower, I can not turn my computer on any longer. The program is a sham a waste of money and I cant believe Norton would be so unhelpful to my problem that THEY caused. I am going to try to start a case against the technician Uday Raj and the other tech. I hope it goes well. I am disappointed in the Norton's Software Company treatment of my computer and of me. You know was said as an excuse to me "it was a coincidence" What kind of inpropriate behavior is this.
                      Norton Antivirus 2010 is a Virus.

thanks,
                      A hard working disappointed student

• Lo
                          LonghornMom Aug 01, 2010

I would like to join suit against Norton with the previous posting by a disappointed student. The fraud committed by this company must be stopped; several others are posting complaints regarding unauthorized/unnotified charges being made to their debit/credit cards and paying for products never received, myself included.

Norton Anti Virusdouble charge

I requested via internet an upgarde of our norton virus protection chose a 2 year plus and was charged to my visa $124.94 - this was correct
                        I have recently been charged another fee for a years cover of norton virus.
                        This has occured perhaps because - I received a note saying something about same computer but different identification??

Can you look into this for me please. As I appear to have a double up of coverage.

Wendy grylls
                        [protected]@xtra.co. Nz

Charlotte Dorris Mar 01, 2010

I show a charge on May 29, 2009 from Symantec HP for $59.99,
                            Then again on July 18, 2009 from Norton Annual Renewal for $54.99
                            I cannot seem to contact anyone regarding this double charge, when I call I'm put on hold and left for way too long !

• Sr
                            Sr. Ernestine Mulvey Nov 14, 2008

On my Master Card I was charged for Norton Annual Renewal 5543286M700XDXD6H $ 51.99

And Dri Symantec Myord.com/sym mn
                            5543286M80027552W $39.99

Please refund me for the $39.99 charge which I purchased before you renewed the previous subscription.

Thank you.

Sr. Ernestine
                            [protected]

Norton 360 Upgrade — unauthorized charge

I got an email telling me that my service with Norton was about to expire...then there was a charge on my...

North Potomac

Norton Law Group — mortgage scammed

Do not give norton law group any of your money, hi im rick I went to norton law group for mortgage...

Norton Law Groupfraud

They are fake and make stuff up like they are trying to help you but in deed they are stealing your money and not doing anything. You call your bank and your bank has no info that the norton law group has called. They do not do anything that they promise. Please do not use them. We were so desperate because we could not pay our mortgage in the interm we turned to them and they ruined our credit and caused us to go into foreclosure i'm about 30 days away from losing my home. They really keep you going and say that the bank requested more info but when I called my bank they never requested any info. They had us fooled

• Ri
                              Ripofflawofficesof K.N Mar 07, 2011

I complely agree, I worked there as a paralegal for 2 months and left for this reason. I couldn't stay there any longer knowing everything that was going on in this office, the rip ppl off and try to take as much money as they can per client. Everyday that I worked in that office more than 2 exsisting clients would go and complain to the manager Kimberly Ball for taking their Money and doing nothing about their case. I can tell you within the period of time that I worked in that office almost all their staff left, including attorneys. No body lasts there more than 4 months, their pay is insignificantly low, they promis you the world as they do with their clients, and never deliver. Their Manager K. Ball is a complete [censor] who treats everyone like a piece of [censor], including Clients!! People please read these reviews before you even think about drawing yourself to this hell they so call Law office.