Nokia / poor after sales service

1 India Review updated:

I bought a nokia 5300 in dec'06 and within 2 weeks the handset developed audio problem. The battery backup was also not good. A fully charged battery halved over a talk time of total 30-45 mins.

I approached nokia care at Dwarka. They logged my complaint, but asked me to submit the handset for 2 days without giving me a standby handset. I couldn't to have afforded without a phone for 2 days.

I approached the headoffice of Nokia care, who said that providing a handset was the sole discretion of the nokia care franchisee and asked me to instead call their helpdesk at 30303838.

This was again a disappointing experience. The agent, Hari, reiterated that providing a handset was the sole discretion of the nokia care franchisee. When asked for an email address for submitting complaint/ grievance, I was refused any address stating that theyu do not have any such address and I, the customer, should log into their porta' 'nokia.com". When I insisted to speak to his manager, he refused to pass on the line to his manager. When I asked him his full name, he even refused to give his full name, stating that he was not authorized to do so.

I do not have a great feeling that when i buy a nokia, i should also keep a spare handset, with the assumption that the handset will develop problems and i will need to submit it for repair without being provided any spare handset. When the handset has developed some problem, it should be the onus of nokia to ensure that till the time the handset is repaired, customer has a spare handset to use.

I do not feel that this is fair trade.

Comments

• Pa
      12th of Apr, 2007

I am greatly disappointed with Nokia Service in Singapore also. They have got only one tel for the customer which is the customer care line.

My story is like this :

I purchased Nokia 6233 in early Feb07. The phone audio was not working in mid Feb07. I sent the phone for repair, it took a week. Now in early Apr07, the same problem came back. I called the customer care line, it took 5 days already they still have not repaired the phone due to NO PARTS AVAILABLE. So I asked them to skip to other plan like replacing me a new one & they told me they cannot as their company has no such policy. I am utterly very frustrated with Nokia service, they can keep the customer waiting without any solution. And they don't loan or refund the customer when the customer requested for it.

I strongly agree that you need to have a space phone & forget about the promises from Nokia service if you still want to use Nokia phone.
    Nokia do not have a fair trade.

• Mi
      29th of Jun, 2007

I use nokia n 73 my phone is in warranty period. I repaired my phone 5 times but my problem is not solved.

• Bl
      25th of Jun, 2009

its high time nokia should change their employees at service center especially at the dwarka center [spl ref: Mr.Kamal Agrawal]

i bought nokia 5610 last month[may'09] the shift screen option of my phone got dislocated. i went to dwarka care center for its repair. they told me to collect it within two days, i went after 5 days [i was out of town] still they did not repair it and told me we would call u once we fix it.After waiting for a week i went again and got the same response. After a lot of arguments i got back my cell at the end of the month.
    must say pathetic service!!!
    it dint end there.they fixed the button so tightly, that with one shift the whole button was into pieces ...well are we really suppose to trust the quality of nokia care??
    more over when i went back to them they argued saying its a damage that i have caused .well it was so...i wana know why did i have the same problem with the same button, why dint any other part of cell broke!! What really shocked that Mr kamal knew i hada point and i was right, still he came up with excuses like, you must have dropped the phone, or maby u slipped it into your pocket without taking care...well well...
    its quite upseting that we have to meet such corrupt people who know that they wrong and donot wanna accept it and rectify their mistakes...
    i shudder being a nokia customer !!