Nokia 6270 / i want my cell phone replacement

India Review updated:
I bought a Nokia 6270 phone from Mobilenxt Teleserveices Pvt. Ltd, City Centre Mall, Gurgaon, Tin No. [protected], code is [protected]. After a one week time, the network of phone was nil even after a full charge, I tried by reset to factory settings, it works for sometime, but again after a day or two, same problem occured. I give it to NOKIA service centre, old delhi-guraon Road, they hav told the set will go to Delhi and they will call me when the work is done. I didn't get any call till 10 days, then I call them and come to know that my mobile set came back after repair. I got the phone and when checked, found that they have nothing, means same problem persist so far.

I have expand too much for this mobile and I don't expect this kind of service from NOKIA, now I don't want to give it again to service center and want my cell phone replaced either with the same set or, if this kind of problem is there with all 6270, then replace it with other Nokia set.

A  20th of Dec, 2006 by
I am totally agree with what ever Rakesh experienced with Nokia 6270.
I am also suffering with same kind of problem ..... my nokia says "Enter Restriction code" .
I asked with nokia people but they said "Its a problem related to I.c." Now i am in a dilemma whether to go for its service or not........ Really Nokia should ban Nokia 6270.
I think its better to go for Sony erricson...... What i feel Nokia is taking extra advantage of its world wide goodwill.
A  26th of Dec, 2006 by

I am getting exactly same problem as Rakesh. I had also given my cell to Nokia Delhi office and still facing same problem.

Now I am planning to go to the consumer court as nokia service center is not ready to replace my handset as even after 3 complaints/repairs attempts i am facing same problem.

Below is the link for consumer court addresses:

My mail ID: bagwe_ps@yahoo.com

Please send me a mail if any of you want to join me.

N  2nd of Apr, 2007 by

I bought a brand new Nokia 6270 mobile hardly six months back but am having a feel of using it for 6 years. I am facing lots of problems right from the day I bought the mobile. I would like to highlight the major issues I faced/facing with the mobile.

1) It had a critical software problem which later got resolved by reinstalling the Software. However after re-installation, sound output volume and clarity got drastically reduced and Memory card too got malfunctioned.

3) After a long struggle with the service centre, I got the memory card replaced but till now I did not get a valid response from any of the service centers in Chennai on the reduction of volume and clarity.

4) The network problem still exists after reinstallation of the software.

5) The current problem I am facing with the mobile is with the slider, which I heard, a frequent complaint of Nokia 6270.

6) I tried Nokia Customer Care executives but there is no response.

I have spent almost 16000 Rupees for the mobile and it is very unfortunate and disappointing that the mobile is not functioning well and over and above that the issues are not properly handled and resolved on time by any of the Nokia service centers.
A  10th of Jun, 2007 by
I got some keypad problem in my 6270 (imei-357579005272978) under the warranty period and took it to nokia care shimla. After 5 days the told me that the cell needed to be sent to chandigarh for repair. Then after 20 days they told me that i had got the replacement for my set but on checking the set i found that the set was a used one and had a lot of scratches. (imei-357579007048905) But they told that only the shell was old the inside was new. After thoroughly checking it i found that the bluetooth name had been changed and the radio stations had been set in the phone which is not possible in a new set. Also the sound quality was very low. Now neither the customer care nor the personnels from where the set was changed are listening to me. I am very frustrated.
N  30th of Oct, 2007 by
I have heard many complaints and many good responses and now I think it is just normal to have these problems even if they happen a lot. It is just luck I guess depending on it working with you or not but if you look at it this way. The phone is just amazing and I would love to have it, my friend has it and it is working just fine.
N  22nd of Nov, 2007 by

Nokia 6270 - Network and charging problem

My friend have sent a mobile phone named nokia 6270. The network does not work. When the network comes, my set restart. The charging is lost. pls sove my problem. I am proud of you.
My mobile name Nokia
Model -6270
Serial no -357576003061734
N  1st of Dec, 2007 by

nokia-6270 - not working properly

my phone nokia 6270, is not working properly from purchasing month. I send this phone in nokia care for two time,but the phone is still not working properly.
A  2nd of Jan, 2008 by
From the Date of Purchase i got lot of Problems with my Mobile 6270. I got Pissedoff. First i given to service center them my mobile volume got reduced and in few day later i got the same like display getting swited off. i give to Service center in chennai. there are telling that it would be treated under non warranty. And they asking for 3000. i just put my mobile away and wating to purchase a sonyerricsion mobile
A  15th of Mar, 2008 by
I have lost my mobile Nokia 1100 in transit.The detail is as follows:-
ITEM CODE : 0512385, SERIAL NUMBER :-35535300/834523/7. I contact Nokia care Shimla for rejecting the system of my lost mobile.But no response from their side.

Kulvardhan Sharma
Vill&PO:Kural,Tehsil:PalamPur,Distt:Kangra(H.P.)-176083 & Mobile No. 09816016412
N  11th of Apr, 2008 by
I need to format 6270 how to format it.
A  27th of May, 2008 by
i been using nokia 6270 for lat one month. am facing a very big problem with the key pad ..unfortunately i just gave it to one nokia centre..they simply checked without doing any thing.now my life time warranty has gone since they have checked my mobile(they have taken the screws)..PLS HELP ME..i like the mobile very much, but the key pad is not at all working...i cant bear the service charges.HELP ME

N  27th of May, 2008 by
A  4th of Aug, 2008 by
totally agreed about poor service of NOKIA Care center and degraded quality of NOKIA handsets. I think NOKIA should decrease their manufacturing if they can not provide quality with quantity.

NOKIA is only concentrating on quantity and not on quality. I'm also suffering wiht this NOKIA and NOKIA people. I'd also bought my 5610-d 3 months i.e in May 2008 and its been more than 3 weeks i'm waiting for my cellphone. I've used cellphones of other companies too. But they dont give such problems as NOKIA do. NOKIA handsets have signal problem, battery problem, display proble etc. Means if u ve bought a NOKIA handset u hv got box of problems in your hand. Theya are fake too. They says battry backup of 5610-d is 18hrs talking time n 256 hrs standby time. In standby mode ur cell wants recharging on second morning if u hav attended 1/2hr calls then u need to charge ur cell as soon as possible if u dont want it to get switched off.

NOKIA Please produce good qality handsets.
A  15th of Oct, 2008 by
network solution for 6270 nokia
A  17th of Apr, 2009 by

I was facing the same problem with the nokia, the nokia care are wrost people they dont know how to talk with the consumers, i bought the brand new nokia phone n 96, but after 5 days the phone was creating problem like hanging and restart again and again, i submit my phone to the nokia care and ask them to replace it but they were not agree to do so, finally my friend told me to lodge the complaint on the online consumer court website www.consumercourt.in, i submit all the details on the website and after 5 days i received a call from nokia head office and they were agree to replace the handset with the new one.
A  13th of Sep, 2009 by
i have also the same problem in my nokia 6270. my phone does n't work properly whenever i insert the sim in my mobile phone but it works properly without sim card.There is a software problem in my mobile...please advice me the appropriate software which can solve my problem.
A  18th of Jan, 2010 by
plz help me unlock my Phone Nokia 6270 imei-357579009497597 email kazeem.dare@yahoo.com
N  7th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
nokia 6270 not charging problem and baitry canecter not voltej what problem brother
N  16th of Apr, 2014 by
hi kazeem,

Get the code from your prounlocking.com

Nokia Logo Nokia