NJ Transit / complaint against bus # 780 african american driver bus # 6073 - hackensack, nj terminal to passaic, nj

2-5 Hackensack, NJ, United States Review updated:

Dear NJ Transit Customer Complaint,

I would like to file a customer complaint against one of your African American bus driver is is making threatening remarks against me when I take this bus.

On Friday October the 6th, at about 5.55pm, i took the Bus # 780:- 6073 going from HACKENSACK, NJ TERMINAL TO PASSAIC, NJ and I came off the bus at Prospect and Essex Street.

This African American driver with an Accent told me to go "SUCK MY MOTHER" because I was walking slow off the bus.

This driver is very sick and may need some mental evaluation. This driver should not be driving this bus, he goes around and crust at passengers, I have two other people told me he did the same or similar words at them.

This driver MUST BE FIRED OR REMOVED AS A DRIVER. THIS DRIVE IS A LIABILITY TO NJ TRANSIT BECAUSE I AN GOING TO FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST NJ TRANSIT IF THEY DO NOT REMOVED THIS DRIVER.

ANOTHER DAY I WAS WALKING OFF THE BUS AND HE DROVE THE BUS OFF WHILE I AM GETTING OFF THE BUS.

NJ TRANSIT, PLEASE REMOVED THIS DRIVER, HE HAS VERY SERIOUS MENTAL PROBLEM.

THANK YOU.

Ma
Oct 7, 2017

Comments

• So
      8th of Feb, 2018

Hello Matt, May you please contact me? I will like to speak with you about the bus driver because I too had a situation with him. I will like to work with you.

• So
      8th of Feb, 2018

You can email me at soullityjournalists@gmail.com.

• Gb
      16th of Apr, 2018

Hello Matt and Journalists. This morning on April 16, 2018, the 190 Rutherford to New York bus came to a full stop on the red light on Main Avenue and Gregory Avenue at 6:01am and when I signaled the African-American woman bus driver she refused to pick me up! She nodded no to me and when the light turned green she left! Leaving me all wet and cold in the heavily rain and to mention my feet were wet. I got on the next bus at 6:27am! I was late to my place of employment due to her negligence. We have to let NJ Transit know they hire incompetent people!

• Ti
      11th of Jun, 2018

As someone who has been thru similar experiences and recently the worst situation with the worst NJ Transit bus driver I've ever come across, I strongly suggest that you should definitely mail a formal written complaint with ALL the details and information to NJ Transit at the address I will give below. Notice that on the NJ Transit website, when you click on "Contact Us", they only list a million phone #'s but no company address at all. This is because they want people to call so they can shove the issues to the side and take no action. Written complaints reaching the highest levels of the companies demand a course of disciplinary action and the company to write back with that they will be doing to fix the issue you are complaining about. The address I found mainly accepts complaints regarding NJ Transit's "Title VI Commitment and Compliance Objectives" (mostly issues of discrimination and drivers not respecting riders rights), but it will ensure your written complaints reach the HIGHEST level within the company and something will DEFINATELY get done about the bus driver, especially if it's not her first complaint.
    They hold EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE of NJ Transit accountable. This information I found is from the NJ Transit website, and here is the link for further information and reading (I simply Googled "file a complaint against a NJ Transit bus driver" to find the site, although it's somehow branched off of the NJ Transit website):
    www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TitleVITo

According to the website, NJ Transits "Title VI Commitment and Compliance" objectives are to:
    *Ensure that the level & quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color or national origin;
    *Identify & address, as appropriate, disproportionately high & adverse human health & environmental effects, including social & economic effects of programs & activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
    *Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making;
    *Prevent the denial, reduction or delay in benefits related to programs & activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations; AND
    *Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency (LEP).

If you were discriminated against, you MUST file your complaint within 180 days of the date of the incident with the bus driver. I had a very similar situation with a black female driver and I am a white, and I believe it was absolutely discrimination that caused this bus driver to curse, shout, threaten me, and more. She even purposely forced the bus door shut (they shut it manually with their hand and arm, and she used all her strength on purpose) and had me stuck in the doorway awkwardly as the bus was moving and would not stop the bus to let me free, causing me to be injured and I am pregnant. And those are just some of the details of what I went thru with my NJ Transit bus driver. Perhaps you were denied the pick up and ride due to a protected status causing you to have been discriminated against, or perhaps the bus driver violated your rights to ride public transportation? It sure sounds like it when a bus driver looks right at you, nods at you acknowledging you, and continues driving, and you mention that she is a black female so I am assuming you are not of the same race. Do you believe that she would have stopped if you were her same race or a different sex or if you were dressed differently, indicating that you were a member of a different socioeconomic group?

I believe everyone should file complaints against these types of drivers who think they have the power and authority to bully and do whatever they want to riders all around the state. There are plenty of incompetent drivers working for NJ Transit, but they will just stay employed if no one does anything about it. I spoke to a very kind young lady who has been driving for NJ Transit about 1 year now and she said that it's absolutely shocking and disgusting the way NJ Transit allows bus drivers to stay with the company despite having complaints filed against them or even being guilty of causing traffic accidents, and she explained to me that although the sticker on the back of the bus says "Yield to Bus", every single bus driver MUST turn on their left blinker and wait until they have an opportunity before attempting to merge back into traffic after making a pickup on the right side of a road or highway. She also told me that NJ Transit tolerates so much and their rule is that drivers must have 3 complaints filed against them to get terminated, or have 1 major event occur to result in immediate termination, but because folks don't make complaints, the drivers actually brag about how they get away with murder. The young lady told me that drivers who get into accidents and hit cars when its THEIR FAULT almost always still keep their jobs mostly because the riders don't make complaints and neither do the owners of the cars!?!

Good luck with your situation, and send your complaint written and by mail so that you have proof of your correspondence with NJ Transit. Keep copies of what you send them. I highly suggest you call and make complaints too to the appropriate complaint # listed on their website, but don't just call - send in your written complaint(s) as well and when you do call, document who you speak to, when, date, time, what they said, ask questions like what's going to be done, what will be the outcome, when will a supervisor or higher follow up with you, is this is the bus driver's first complaint, how many times can this bus driver continue to behave inappropriately and against company policy before they take action, what will that action be, etc. Ask any question you want to because the worst that can happen is they say "I can't answer that question!" If you have a voice recorder, record the call if you can. This way, you can go back and re-listen to what was said if you need to, or type up a transcript of the conversation if necessary. Doing all of this ensures that NJ Transit can't just try and apologize and brush you aside. Good luck!!!