Having problems with NJ Transit?

NJ Transit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 9, 2008. The latest review Late buses was posted on Jun 8, 2021. The latest complaint bus does not allow passenger to board was resolved on Dec 30, 2014. NJ Transit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 428 reviews. NJ Transit has resolved 38 complaints.

NJ Transit Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 847 7658 (Suspicious Activity Hotline)
+1 973 275 5555 (24 Hour Access)
+1 800 772 2287 (Hearing Impaired)
+1 609 645 5910 (Atlantic County Transportation)
+1 201 646 3227 (Bergen County Transportation)
+1 609 265 5109 (Burlington County Transportation)
+1 609 456 3344 (Camden Sen-Han Transit)
+1 609 889 3700 (Cape May Fare Free Transportation)
+1 609 691 7799 (Cumberland Area Transit System)
+1 973 618 1280 (Essex County Office on Aging)
+1 609 307 4850 (Gloucester Special Transportation)
+1 201 271 4307 (Hudson County)
+1 800 842 0531 (Hunterdon County, The Link)
+1 609 530 1971 (Mercer T.R.A.D.E)
+1 609 275 2929 (Princeton Area Only)
+1 800 221 3520 (Middlesex County Transportation, AWTS)
+1 732 431 6480 (Monmouth County SCAT)
+1 973 829 8103 (Morris County)
+1 732 736 8989 (Ocean County (Ocean Ride)
+1 877 929 2082 (Southern Ocean County Area)
+1 973 305 5758 (Passaic County Paratransit)
+1 973 881 0058 (Paterson)
+1 973 728 2863 (West Milford)
+1 973 365 5754 (Passaic)
+1 609 935 7510 (Salem County)
+1 908 231 7115 (Somerset County Transportation)
+1 973 579 0483 (Sussex County Transportation)
+1 908 241 8300 (Union County Transportation)
+1 908 454 4044 (Warren County Transportation)
One Penn Plaza East
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NJ Transit Customer Service. Initial NJ Transit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NJ Transit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NJ Transit. Discuss the issues you have had with NJ Transit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NJ Transit Complaints & Reviews

NJ Transit — ny train from chatham, nj to penn station

Last evening, 9/16/2018 at 6:38, the train scheduled to arrive. did not show. There was one announcement at...

NJ Transitrudeness rude

I was on the train from new jersey to new york i had purchase a ticket and the transit guy told me and said i had to get off in the most disrespectful way. So he said i had to pay 4.00 than he said it was 4.25 because i didnt had payed it to pen station new york. So than he tells me to get off he stops the train and expects me to get off. Now i have to purchase another ticket is ridiciouls how crazy and authority these people have. Ive never had to deal with something like that. He claim to be a supervisor when i ask to speak to the supervisor super disrespectful cameras should be put on the trains. Because these people act up and think they have authority.

NJ Transit — bus connections from riverline to [protected] at trenton transit center

Almost every morning passengers on the Riverline getting off at Trenton Transit Center the buses 606, 608 and...

NJ Transitrude & wreckless bus driver

Good morning,

There is no specific date of an incident because this bus driver drives recklessly more than half the time and it's multiple incidents that have happened.
    The bus route is the number 30 bus that goes from Newark to North Arlington.
    The bus driver that drives the morning route from about 7:30am - 8:20am. She speeds on the main street (Kearny Ave) when she shouldn't and makes harsh stops when she has to slow down.
    She is also very rude and impatient with passengers. When people have to get their bikes off the rack, she tells them to hurry up in a very irritated way. I would understand if it had been five minutes, but it had barely been a minute. There was no need for her to be rude to the passenger just because the passenger was having a little trouble getting the bike off. No one on the bus seemed to care that it was taking long because when you take the bus, you accept that it is going to be time consuming.
    As well as being rude to people, even when people have their hand out to signal a stop, since she is going too fast to stop, she often passes them without hesitation.

• Updated by d3343 · Sep 04, 2018

The bus route is the number 30 bus that goes from Newark to North Arlington.

NJ Transitjersey bus 18058 lp#oyb3566

New jersey trasit bus blatantly cut me off in my lane without proper warning. My vehicle was half way up yhe side of the bus and the driver started moving over without signaling only to signal half way into cutting me off causing me to cut someone else off unintentionally to keep the bus from hitting my truck. Downtown north broad street in front of the convention center approx. 4:20 pm 8/31/18

NJ Transitbus driver

The bus driver for bus#772 he has the 6:50am schedule that passes by cedar lane in teaneck nj..This bus driver needs to be removed immediately!!! He is nasty and rude and disrespectful. He drives so fast people trip all over the place. He is so unprofessional. If you ask him a question, he gets an additude. Please remove him from this bus route. Put him to drive another local nj bus. He makes everyone's bus ride so unpleasant.

NJ Transit Bus — touted 772

I take the bus#772 every morning at about 6:50am at Lincoln and cedar lane in teaneck nj. I am currently on...

NJ Transit — driver

I caught the 2:50 NJ transit from philadelphia to Atlantic city The bus driver was so rude and nasty for no...

NJ Transitservice

Constant cancelled trains on Morris / Essex line
          Not having enough engineers, after you cancel a train the next one is standing room only and a safety hazard
          Why don't you make new schedules and only send out trains you can man, or better yet go out of business since with all the taxpayer money you are given you still cannot run a railroad.
          In any other business people are held accountable for their actions, apparently no one at the top thought far enough in to the future to fully understand you need manpower to run a business successfully.

NJ Transitbus driver

I am submitting a complaint about the bus driver. Driving bus 112 bus # 7467 during the time at 7:14pm on Sunday 8/26/2018. It was the bus on its way to Nee York. Your bus driver did not stop at the bus stop for patrons waiting at bus stop and kept driving on. We signaled him to stop but he ignored and kept driving. This is very unprofessional of your driver. Please go over policies and procedures to this bus driver because he seems like he needs to be reminded of what his job consists of. Thank you.

NJ Transitno train or bus turned up leaving over 20 people + crew stranded

Hello,

I planned to catch the 5.27pm train from Port Jervis to NYC yesterday (Sunday August 19). I understand replacement buses were operating between Port Jervis and Harriman. All the information on the platform, website and recorded message on the PA system at the station was advising that bus would replace train. However no bus turned up., leaving over 20 people plus train crew stranded. We tried to call 511 hotline but we just got recorded messages. I then called the emergency line on Leprochaun bus service who were providing the replacement buses. They informed us that their contract with NJ Transit ended early in the afternoon so there would be no more buses. So whoever at NJ Transit made that booking made a major mistake, leaving 20 people with no where to go. I would like a refund for my 2 x return tickets as there were no trains or buses available to catch. Also the 2 hours we spent hanging around a train station waiting for a non existent train. I'm sure you will receive several complaints about this today there were a lot of angry people. Can you please advise the next steps for getting me refund of 2 x return tickets NYC to Port Jervis. Thank you my number is [removed] if you would like to discuss this in person.

NJ Transit — 3861 northeast corridor line/racist ticket collector

Coming from New York Penn Station I went on the 3861 train which usually departs at 4:30pm. When I take thi...

NJ Transitquite car

If your going to have quite cars rules, then the train personnel should be enforcing these rules. Instead I'm told by the ticket collector who shows no badge number to self police your policies. I'm on the 5:37 to Jersey Ave in the first car and that's exactly what I was told. Not to mention, some of the worst offenders are the NJT employees, they walk through with their radios turned up so high if you are trying to relax on your way to or from work it'll make you jump out of your seat. I think you should look into how things are handled by the employees that work and represent NJT. Again it's not all of your employees, some actually make people move to other cars for talking on their phones or having load conversations while on the quite cars.

NJ Transitlate arrivals/buses passing you by

I have passed my tolerance level with the 413 bus. I am originally from Philadelphia where buses and trains are available every 20 minutes. I accepted the fact that in NJ it is every hour. I also accepted the fact that the 413 bus is a minimum of 5 to 7 minutes late 100% of the time. During this entire summer season this lateness has turned into 15 to 20 minutes late. Thankfully I have an understanding boss, but even her patience will soon run out. To make matters worse, my daughter was completely passed by on July 28th. She was waiting for the 11:33 bus to Camden. It was in the 90's and she had to walk along route 38 to get to work. Thankfully she did not get run over or drop from heat exhaustion. This is because the drivers have taken to driving in the left lane. I've had it. I expect some type of compensation (bus pass). If this situation is ignored, I will continue my way up the ladder.

NJ Transit — mobo train

The 7:08 and the 7:43 trains from Bloomfield to Penn NYC were both canceled this morning. There was no posted...

NJ Transitcustomer service

This is the second time I'm trying to take the 11 bus from Willowbrook Mall and the bus just doesn't show up for the times it's schehdled to be here. So I try to call the 24 hour line that is advertised just to be told that it's only working 8-5. You have zero respect for your customers and it shows. If you post that a bus is going to leave Willowbrook Mall at 6:17, then you should make sure the bus is here AND ready to go at 6:17. If you advertise a 24 hour line, then it should be open 24 hours a day.

NJ Transittonnelle facing light rail at mlk station.

This station is regularly cleaned by the city, however there is a side lawn on a slope that according to the city is under the perview of NJtransit that is littered by thousands of cigarette butts and random other Plastic litter. It is NEVER cleaned.

This area is right next to the garbage bins at the uptown tonnelle facing MLK station.

I have seen city workers clean the station and leave this lawn area untouched.

tonnelle facing light rail at mlk station.

NJ Transittrain doors did not open at stop.

July 25th 2018 on the 623 Long Branch train I was at the doors waiting for them to open at the stop and they did not open. The conductor did not say to move up to the front car but I was in the 2nd car. I did this because it has happened to me in the past that the doors did not open. Yesterday when I got off the train at the next stop, Red Bank I talked to the conductor and he was extremely nasty to me and said" are you sure you didn't sleep past your stop". That made me even more upset and I started to cry. I had to take anUber back to my home because I missed my ride that with waiting at Middletown New Jersey. My 82-year-old dad was waiting but could not drive that far to Red Bank because of the traffic and construction. The Uber ride cost me $29 plus $5 tip. This is the 2nd time I've had to pay for a ride back. I don't understand why the conductor is not more helpful I was yelling and banging on the door and he did not come to assist me in the train, and then had the audacity to ridicule me at the stop. I don't appreciate this type of aggravation as a respectful senior I treat people with respect and I don't expect to get this type of treatment back.

NJ Transitthe 459 bus route

Good afternoon I am writing to you as a passenger and a fellow employee in the transportation industry I have been riding the 459 off and on for over 18 years since moving to NJ. I rely on this bus to go to and from work, I work for Patco in Lindenwold NJ and I use it for my personal needs. I work from 7:30-3:30 and I catch the 6;45 to work and the 3:56 from work for the past week from July 16 thru July 20th that particular bus time 3:56 has been discontinue without any notice to the customers. I am able to take other lines to get home which is a in inconvenience, but what about the other customer who do not have that option. I would advise that a regional be at Avondale or Lindenwold to inform the customers rather than have us stand out in the heat for two to three hour pondering when a bus will arrive. I even heard some customer say that they need to be compensated for the in convenience. I pay 71 dollars a month to ride although we have cross honoring I never use my Patco I'D something needs to be done I have also been helpful to new drivers on the route. Please do something or you will lose a lot of riders on that line. Thank You.

NJ Transitcomplaint about bus #7921 (route 160) on 7/19 from ny port authority departure 6:45

This driver (an African American male in this 30/40s) was driving very erratically on the route - very fast speed, weaving into and out of lanes. I was standing so I saw him cut off several cars who were initially in front of him - almost pushing some off the road. The biggest issue is that he almost slammed into another car as he made a very short stop behind it. This threw everyone on the bus forward and almost out of their seats and since I was standing I literally had to hold on for dear life. He screamed - "are you alright?" and then continued to proceed down the road. Additionally, I am pregnant, so if I fell and hurt myself that would be a major liability again the driver and the NJ Transit system. The driver didn't seem to really care. After a while I was wondering if he was drunk - it was that bad...

When I got off the bus - one of the other passengers said - 'glad we made it home alive - huh'? This was truly a dangerous trip and driver either needs to not be on the road or go through further training before he drives again.