Nissan Maxima / mechanical problems

1 35086 Bernina Court, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-855-3526

I purchased a new Nissan Maxima in 2007 and two years later with 95, 000 Kilometers the air compressor needed to be replaced at a cost of nearly $2000 including the part, labor and taxes. The warranty expired at 60, 000 and the company refused to cover it even though it is a part that should not break down. Although the Maxima is a nice vehicle I would not recommend buying one and only buy a Nissan if you are willing to spend money on an extended warranty. We also had a 2004 Armada that has had many warranty issues. We are fortunate on that vehicle that we don't put much mileage on it otherwise it would have cost nearly as much for repairs over the years than it cost to purchase it. As much as the media tells us how bad North American cars are, we have had no problems with our 2005 Chevy Silverado and it came with a much better manfacturers warranty - which we have not needed. Interesting isn't it.

Comments

• Va
      20th of Oct, 2007
    2000 Nissan Maxima - Faulty ignition coils

There is a petition through google regarding the need for a recall of 2000-2003 Nissans due to faulty ignition coils, o2 sensors, and other related parts. Some how this company needs to take responsibility for these defects and stop gouging the consumers.

• Ha
      20th of Oct, 2010

I agree. 66000 miles on my used Nissan Armada! Less than 1000 miles later it needed a new engine. I am blaming both the car Dealership Honda of Casper, and Nissan for this very expensive mistake. Neither company offered any help whatsoever. Traded in for 07 Chevy suburban, I am already a loyal Chevy fan.