Having problems with Intoxalock?

Intoxalock Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 283 5899 (Customer Service)
+1 877 327 9130 (Service)
+1 877 734 1555 (Automated Calibration Request)
+1 866 536 9436 (​After Hours Support)
+1 515 331 7643 (Head Office)
11035 Aurora Avenue
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Intoxalock Customer Service. Initial Intoxalock complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Intoxalock above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Intoxalock. Discuss the issues you have had with Intoxalock and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Intoxalock Complaints & Reviews

IntoxalockCost/Install

I bought a brand new subaru in september 2020, and had the device installed the next week. In January, we had cold temperatures and the battery died. I had to have it charged, and it was fine. next day same thing. next day same thing. and for the next 6 weeks, every day I had to have it jumped to get started. I took it to the dealership and they said the battery is 100% perfect, gave me a printout. Intoxalock said it was my problem. I put the device in quiet mode to see if it would stop draining. It destroyed my battery and everything in my car shut down. I had to get the digital key to unlock the car. Again, it was my fault according to them. I bought a booster as my husband cannot be home all day to jump my car. It cost me $50 on top of the $80 I am already dishing out every day. We will see what happens when the weather warms up.
I was initially quoted $80/mo my bill was closer to $100/mo and I could not figure out why. I finally was able to reach someone and it turns out they automatically enroll you into insurance for an additional $10 a month plus an administrative fee of $10 a month. Beware of this scam. Maybe it was just with my installer, but I was told that it would cost $90 to install and cost me $140 because I paid with card not cash.

IntoxalockIntoxalock

3rd car having this device in...first car needed 2 batteries and 2 re installs. Bought a jump starter sti didn't work. Now on a brand new 2020 accord and 2 months after I bought it the car goes into limp mode all dash lights on. Honda says it's Intoxalock and Intoxalock says it's Installed correct. Their "techs" are not real techs just guys who run wires. Bought a code clearer to clear codes and that works for a few minutes nothing more. Brought back to service center to re check the install. 4 batteries between the 3 cars. 45 minute wait times to get a hold of the Intoxalock people who are the least helpful people I have ever worked with. Attitudes galore, a brand new car with less than 3000 miles should not have issues like this Honda said it themself. They won't touch the car because it's an aftermarket device. They can't diagnose any problems without taking the device out which probation does not allow which doesn't make sense so stuck with a brand new car and paying monthly to interlock and Honda for a car that I cannot drive. Wonderful situation thanks Intoxalock

IntoxalockFraud

IIN MY OPINION - This company is actively engaged in consumer fraud. Intoxalock is connected to Consumer Safety Technology LLC and Clearlight Partners LLC. You are furnished with a device that drains your car's battery. You are then expected to bring the unit to a shop that charges you to reset the device and the company also charges an additional $70. Numerous complains can be seen about this most toxic of corporate horrors. Their customer service is routinely incompetent and more prone to making excuses than solving problems. If you probe deeply, they are likely politically connected --or-- they changed over time and a sociopath took over and the result is what can be expected. This company deserves to be dissolved so a more capable and less malevolent entity can dominate the industry.

• Sp
          spanky HM Feb 18, 2021

I BOUGHT A 2019 VAN WITH 3000 MILES I HAD THE INTOXALOCK PUT IN TWO MONTHS AGO THIS DEVICE KILLED MY BRAND NEW BATTERY IT WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE A CHARGE I HADTO BUY A NEW ONE $200.00 AND THEN THEY PUT ME IN LOCK OUT. THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THAT YOU COULD PUT IN SLEEP MODE or you could disconnected put you have call in first .this device look like it's out of style.

IntoxalockRetests while driving

I have a long commute home after work and need to eat while driving. As always, I passed the test to start my car. As I am driving, I eat vegetables to tie me over until I get home. This particular commute, I was eating Jicama slices - a vegetable. 10 minutes into my commute, the device wants a retest. I take the test and it failed me, causing a service lockout. It asked for a retest 5 minutes later after its countdown and I pass. It tests me again 10 minutes later and I pass. I have passed every single test for the past year. So to get out of the bogus lockout, they charged 81 dollars and change. I felt this was unfair, so I contacted Intoxalock. They were able to waive the lockout fee this time only, but couldn't remove the failed test. Told me I would have to take it up with the state which I will, even though they only consider everything black and white and don't care about anything except punishing you for your mistake. It would be nice and avoid a lot of hassles if the devices could ask for a retest immediately after a failed test and if you pass the multiple retests, not docking you for a failed test, especially when what you are eating is a vegetable...and they can see that with camera they have watching you every second you are driving.

IntoxalockSent me paperwork when I wasn't eligible

I got the paperwork in the mail and Had the device installed. I then called Penndot to make sure I had all my required paper work to recoeve my IIL (ignition interlock license). Penn dot told me I was not even eligible for the IIL because they did not have my jail processing forms. I had my weekend at jail scheduled but then covid hit and they told me I couldn't report to the jail because of the shutdown.

Why would Intoxalock send me paperwork if I was not eligible for it? I'm paying for this damn thing and I haven't moved my car in almost 8 months. Its been the most agitating thing I've had to ever deal with?

Is there anything I can do about this? Does anybody think I should get a lawyer?

IntoxalockAntiquated device

Disgusting to think about how old these are and what you are inhaling during test. No possible way the inside can be cleaned/sterilized.
            The screen is constantly scrolling different information (pauses, repetition, count downs, "breathe", "clearing" "warning" etc). Keep in mind you need to read and wait through all the slow prompts as you are driving (I live in a state with the "hands free" law). How is this legal?
            The warning beeps will scare you half to death. Then you have the random chirps it makes which will make you panic because you have no idea what it means. My original monthly quote was much lower than what I'm charged. They also charge you every 2 weeks not monthly. The installation WILL affect some of your bells and whistles in your car. I'm told they will be "fixed" after the device is removed. You will also be bombarded with emails about all the changes you need to make for device to work properly.

IntoxalockOverall company

DO NOT TRUST INTOXALOCK. This company overcharged me & refused to compensate me for their mistakes.
              I was lied to about the fees I would be charged. The sales rep Haley specifically told me many things such as that 50% of the install fee would be credited back toward my future costs. I was never told there was a length of service required or a cancelation fee. I was informed of those things when I called to cancel and set a removal date. Then the representative on the phone informed me that I did not actually sign that contract but was still responsible for the terms. I waited on hold for long periods of time always only to be transferred to an answering machine. When ever I asked to speak to a supervisor one was never available. I plan to take further action against this company. If anyone has had similar issues please contact me Brock Johnson so you can be involved in the case I have against Intoxalock.

Overall company

IntoxalockIntoxalock

I have all kinds of problems with my car including driving in the left lane without turning the wheel. Read the contract carefully, it states under warranties that "the device will operate properly during the term of your lease." Reason for breach of contract in small claims court or class action suit? Also blowing on that nazi box is distracted driving that the state tells you is 6 times worse than drunk driving. The reason texting while driving [5 seconds] is dangerous and blowing in a death box [1.5-2 minutes every 5 to 15 minutes] is legal is they both make money for our rich white overlords.

IntoxalockDevice

Less than a month before the intoaxolck device is to be removed the electronics in the car start to go haywire. Starter, alternator and battery all fried. Not to mention when initially signed up the contract was for a single bill per month upon the 3rd of every month as was agreed and recorded. Been billed twice a month all time and they refuse fix

Sep 09, 2020

Intoxalock — Customer service

I took my work truck for calibration. The calibration machine broke and my unit would not start my truck. I...

IntoxalockPaid for unprovided service

I desmond peterson was intoxalock customer had a device installed in my vehicle from misleading representative I let him know what happened in another state as far as me having a device installed two years before not under the right authority or paperwork. This intoxalock rep still allowed me to go ahead and install I paid the fees and before I was to pay the first months payment it was revealed to me that I was not under the right paperwork intoxalock paid to get the device removed and have not yet refunded my money they continued to bill me after the device was removed. They told me to send proof of payments I did and it seems they are not deciding to pay back money they are taking out of my bank account
                    The representatives that I speak with continue to be rude and uninformative to whats going on with my case they do not proived their full names not allow me to speak to supervisor

Aug 29, 2020

Intoxalock — Customer service with account specialist

I have had issues out of our hands with their handheld device. This time They end up shipping the new machine...

Aug 22, 2020

Intoxalock — I've had so many problems

I've had so many problems using the Intoxalock with the low breath pressure setting. Has worked at...

IntoxalockPlease help me

I have had intoxalock in my car now for a year. Went to get my license back was told I had been revoked since aug of last year. Now I need to start over. The mva has a letter to be signed at intoxalock dealer with "a raised" seal nobody knows what i'm talking about help. I'm trying to get this straightened out so that I can drive to my job in va. I don't even know where to begin, i've been on the phone everyday for hours trying to find somebody to answer me this is putting my family and in an inhumane spot as not being able to provide. My interlock is "still" in my vehicle never had it taken out. The form is for an installation that is already installed. Please help

Jul 06, 2020

Intoxalock — Intoxalock

Worse Service EVER!!! Give your money to the other companies. Hopefully the other companies won't try and...

IntoxalockQuestionable business practices

Misleading advertising regarding "free installation" & device protection $5.00 which is actually every 2 weeks so...$10.00 monthly various additional fees like set up fee & data processing fee as well as other charges not included like calibration & removal. Device will also not accept another person's usage which turns out to be a huge problem because I had it installed on a vehicle not registered to me & the sober owner could not get his alternate vehicle out of driveway without moving the vehicle with the device installed in it. That caused him to miss various appointments including lab work & a office visit to his Dr.

Christopher Litzner Oct 08, 2020

Yes there fees and claiming the installation is free is entirely false. They have you receive a rebate from to fill out and mail in but will claim to never receive the rebate forms even if you mail it with a confirmation of delivery. They change what date they bill you every month to try and get the bill to pull before your normal pay periods and are quick to tack on fees.

IntoxalockDevice customer service

I called Intoxalock with a question regarding my device and it really floored me how rude the customer service rep was. I was amazed at the impatient and irritability that I was immediately greeted with. I so look forward to getting this bulky and awkward Intoxalock device out of my vehicle so that I never have to call or deal with Intoxalock again.

Intoxalockiid during covid-19

My complaint is regarding the Intoxalock device that drains power to my battery so quickly that I have to drive my vehicle needlessly and waste fuel each day during this pandemic-related stay at home order. I received a lockout charge because my battery died completely and the company refused to refund the money although I reported the issue right away.
                            It is really awful to take advantage during a time like this when it is the company's device that is the culprit. I am already paying an overpriced lease fee each month, especially considering there is not a need to be driving right now. Robbery.

In addition, I tried to use the company's online chat and just received a robotic response. Not helpful at all.

Jan 03, 2020

Intoxalock — Reimbursement

On November 18, 2019 My Device Malfunctioned. I am a security guard. I was guarding an orchard 15 miles out...

Dec 31, 2019

Intoxalock — product and service are the absolute worst

I had an Intoxalock put in at the end of October, 2019. This is 2 months later. I've had to put in 2 NEW...