Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Services / unfair credit card finance charge assessed

1 Washington DC metro area, United States Review updated:

Dear fellow credit union consumers:

Nfcu recently assessed me a late-payment penalty-fee finance charge of $33.13 on my account because nfcu claims that I was late in my november payment. Unfortunately, I never received the november statement from nfcu, and was unaware that I owed nfcu $51.00. The finance charge of $33.13, on the payment amount of $51.00, comes out to a 65% late-fee assessment.In my opnion, this amount is outrageous, especially given the fact that I have been a longtime, loyal and devoted nfcu member, who has always made my payments on time.

I am deeply disappointed that nfcu would be very harsh, strict, and heavy-handed in its tactics with me, like this. As a result, I have decided to end my membership with nfcu.

Based on what I have said, which is based on the facts of my personal, negative experience with nfcu, you may make your own decisions about nfcu accordingly. I hope this info. Helps.

Comments

• Pe
      16th of Apr, 2009

All credit card companies send out monthly credit card statements. If you don't recieve it in the mail...(could have been lost or stolen from mailbox, delivered to wrong mailbox, lost in mail, damaged at post office, w ho knows) how is the credit card company supposed to know u did not receieve it??? Besides, if a company lends you money (credit card, loan, etc) you should always realize that u are obligated to a monthly payment.