Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Logo

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]

Having problems with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]?

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 24, 2006. The latest review Mortgage refi process fiasco was posted on Jun 6, 2021. The latest complaint Horrible bank! was resolved on Oct 30, 2013. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 158 reviews. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has resolved 40 complaints.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 842 6328 (Member Service - Domestic)
+1 703 255 8837 (Member Service - International)
Navy Federal, PO Box 3000
Merrifield, Virginia
United States - VA22119-3000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service. Initial Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]. Discuss the issues you have had with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Complaints & Reviews

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — va loan [protected]_english_appraisal nmls: 1468350

The appraiser missed the upgraded features of the home in stating that the house had only two bedroom...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Availability to deposit, app deposit issues and failure of reps to care or find solution

I am livid. Our family has been with Navy Federal since 2010.

I only have option to use mobile deposit app to deposit as your bank does not have local branches I can simply walk into. TO WHIT, insult to injury, was suggested by your nonchalant reps today by phone.

The first time I deposit a check on the mobile app this morning, it did not reflect on the app. I refresh the app, the deposit still did not reflect although the app told me it went through correctly. I waited sometime signed out and sign back in and the deposit still did not show up. The deposit did not even show up in pending deposits.

Again, I took pictures of the front and back of the check and deposited again I had the same outcome. This check is from my father from his bank which my account will show history as depositing from before.

After experiencing this trouble twice, I contacted Navy Federal by phone. An hour later, insult to injury I have been told countless different things and I do not have a resolution.

First, I was told that they need to get with the electronic department because they could not even see the 2000 deposit as well. Then I was told after sometime they saw the deposit, But that there may be some trouble because it was deposited twice. Hey no kidding tell me something I don't know your app was not working you couldn't find it when we first got on the phone. An abundance of caution I redeposited of course before calling.

10 minutes go by, when the rep tells me that I will need to wait for an email.

And that if I get an email that the deposit is approved that only 200 will clear. At this point I asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor comes on the line who is extremely scripted and nonchalant.

Since I don't feel I am in the best care I request his manager or supervisor. I am told that I cannot have one. He told me that his supervisor or manager does exist but that I do not have the right to speak to them. At that time I ask if there's a department that I can call retention or such and make a complaint. This so-called supervisor tells me I cannot and he will take the complaint. I ask him again for any department that I can speak to because it this point I do not trust him and he tells me no he is not going to name departments or get me information on who I can contact and says "we have many different departments."

So again I ask this gentleman OK can I speak with member services department or retention or anyone that would deal with customer issues with the bank after all this time and with your attitude he tells me no.

I try to explain my situation but he said my details don't matter and stated a script once again. He said that I could write a PO Box if I so wanted to. After asking him for contacts any kind of resolution any kind of people I could speak to you at navy federal even considering the way I've been cared for he said he did not have anything for me.

I am floored by this behavior and this treatment. Navy federal has always been good to our family. I'll daughter is grown and banks with Navy Federal and has a car loan through Navy Federal our son is grown he banks with Navy Federal. We have bank with Navy Federal for years and have history and asked does the deposits of my father's checks from the same bank. No one ever even apologize to me or clarified what was going on with the app or the issue instead I was question for depositing twice after waiting.

I would appreciate someone that has decision making abilities get in touch with me. I am very unhappy and took notes today on the phone where I was treated subpar.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Employee complaint

I was treated poorly, disrespectfully, unfairly, unprofessionally, and rudely by a Navy Fed bank rep, inside...

Rancho Bernardo

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Direct deposit

I expected my direct deposit & my direct deposit usually comes in at a certain time. However after calling the toll free number I was told by the Supervisor Ms. Misha that she could not advance the process. And she said that I would have to wait until 6am despite the fact that it was an emergency and it is imperative that I receive my money as I usually do in a timely manner right after midnight every Friday morning. I would like to know why or what was the reason why I couldn't of received my funds immediately on the due date as scheduled. I remember when I was out of town in Denver, CO. & they expedited the process to receive my funds then. Then why couldn't anything be done about it now??? Pls give me a call at your earliest convenience regarding this Urgent matter at: [protected]. This is supposed to be a Credit Union? Which means there should be more alternatives and benefits than how a normal bank operates. I have my whole 7generations of family members who joined the military & fought in war to obtain military benefits and discounts. As being raised a military brat the company should honor or allow this type of transactions to clear especially in an emergency and especially if it was done previously.Thank you for time and consideration regarding this urgent matter...~Roderick Carrier Jr.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Consolidation of 4 personal loans

My writing to you in regards to my recent personal loan refinance application that was denied. I am disgusted...

Stephens City

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Online banking

Navy Federal routinely locks there customers out of the online banking. Everyone I know who has a Navy...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Direct deposit posting

I am writing this because I am tired of getting different information on the phone than I am given in the...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Company work check put on hold for five days

I submitted my check through mobile deposit on 7/20/18 and when I returned back to work on 7/23/17 I seen that my money has not deposit I waited anther day to call and it turns out that the check was returned and put on hold for five day. I was told that I can take the check to their bank and cash it but didn't want to accrue a charge. The 5 day waiting period is obscured and not right. NFCU didn't want to override whatever is going on which is not my fought.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Customer services

My dad online banking was some house locked out. My dad do not any computers and not even a cell phone. I call them because my dad is with navy federal because I have acct with them. So I call them with my dad in the phone they say my dad has to call that they can not unlock his acct. now my dad is almost 80yrs with 5th grade education. I come to my dads house and they are drilling him like a drill sergeant my dads nerves becomes radical and he starts to shake. So I get on the phone and they say they can not tell me anything or unlock his online banking. Even tho it clear I'm on his acct and they sent 2 cards with me and his name on it. Then they say he set up a name code ms no he didn't my dad memory is gone and he even tells her that too. So my dads throws out 3 names and she said I can't tell u which one it is u have to go into a branch the [censored]ing branches are over an hour away from my dads houses and I work 6 days a week. This bank has disturbed my dad and his nerves to reset online banking. Just to think I was going to get my kids some Accra with them never in life will I refer this bank to anyone I wouldn't even set my dog a acct with navy feredal

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Mortgage loan process

I'm not sure if this is going to the appropriate office for resolution or customer service. I have had bad...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Teller, customer service

Hello, i have been working on my job now for a few months. I usually go to one branch that is closer to my job to cash my check but this particular Friday I decided to go to the one closer to my house since I was off of work. Let me first mention that each site is well over 30 mins from my home because in my area there are no Navy Federal's to be found. I moved to Richmond from the Hampton Roads are where there were plenty, so the fact that I have been here for 5 years and still bank with them should speak for itself. Anyhow, this Friday I chose to go to the Fort Lee branch off of Temple, close to the base. I was told that my check would be placed on a hold. When I asked why they could not provide me with an direct answer other than pointing to a sign that says checks may be subject to a hold. I tried to explain to them this normally happens when the acct is new, check being cashed is from a new person or employer or maybe something suspicious was going on with the account. But for them just to hold my check because of how I looked, was a discrimination. I also advised them that I had just recently cashed my last pay check at the other branch with no problem at all. They did not care. They knew, as I was told when I called the 888 number to report the discrimination, that it was totally up to them if they would accept my check or not. Here it is 4 days later and my check still hasn't cleared. I am now let on multiple bills that were do on the first and on top of that I found out from a recent call that my funds wont be released until tomorrow. This is unfair and discrimination at its best. I don't think that someone who works 10 hours overnight should have to doll up just to cash a check to make a teller feel better. The teller that served me was Linda Beverage, and the manager who could careless and actually told me out of her mouth that maybe the other branch made an exception for me but they wont. I am actually ready to close all of my accounts as soon as I find a new bank. I have been with NFCU since 2008.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Customer service

Description of Complaint: Friday on june 15 th i went to deposit a check, i had recieved from my job. I went...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Auto loan/ access # 5976882

Hello, I have been working with multiple people from Navy Federal, from going directly to a branch office...

East Lake

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Checking/customer service

My name is Brittany Wilson. Access number [protected]. My accounts were restricted on 6/1/18. I was not given...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Checking account

I made a deposit on a Sunday of 1303 and had no idea of the extra hold over 1k. This caused me over 100 in fees I contacted the bank who took no accountability in their poor online banking architecture. A financial institution of this size should have certain precautions to protect their members from making this error. I deposited guaranteed funds and was screwed drastically. I requested to speak to a manager and received no call nothing just a reiteration of their policy. So unacceptable!

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Checking account/ customer service

On May 6, 2018 while out the country on vacation. Navy Federal called me to state they had mistakenly deposited $4500 into my account and they needed to retract the money. I said OK sure, after reviewing my account I saw that when they did this they threw the balances of my checking account in the negative (I had money there before this) and they maxed out my checking line of credit which should have had close to $2000 in it. So, I called them back to rectify this the same day which was a Sunday. I was told that the account would correct itself Tuesday and I stated that's not acceptable to me as I'm on vacation and may need funds before then. They decided to extend the balance of my Checking line of Credit into my Checking account and stated that on Tuesday the temporary credit will reverse back, so I agreed. Coming off vacation a week later I noticed my checking LOC was back to normal and thought all was well until I received a call yesterday stating that the rep who was responsible for reversing my account was out and forgot to reverse the money and they will now be taking it back. Again not my fault, so now the money I thought was replaced and balanced wasn't and now I owe all the money back. I asked for an arrangement to pay the money back since this was an Navy Federal error yet again and I felt they should grant me this. The rep who is a supervisor agreed and the agreement was set for me to pay bi-wkly until paid in full and I paid the first payment during the call. I get another call today 5/23/18 from the previous rep Supervisor Shawn stating that the arrangement made was out of the previous supervisor scope and that all the money has been retracted out of my account. He continued with no apology to say that if this put me in a predicament that I can apply for a small loan to cover the now massive negative amount in my account. He continued to say that I didn't agree to an arrangement so he authorized for the whole balance to come out. I explained that I was on the phone for over an hour with the supervisor the day before and agreed to pay the money back bi-weekly so why would you turn around and draft almost $2000 out of my account after. He had no empathy, no concern what so ever for the predicament he has now put me in. I explained that I was helping my son who is relocating to a base in South Dakota and I was depending on the money I had to help him and he just said I should maybe apply for a loan. I am beyond angry at how I was treated with this whole ordeal and for Navy Federal to treat me with such ill regard is very upsetting and off putting. All he cared about was getting the money not the fact that if it wasn't for Navy Federal employees errors in my account in the first place we would even be discussing this at all. This by far is the worst experience I've ever had with any bank or institution. Not wanting to take ownership of their own errors and the unwillingness to work with the member who they have caused such a big inconvenience and disrupted my vacation and now my life with financial difficulty. The lack of empathy and concern for the predicament they put me in has caused them to loose me and my son as a member. I will be closing my account as soon as I pay them back all that is owed. I will be writing there corporate office with an official complaint.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Inhumane treatment of their members

My Name is Dianne G. 2038293 I have been a member of the NFCU for approximately 30+yrs, however in February 2017, I lost my job. With that being said I contacted NFCU as well as my other creditors to let them know my situation and how I would take care of my debt. Mind you I had 2 open products with NFCU a car payment that I owed less than $1K and a credit card bill in which I had credit protection. Needless to say, I was getting a monthly settlement in the amount of $270.00 but as soon as the deposit was put into my account "the computer would take it". It was at that point I started contacting NFCU to appeal the fact that was the only money I had because my unemployment was exhausted and I had nothing else to live on. No food no shelter period. My plea fell on deaf ears and I would continue to have people try to talk down to me and advise me on what bills they had. I was appalled! I would call them make an arrangement and they would still call and harass me or send correspondence after I called them and set up specific arrangements. This went on for months. I have never seen anything like it. These people have no compassion and will all give the same line. "It's the computer I can't do anything".

Well, I think their practice is "gangster" and if anyone feels like they cannot keep their accounts current, it is my suggestion to remove your money immediately. They will not even leave $1.00 in your accounts and that is all of your accounts except your IRA.

I hope this helps someone.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Customer service conductivity

My name is Belinda and I am a Navy Veteran. My heart goes out to any active duty military who has to deal with this institution. I could not imagine myself being on active duty and dealing with this credit union. The lack of courtesy, respect and honor is not something you get when you are a member. Each time I call this credit union I am treated really bad. Something on the upper management portion of this credit union needs to occur. Changes need to be made so that member s can feel respected and comfortable whenever calling this place. I can never ever call this credit union without drama. Navy Federal Union, please stop sending black ladies to do your dirty work, that is the oldest trick in the book. I am also African American, every time I have an issue they always send me to some shady black woman. Please stop your drama and the job you are supposed to. This is a biased, non integrity based established, that is in need of serious customer service training.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Lack of knowledge

My name is jacqueline kitt i called in @443pm to get my funds available to me like everyother thurday. I...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Excessive hard hit on credit reports for mortgage application

In the beginning of February applied online for a pre-appoval for mortgage. I assumed the application was submitted properly but after not getting feed back in over a week, I called NFCU and found the application never went through. I gave the person on the phone all my information to submit for another application for pre-approval. I pulled my credit report to find why my credit score dropped so far and found there are (2) hard hits for the same thing from NFCU.

I have called several times to get this resolved with no help from NFCU. The credit bureau states I need some one from NFCU to submit for one of the inquiries to be removed. I was told this was the only way to get any action on my request.
                    I need this quickly resolved as I am trying to purchase a home and I am under a short time line.
                    Dennis Blazer