Navy Federal Credit UnionLost title

S

My husband and I purchased a vehicle from a private seller who had a lien on the vehicle through nfcu. After we purchased the vehicle from him, he went down to the local office here in beaufort, to pay off the lien. Nfcu assured him the title would be mailed out within 2 business days regular mail. It has been over 3 weeks, and no sign of the title. I have spoken with the loan department, who cannot release any information to me, as it was not our auto loan. When the seller of the car contacts navy fed, he is instructed to have us contact the bank.

I am endlessly disgusted with how this has been handled.

• Nf
    NFMEMBERUNSAT Feb 17, 2010

I use Navy Federal in Hawaii because I refuse to use a Japanese bank. I still have a mainland bank for my military direct deposits but i use the Navy Federal account for my daughters school payment and for cashing check. I have had to two car loans with them and a small loan. The first car i had a loan with was traded in to buy a new one and paid off, it took SIX months for the dealership to get the title. The dealership kept calling us and my husband had to walk into Navy Federal 3 times to get it straightened out they still sent the title to our address!!! Everyone we talked to at Navy Federal told us a different way to take care of the situation we finally realise we had to deal with the bank supervisors to get anything done correctly. Second car loan we paid off directly it took 6 weeks to get the title in the mail. No letter attached, no instructions from Navy Federal on what we do with the tile or what actions they did to the DMV in California speed up 1 year later we took out a small loan with Navy Federal and used the car for collateral paid it off got the title in the mail with no instructions on how to take off them as a Lienholder so basically they are still on there, they have been on there since I paid off the car loan and they didnt take any actions with the titles DMV even though it is in the Electronic Lien and Title (ELT) system. So I'm annoyed and I'm starting the process of switching the title to a different state so I can sell the vehicle.
    I never had a problem with Car Loans before!!
    I'm so glad I never fully switched over to Navy Federal as my main bank from all the stories I read here and my experiences this is the worst unprofessional bank I've ever dealt with. They seem to hire new people all the time that don't know what they are doing and it's very frustrating. I realise know that most people that work for them are newly trained and don't now much so they have a attitude to cover the fact they SUCK at their job.

Do I feel the lower interest rates are worth, no because that only applied for when I was a new member but now they think they have me and don't offer as good of a interest rate anymore.
    I'm canceling my membership as soon as I leave Hawaii!

• Pe
    Pedro77 Jun 10, 2009

Yeah if any company released info to people not listed on the account then we would have a lot more I.D. Theft going on in this world then we do now. That's just like if you dropped your wallet with your social security card and drivers license in it. IF someone walking behind you picked it up and started calling around from bank to bank and saying they are your husband or wife and need to find out bits and pieces of info...before you know it you would have a mortgage in your name...and a car...and a creidt card...

• Qu
    QUITBITCHING Jun 10, 2009

I understand your complaint and that it is frustrating, however, whether you are both members or not NFCU cant release information to another person about an account they are not on. It's called the privacy act. Do you have a bill of sale?

to jenn-have you called and asked?

• Je
    jenn May 08, 2009

We have been waiting for our title for 2 months now! I guess it's lost in the mail.