Nature's Acai Berry Promotion / Never receiving promotional product but being charged $4.99 S/H then being charged for $79.96 for additional product

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-983-7968

On 1/30/09 I responded to a promotional offer to receive a 14-day supply of an acai berry product and would be charged only for S/H, $4.99. I never received the product, but I continued waiting. I got my current MC charge ststement and the $4.99 was charged. On 2/21/09 I called the company's customer service number to cancel my account and advise that I never received the promotional bottle. I was told they would ship the promo bottle, but there was nothing they could do about the "TWO" charges. When I asked what "two" charges, I was told $79.96 was charged because I did not call on the 13th day of the Trial Period to cancel! I asked how I could have done that when I never got the 14-day promo bottle
to begin with. He said there was nothing he could do. The young man spoke hard-to-understand English, so all of this was frustrating. I finally told him I wanted to speak with his supervisor. I had to hold for probably 15 minutes, but did speak with Supervisor Henry. He listened to my tale and eventually agreed to credit my account for $79.96 and close the account to future charges. He was courteous and apologized for my long wait on hold. All in all, this endeavor took up too much of my time, but I guess I am lucky that I got off with having to pay only $4.99 since no one would credit my account for the S/H charges on the bottle that never reached me. I have learned a valuable lesson...pay attention to the small print!

Rc

Comments

• Sc
      27th of Feb, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me, although I was not transferred to a supervisor just simply hung up on.I am now disputing with my credit card company.
    THis company should be investigated by law enforcement.

Ripped off in Illinois!

• Qs
      5th of Mar, 2009

I am on the phone right now with these people... She started giving me the "well..." I told her I wasn't going to take the run around and she need to get a supervisor for me. Of course she had to speak with her supervisor and such... As soon as I said I would contact my bank and state that it wasn't a charge I authorized she got the approval for the credit. Be strong with them and don't let them do this to other people

• Wh
      10th of Mar, 2009

I received my product with no paper work ad when the trial was up so they charged me the 79.96. I called and the lady was rude and a liar ! She said they were open 24/7 .. then why did they not answer when I called on SUNDAY!! They are a rip off !!! JUST WANTE TO ADD
    Yelm WA

• Su
      11th of Mar, 2009

OMG These people are criminals. I did receive my order and signed up to pay only $4.99 (shipping) which my account was charged. Then the following month because I did not call within 13 days they charged my account again $79.96. There was never anything about cancelling within 13 days I got no paperwork with my bottle so how was I suppose to know about the 13 day trial. I am on hold right now for the second time because the first time they hung up on me (after waiting 20 minutes for them to answer) after I asked to speak to a supervisor. I am not letting them get away with this - I will seek a lawyer and maybe even call Susan Warnick - channel 5 to investigate!!! Mad as hell...

Susan
    Boston, MA

• Su
      11th of Mar, 2009

OK this is a continuation to the above! They will not refund my money I spoke to Eric Andra, Supervisor who was civil to me but explained that I did not call within the 14 day period to cancel, I explained to him that I was not told I had to, no paperwork came just the bottle. I think it is in there somewhere very small print for those of you who have not cancelled they will charge your credit card again... CANCEL NOW!!! They will give you a confirmation #.

• Co
      12th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the product via computer. After submitting my order I then noticed that I had 20 days to cancel my order plus other incentives. Only a receipt came with my pills. When I called to cancel, everyone was very polite, and did agree to refund my $79.96 after asking to speak to a supervisor.

• Dw
      15th of Mar, 2009

I have also been scammed. I did receive my "FREE" bottle but returned it well within the 15 day trial. Never opened the bottle. And, they now have deducted $79, 96 out of my account. And I don't have any of there products in my possesion. Well, now 3/13/09 they have gone in there to my account again and took another $85.91 from me. So I am now in the process of getting my lawyer involved. They are terrible people to contact, they want respond to emails and they want answer the phones.
    very upset!! D.W. USA

• Ti
      16th of Mar, 2009

i agree completely. I ordered the product and it never came. when i called i told the lady that it didnt come so she "extended my triual period" then the next day i was charged 79.96. i called and talked to a supervisor and she said she would refund me but still hasnt happened!

• Je
      25th of Mar, 2009

www.nature's - acai.com:

I NEVER rec'd the samples...got billed for it on 2/13 at 4.99 and then on 2/28 I was billed 79.96 for 60 tablets which I never ordered.

PLEASE DO NOT BILL OR SEND ME ANY MORE PRODUCTS.

I to be REIMBURSED FOR PRODUCT THAT WAS SENT WITHOUT MY