Complaints & Reviews

Resolved fraud/false credit card charges

While on the Internet, I came across an offer for a FREE sample of Acai Berries. I decided to give it a try. AFTER filling out a form, I was informed that there would be a shipping cost of $4.99, so I gave them a credit card number. Then on the same website, a page came up welcoming me to the FitFactory and stating that I would be charged a fee of $29.95 per month, and that I had also agreed to a 21-day trial of Cost Smasher, which would be another $2.95 per month! I did not sign up or agree to any of these things! Before leaving the website I left this message:
"I hereby CANCEL my trial order for Nature's Best Acai Berry and the FitFactory order that piggybacked on it without my knowledge. ANY charge to my credit card will be protested and considered FRAUD! The Better Business Bureau will be notified about your deceptive practices. I will not be responsible for paying for either product.
Norma Hamm"
I received the product anyway, and my credit card has been charged.

Not Nature's Best Feb 27, 2009

I ordered a 30 day sample of Nature's Best Acai Berry for the advertised cost of shipping at $4.99. Now I have a $79.00 charge against my account. I did not authorize this charge and wish to have this charge removed from my account.

• Bo
    BobsDiscountFurniture Feb 27, 2009

Thats because you are a ###.

Found on this website:

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

I AM 61 YRS OLD AND WHAT A FOOL I WAS, TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM AS THIS COMPANY HAS, ONE MINUTE AFTER I HAD FILLED IN THE FORM AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... I CALLED MY BANK AND TRIED TO HAVE THE PAYMENT STOPPED, THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS FOR ME.. I WAS TOLD CANCEL YOUR ORDER OR YOUR DEBIT CARD... I HAD ALREADY READ THAT YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDERS, FROM READING COMPLAINTS, ONLINE..SO I HAD TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD... I COULD NOT LOOSE ANY BIG AMTS . OF MONEY..
    MY SON WORKS FOR THE FBI, AND WHEN I CALLED HIM, AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED, HE SAID TURN IT IN TO THE FBI, MOM..SO I BEGAN MY PLAN, I CALLED THE NUMBER AND ON THE SECOND TIME THEY ANSWERED, I TOLD THEM HOW ANGRY I WAS TO BE SCAMMED, AND THAT I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARD, THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ME ANYMORE, I INFORMED THEM I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO THE FBI.. AND THE NEXT 2 DAYS, THEY CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, FIRST TWO CALLES I DIDN'T ANSWER, NOT KNOWING WHO IT WAS, THIRD CALL I PICK UP ON.. THEY ASK FOR ME BY NAME AND ASK ME IF I KNEW THAT I WAS ENROLLING IN THEIR CLUB, WHEN I ASK FOR THE FREE SAMPLE, I SAID NO, NO.. AND REMINDED HIM THEY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME... I THEN EMAILED THEM WITH THE FACTS THAT I DISCOVERED ON THEIR WEBSITS, WITH PROOF THAT THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE... WELL THE NEXT DAY THEY CHANGED THEIR SITES.. REMOVING SOME PICTURES OF A GIRL CLAIMING TO BE TWO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME STORY OF WEIGHT LOSS.. BUT I HAD ALREADY COPIED THESE PAGES.. AND ALSO COPIED THE LATER, WHICH I AM TURNING OVER TO THE FBI.. I FEEL FOR ALL YOU, JUST AS I FELT FOR MYSELF, KNOWING WHAT THOSE KINDS OF WITHDRAWALS FROM MY MONEY, WOULD KILL ME.. I FEEL VERY GLAD THAT WHEN I STOPPED MY DEBIT CARD THE 5.95 WAS THEN PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT, BUT I PAID 30.00 DOLLARS TO STOP MY CARD... I WANT THIS MONEY BACK FROM PURE ACAI BERRY... PLEASE STOP YOUR CARDS FOLKS ... WE NEED TO STOP THESE SCAMS..

Also on this website:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

Sarah Feb 28, 2009

Then, not only do they use a Celebrity name on their website to sell their bogus product but this morning someone said they are now using a fake Amazon.com website to sell it!

BUYER BEWARE!

• Mi
    Mike Soffa Mar 20, 2009

The company posted an unauthorized charge to my credit card of $79.96 after I had requested and received a free sample of Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement. I did agree to shipping and handling charges of $4.99 but then 2 weeks later the unauthorized charges showed up on my charge card statement.

• Ca
    Carol Mar 23, 2009

I ordered this product as well. Not only did they charge my account for the $79.96, but they also charged me $29.95, and $2.95 for some other things they said I ordered. (I did not). So I called and for over an hour I fought with them to refund my money and I would send their stupid pills back to them. But of course, their computer was still trying to download a confirmation number and they said they will email me the confirmation number. I won't hold my breath for that. The funny thing is each transaction on my statement has a different phone number but I got the same person. One of these numbers was in Nevada, and the others were in Utah. There really needs to be a law against this. I learned a valuable lesson. I will never do this again.

Resolved recurring charges on bank card

They promote a Free Trial Product for $4.99 S & H and if not satisfied return unused before the 15 day trial period and nothing will be charged. However, the charges and products keep coming even after you send the product back using the RMS number they give and in my case I even sent the product back by mail with a signature required return slip, the bottles keep coming. The company for the Colon Cleanse even have a representative that you can E-mail via Live Support and get the return number needed but on the Acai Berry portion of his SCAM you cannot get through on the number provided [protected]. Please look into stopping this Company that is SUPPOSEDLY located at 20100 S. Vermont Ave. Torrance Ca 90502. Thank You GERI of Abq

Resolved horrible services

I WAS A VICTIM TOO... WE NEED JUSTICE FOR THIS! ITS NOT BECAUSE OF THE MONEY THEY GET FROM US BUT BECAUSE OF...

Resolved Major Rip Off

I ordered the supposedly FREE sample of Natures Best Acai Berry Supplement on 2/4/09 from...

Resolved Its not a scam

I have read alot about the company that they are a fraud and they scam people but i for one don't agree...

Resolved Charges to my bank account

The fact that this company continues to exist bothers me to no end. I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered a free trial and they sent me two bottles. Apparently, somewhere in the literature they sent me it informed me that if I didn't want to be charged, I needed to send the second bottle back. They've charged me for it now and said if I can get BOTH bottles back to them by the first week of April (next week), I can get my money back. My bank is going after them, thank God, but I'm still angry.

I want to know how we can have a bigger and louder voice to shut these idiots down.

• Gn
    GNS May 24, 2009

We're sorry for the inconvenience and confusion you experienced with us. The offer that you signed up for sounds like our buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the 21 day free trial:

Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.

When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).

Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

So it seems like the $79.90 billing was not for additional product but for the product you had already received. Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 so that we can assist you and possibly offer a monetary refund.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor at GNS

Resolved Unauthorized credit card withdrawal

Signed up for "free trial" of Acai Berry. I had 14 days to cancel, which started the day I ordered, or I would be charged $79.69 for the "free trial " bottle. Mysteriously, it took 17 days for the delivery of the product. The invoice I received with it had NO contact/ customer service number on it. Then 3 weeks later I was shipped ANOTHER bottle and charged an additional $85.91. This time the invoice had a contact number on it. I called to cancel and found out they had enrolled me in 2 additional programs. This has to be one of the biggest scams out there! Please stop this company from swindeling other unsuspecting people. DO NOT ORDER from this company!! They are liars and cheats who prey on people who want to lose weight!
STOP THEM!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

Company Employee Mar 18, 2009

Claire,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! These terms also included all of the information regarding the billing, pricing, and timing of the other risk free trials in which you agreed to be enrolled when you signed up for our product. Furthermore, it would have been helpful had you contacted the company when you initially noticed a delay in your shipping. Unfortunately, many customers improperly enter their information into our system and due to the sheer volume of orders we get each day, when it comes time to process your order it gets placed on hold until such a time as your information can be corrected. This process would have been greatly sped along had you called to inquire about your shipment. At that time we could have not only verified your address and reshipped your product, but our service agents might also have been able to extend your trial period to give you sufficient time to experience our wonderful product. Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

Resolved fraud

I was made aware today that my credit card was being charged for a monthly fee of $85.91 for a product that I was only aware I was trying for free with a $ 4.99 shippment charge. The Company, Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement, is now impossible to find online, and doesn't send any statements or information on how to contact them about their product. And still more frightening to me, is that they give your credit card information to two of their subsidiary companies, Cost Smashers ( [protected]) and Fit Factor ([protected]), and enroll you in their monthly programs and fees as well. Where does this end? I'm not sure. What I do know is that today, March 17, 2009, you are able to contact this company at [protected]. My advice to anyone having probems with this company is to do your best to contact them and cancel all the information they have on you, and to contact your credit card company to file fraud charges. ALSO, have a new card with a new number sent to you to ensure the fraudulent charges STOP!

• Tr
    Tracy Ball Feb 13, 2009

I purchased a 30 day free trail of Acai Berry Diet Supplement, I received it on Feb. 4th 2009. I was then charged $79.96 for additional product on Feb. 12th 2009. I was not even time to cancel any more product.

• Ju
    JustRead Feb 13, 2009

Most of these Acai Berry sites that sell a "free trial, " of their product, do say that you have X amount of days to call and cancel from the date you gave them your card number. Whether you've recieved the product or not, by then, they WILL CHARGE YOU, since they do not show you called to cancel within the X amount of days. These sites/companies pretty much count on people NOT to read the "fine print." They hope you will just keep clicking submit, continue, and OK all the way to the end without reading much more, than those buttons. If you go to a site that says "FREE TRIAL, " and then a page or two later they're asking for a card number, checking acct number, and a routing number, DON'T TYPE A THING... THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CHARGE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. Read the fine print, print the fine print for your records BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY FORM OF PAYMENT. If you cancel BEFORE the trial period ends, be sure to get a cancel confirmation number, take note of the date, and get the name of the person you spoke to, this will help your financial institution if they will try to dispute your charge. If the merchant has all of their terms posted out there and you the consumer are in too much of a rush to receive your "free trial" of the world's latest/greatest product and you DON'T READ THE FINE PRINT... YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED EVERY PENNY.

Company Employee Feb 13, 2009

On Behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our 14-day risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offer an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Li
    linda Mar 14, 2009

I too feel as if I have been taken by this same company. I have tried for days to reach them by phone to cancel and, request a refund of the 79.96 as the product actually made me ill. I was told that I could not have a refund, could not return the product and could not speak with a supervisor.
    I am going to report this to my credit union with whom I have my cc so we will see what happens but I truly feel this is a scam whether or not it is in the small print...

Resolved Fraud

Company advertised "free" sample product - Acai Berry Edge - In small print on the bottom of the bill which shows a unit price of $0.00 and shipping (no complaint on shipping which has been paid) that it intends to charge automatically for $79.90 to complete payment on March 27, 2009. I have advised them by email to an address which was on their billing that I would not accept any further charges, orders or shipments and would invalidate any additional charges that appeared on my credit card.

This was an Internet order to Colorado.

Company address 6452 Fig Street Ste A, Arvada, CO 80004

Kirk Greiner
PO Box 3390
Lynnwood, WA 98046

Fraud

• Gn
    GNS Jun 07, 2009

To: Kirk Greiner

The charge of $79.90 that you received was not for an additional product. It was for the completion of the try it before you buy it offer that you originally signed up for. Below you will find the terms and conditions for the offer that you signed up for. Your invoice also stated that you were in enrolled in the VIP Club, and that 2 units at $34.95 per unit would be shipped to you on April 20, 2009. An additional 2 units will ship every 45 days following the first auto-ship. When you emailed us and stated that you were not going accept any further charges, orders or shipments, we cancelled your future shipments and future billings . The $79.90 charge can not be cancelled unless you return our product back within your 30 day money back guaranteed. I hope this helps and clears up any confusions you had.

Sincerely,

Supervisor at GNS

Acai Berry Edge 21 day trial

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:

Resolved Free Trial Offer Tribulation

I filed this complaint earlier today but am uncertain as to whether I correctly submitted it so I repeat. I ordered a free trial of Pure Acai Berry and Colo Flush product from Advanced Wellness. Within hours Visa denied our gas charge. When I contacted Visa the rep told me they had so many fraudulent charge complaints relating to this company by their customers that they wanted to check with me to confirm whether the gas charge was legit. Also, Visa rep told me about the reocurring charges that would be taken out of my account. I had NEVER heard of the term or conditions of the free trial and was clueless about authorizing a reoccurring charge. So I made efforts to cancel and tried to contact the company. First I called and tried to get a rep to discuss the order. Although I heard the blarring music the rep who answered claimed he could not hear me and hung up. Then I tried the cancellation dept but although I could hear the loud music, I could not hear the rep so I hung up. Later I tried again the "discuss your order" number and got a rep but my effort to cancel was not satisfactory. No cancellation numbers were given and emails confirming my cancellation that were promised were never sent.
So I had to close my Visa account and am now waiting for new cards. Visa advised me that getting a new account was the only sure way to prevent additional charges. One more note, the 78 monthly charge is outrageous...the Acai product has caffeine equivalent to 2 cups of coffee per pill...it only takes pennies for me to make that much coffee, so I am not certain of the product content or the truthfulness of the label. My brief experience with the company was horrific and I am glad I escaped with a total loss of ten dollars...I would never purchase from Advanced Wellness again NEVER

Resolved Unlawful Billing

I ordered the "free" trail offer and expected to be billed the agreed upon amount of shipping; to my disgust, I found that I had been billed the full amount before receiving the product. I was duped, so I called the company before their advertised billing date and canceled everything, I was very specific when telling the customer service rep. that I wanted EVERYTHING stopped.
I was convinced that took care of the billing and everything... guess what? It didn't... I was billed again just this month and when I called to ask why I keep getting billed, the rep. stated that I never called to cancel the order(s). So in a fit of rage, I told those idiots to stop billing me!
So, out of curiosity, I called back... and was sent to an automated billing center... it asked for my account info.; upon entering my information the automated system stated that my account was still ACTIVE!!
Good god... I called twice and demanded that they stop taking funds from my credit card and it is STILL active... so now I have to go through my financial institution to put a stop on all billing from these thieves.
This company is either full of ###s or they are simply scamming unsuspecting people and stealing money with a product that nobody wants and is probably ground up weeds to begin with!!!

Resolved Scam- -Buyer beware

OMG! Do not order any free trials on line because you will end up paying big time. After you're lured by the free trial add with the hidden membership subscription you will get billed for a huge amount on your credit card as an unauthorized charge. I was billed $83.18 for something that wasn't even worth it.

I called the company to cancel the membership I never wanted but they would not refund my money. I closed my Visa credit card just in case they tried to bill me again and guess what, they tried to bill me again. I put a red flag out on my credit card not to let these charges go through. They said these internet free trial scams are happening a lot. Please pass on the info and tell your friends not to go for the free trials when they ask for credit information.

• Gi
    Ginger Mar 28, 2009

THEY JUST RIPPED ME OFF, TOO! I'M GOI NG TO THE BANK TO DO THE SAME AS THE ABOVE PERSON BECAUSE "COLON ZEN" CHARGED ME FOR A SHIPMENT THAT I DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE! THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO CALL DURING THE 14 DAYS AFTER PLACING MY ORDER AND THAT SINCE I DID NOT CALL THEM TELLING THEM THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE THE ORDER, IT IS A VALID CHARGE AND IT'S MY OWN FAULT BECAUSE THE "SUPERVISOR" NAMED "JEFF" SAID THAT I DID NOT CALL BEFORE THE 14 DAYS WAS UP FROM THE DAY I PLACED THE ORDER!!!???!!! I TOLD THEM THAT THEY CANNOT CHARGE ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE AND THAT EVERYBODY IN LEGITIMATE, HONEST BUSINESS DEALINGS KNOWS TO ALLOW AT LEAST 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A SHIPMENT TO ARRIVE FROM THE DAY THAT IT IS SHIPPED OUT AND IN MANY CASES SHIPMENTS AREN'T MAILED FOR DAYS, EVEN WEEKS...SOME ARE MAILED THE NEXT DAY BUT THE TRIAL PERIOD I ASKED FOR GAVE ME A 15-DAY "TRIAL PERIOD"...IN WHICH TO TRY THE PRODUCT AND THEN YOU WILL BE CHARGED, ETC. ETC. AFTER THAT PERIOD...BUT "JEFF" SAID THAT THE 15 DAYS STARTS THE MOMENT THE ORDER IS PLACED!!! I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! THIS IS A NEW ONE ON ME!!! THIS IS A WHOLE NEW TYPE OF SCAM THAT I WASN'T EVEN AWARE OF!! BOY, PLEASE, ANY OF YOU OUT THERE...UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS THAT ARE SEARCHING FOR A PRODUCT TO TRY SUCH AS THIS ONE, "DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH WITH THIS "BRAND NEW" PRODUCT...THIS IS APPARENTLY A COMPANY READY TO PREY ON INNOCENT NAIVE GULLIBLE PEOPLE LEKE MYSELF!!!" PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T TRY THEIR "LIE"! THEY WON'T BE FORTHRIGHT AND HONEST AND DO THE "RIGHT THING"!!! i JUST SPENT A VERY LONG TIME ON THE PHONE TRYING SOOO HARD TO GET THEM TO UNDERSTAND HOW RIDICULOUS THIS SITUATION IS AND THEY KEPT SAYING "IT'S A VALID CHARGE"...IN WHAT WORLD??? I HAVE TO ASK...i RECEIVED ABSOLUTELY "no" CORRESPONDENCE FROM THEM WHATSOEVER...IN ANY FORM...MY EMAIL, PHONE, NOTHING!!! EXCEPT FOR IT SHOWING UP ON MY BANK ACCOUNT AS "WHEATGRASSCLEANSE"

• To
    toto1 Jul 31, 2009

That happened to me too.
    They used different names for the products but it's the same place. and there's no confirmation email of the trial order.
    I didnt even receive my bottle until 2 weeks later, never had a chance at the 'free' trial even if I read the fine print.
    I was on hold for 20 minutes just to be told there's no refund even if I return an unopened bottle. they said to return it so there will be no future billing and they hung up on me before giving me an address.
    I told the bank too.

• La
    ladyrose Aug 12, 2009

I have not received my products either for acai or colon zen. I have two numbers for colon zen and I keep getting a disconnect sound. can someone help me with providing a number fo colon zen. i have 1-866-635-6069 or 1-866-949-0138

• Up
    UPSET MINNESOTAN Aug 24, 2009

I agree with all the above statements, they're scam artists, run, don't go near that site, I did not receive my orders till after the 2 week period, and then they added an additional bottle that cost $49.95, plus $82, and $84 for acai berry detox, and colon zen. so I'm being charged over $280, talked to credit card holder and was infored I needed to send all 3 back with delivery confirmation, and signature confirmation, so theycould try and help me get the charges removed, cost me over $15, got nothing to keep, also had to close that credit card account so they can't keep charging me, its a NIGHTMARE !!

• La
    LAY Sep 01, 2009

I agree. I called my credit card company and they told me to attempt to deal with them directly and I did. I called the company with the number that is listed on the credit card listing and waited a while till someone answered. We talked about the order for 14 day trial and I was told that that was the original order but I repeat that "I" upped that to the 30 day supply. I did NO such thing and when I told them that and began to get upset they faked a bad connection and dropped me. Now according to the credit card company I will have to fight the charge and possibaly waite for as long as 3 months for any out come.

There was nothing on the web site that said they were going to send you a 30 day supply and wait for you to call and cancle. So when I tried to call for information the wait was too long and they kept directing me to another web site to place an order. When I did not follow through I received calls from them for 2 days, I called the number back and they offered me "THE SAME 14 DAY DEAL" for 99 cents delivery, so I agreed. Before I received the product they kept calling to see if I wanted to increase the order, I DECLINED - they sent me a 30 day supply and charged me. If there is small print like another person said - then I am screwed!!! I am going to follow through with this with the credit card company I hope they will help. How do we fight back?!?!?!?!?
    I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!!

• Hb
    Hbell Sep 10, 2009

Crooks ... no doubt as they tried a variation of the scam on me too. I'm waiting for checks to bounce and then I'm toast. Btw... if you allowed the postage to be withdrawn from your checking... your bank will give you 10000 reasons why they will not stop the draw.. lovely right? Maybe they are kicking back to the banks?

I suggest you go to your state league of women voters and find the list of your representatives, legislators and congressmen to email complaints as well as the better business bureau.

This... is how you get the owners of this company noticed... unless they are kicking back $ like the banking industry. I doubt it, as they appear to be unchecked in their theft and the process of stealing from people.

Good luck..

• Si
    silvia jager-lo Oct 12, 2009

I totally agreed, it is a scam. they charged me a total of $79.95 x2 and 3.95 x2. I was able to dispute the charges with my credit card company. they send me another 2 bottles recently from the mail and when I questioned about that, they said the same thing that they are sending me in 15 days if I don't call to cancel the membership...can't believe people do business like this!

• Wo
    woe042 Nov 05, 2009

I ordered ColonZen and received a bottle called Colon Cleanse. It was supposed to be a free sample & all I had to pay was 99 cents for postage, which was charged to my debit card. My bank's credit fraud dept. called me about 3 days later because I had 4 additional charges on my account... three to paypal for charges that totalled over $400 plus another $10 charge for charity. I had to close out that debit card, etc. Quite a mess. Wish I'd read these comments first. I found the Colon Zen thru a news link discussing colonoscopies.

Chuck Turner Nov 17, 2009

Here is a company (Eagle Web Assets) promoting this Colon Zen scam (see their Twitter page for proof):

ColonZen (Coupon) is our top converting colon offer on the network now! Be sure to use the coupon code on your LP to increase conversions. 5:33 PM Nov 16th from Twidget

Company promoting this scam is:

Eagle Web Assets Inc.

[email protected]

EMail: [email protected]
    Phone: 805.680.8449

Resolved SCAM!!!

I too was taken by this scam! I actually received my product but I never saw anything in that ad about 15 day trial or any other charges. I see that one person actually got a refund. I was not so lucky. They refused saying that you have to cancel within the 15 day trial period. I am so mad! I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau online. The name of the company is Fit Factory out of Utah. I found that through a search using the telephone number that I called. [protected]. Yes, I also spoke to two people who could barely speak english. I hope others will contact the better business bureau. I don't know if it will help, but someone has to stop these crooks!

• Yv
    yvonne medina Mar 18, 2009

Re Acaiberry and Cologenix: I had a similar problem with the Acaiberry & Cologenix companies.. The ad I saw was partnered up with a trial colon cleanse offer (cologenix) which stated as seen on the Rachael Ray show. I received the Acai trial product, but never received the colongenix. When I received my credit card bill, I had already been billed $87.13 and $85.91, at a period of time which was well within my 15 day trial period I immediately called both companies and after several attempts I was able to speak to the Acai Company rep, who was hesitant to apply the refund to my credit card. I told him that I was going to call my credit card company immediately and not authorize payment since I: 1) never received the $85.91 product and ; 2) I was in my time frame to cancel. I never heard from the cologenix. So I disupted thier $87.13 charge and was told by my credit card company that they would apply a credit. This month when I received my credit card bill I had another unauthorized charge of $29.95 and $2.95 from companies called Life style and fitness and costsmashcom. When I called the credit card company, I was told that these charges were from Acaiberry company. BUYERS beware. I was fortunate that their billing mistake was during the trial period. I could not find an e-mail customer service department and calling took a 30 min wait after several attempts (two days) of no one picking up the phone. Cologenix never answered the phone and never responded to the credit card company.

I would not recommend these products and you can find them cheaper elsewhere without being locked into a crazy billing system.
    Next time you feel compelled to buy something look for reviews.

Resolved Fraudalent advertising & credit card charges

This company offered a free sample of Acai Berry with a $4.95 shipping and handling charge. There was supposed to be a 14 day trial period. I cancelled long before the trial period was up (based on adverse information I received about this product) and returned their product immediately, yet I got a $79.96 charge on my Credit Card which was put on the very day they got my information on the phone. I have returned their product, sample and all as it arrived and have been trying to get this charge off my Capitol One Credit Card A/c. for five months now. This is outright fraud. Judging by the number complaints on the Internet, this appears to be a concerted effort to swindle the public. Certainly, there must be some way to put them out of business.

Company Employee Mar 14, 2009

Brennan,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

Resolved Unauthorized Credit Card Charge

Natures-Acai Berry Complaints - Unauthorized credit card charge

I received a sample/trial of this produce at a small charge of 4.99 on Feb.4, 2009 and cancelled all trial terms on Feb. 10, 2009, which was within the 14 day free-trial period. I received 3 different cancellation confirmation numbers from the rep and she ASSURED me that I wouldn't see a charge on my credit card. This March 09, 2009 an unauthorized charge appeared on my credit card for $85.91 from Natures Acai. I called and spoke with a SUPERVISOR who told me that the monthly charge was never cancelled! Supposedly, this time it is cancelled, and of course I received ANOTHER confirmation number.

• Li
    Lin Mar 09, 2009

I was taken for an idiot when I ordered a FREE trial sample of the Acai Berry diet pills. After I ordered the first trial sample, I didn't "call to cancel my monthly plane" which i NEVER AGREED TO and was then continuously charged for two months another 69.99 for more bottles of pills which I never ordered!! When I called customer service. They began to yell at me, and insult me telling me that I did not know how to manage my own money or my bank account. The agent told me that I had to wait till he was finished before I could talk. They were RUDE AND HORRENDOUSLY INSULTING. I want my 140.00 back!

Company Employee Mar 10, 2009

Lin,

• Jc
    jcuervo Mar 31, 2009

The responses "on behalf of Nature's Acai Berry" are ludicrous. They don't address the issues concerning the poor customer service that the person writing in to complain about received. The health "benefits" claimed are bogus, and are all in the mind of the user. The Acai Berry "beverage, " claims to be about $40 a bottle, and yet this Nature's Acai Berry costs about $86 a month. The costs are not disclosed up front and the product is "sold" by inducing people to give out their credit card number in order to take advantage of a "free trial, " obligating the consumer to a negative option clause contract that is buried in the fine print under the Terms and Conditions section. The claims that Oprah and Rachael Ray endorse this product are false and are stated as such at their websites. If the Acai Berry pills are so helpful, why not buy them from a GNC or other recognized health food store instead of going through all this negative option cancellation nonsense? In addition, GNC and others charge far less than $86 for a supply of these Acai Berry pills and consumers don't know ahead of time, when they order online what they're getting, if it even shows up. One thing's for certain, and that is, that you're credit card will be charged early and often, something not as likely to happen at a GNC or similar store.

Resolved scam illegal transactions

After I order this product I only had to pay $1.98. I was charged twice. I paid through my credit card but apparently they did not receive the payment so I paid through my check card.I was then debited three times for I product I only received once. I called the company about eleven times and it is my belief they store your number and don't answer after they "allegedly" canceled my order. The charge appeared then disappeared then appeared as twice as much three days later. Total and complete scam. I called my bank and was required to sign an affidavit to prosecute.

• Vi
    vicbryson Feb 19, 2009

On 17 February someone from your company went into my e-mail account and used my website for over two hours sending everyone on my contact list e-mails telling them that I had tried the Acai Berry pills and had lost weight. I have the e-mails from the contacts asking me why i am sending them that information. I never sent any of my contacts information about your pills. I would never ask them to take your pills. I read the information about the side effects and the pills that I purchased I threw in the garbage. Please stop using my website to contact my friends and stay out of my website.

jazzed42 Mar 08, 2009

I ordered the trial bottle of their product Acai Berry Pro. I called them and cancelled account and got a return athorization number within 2 days of receiving the package. The sales person tried to get me to buy their product at a reduced rate. Their website says no questioned asked as to why you return the product but that is not true. When you try to cancel, the sales person keeps asking you for a return reason. He stated that I would get a refund.

I sent the package back and got a tracking number from the post office.
    I thought this was taken care of until I got the next month's shipment. I called again. The sales person asked why I was calling. Explained situation and he asked me again why I was calling. Then he proceeded to ask me if I would like to continue receiving their product at a reduced rate. H3ll No.

The company charged me $80 for a full first month of the tablets and another $83 for the next month's supply. Apparently, they did not get my return package they stated in time and my account was not cancelled. After I told the clerk (Sean) that I did send back the trial period in a timely manner and had a tracking number from the post office, he stated that he will submit a refund. They said that last time too.

Do not order from this company. You will regret it.

Resolved Deceiptive Terms, Rip-Off

I ordered the Acai Berry Edge product from a promo offer to help me with diet and weight loss. When I got the...

Resolved Aci Berry is a scam

Please do not buy this product unless you read the fine print very carefully and are prepared to spend $79.96. I order the product last month and received the order after 15 days. They tell you that you can return the product within 15 days of the when the product is shipped!. Well I did not get my product until day 14. I called the company and asked if I could have my money back b/c I noticed I was charged $79.96 instead of the $4.99 offered on their website. I was told no I chould not. I was told I should have read the fine [protected]@!!!.
Well, I asked to speak to the manager. I waited on the phone for 20 minutes only to be told by the manager that she is not authorized to refund my money!!!. Lovely. This company is a scam big time!!!

• Ca
    carrie May 22, 2009

Everything that you have read in the comment section about the Aci Berry company is TRUE. Ihave been trying to get my 82.00 back for a month. They claim they can't connect you to a billing department and each time I ask for a supervisor I'm put on hold for 20 minutes until they finally hang up on me. The pills are a 30 day trial for free, you just supposely pay for shipping. It is a lie. What they took off my card in one day has taken me a month to try to get put back on and still haven't succeed.

Resolved UNAUTHORIZE USE OF CREDITCARD

UNAUTHORIZED TAKING OF FUNDS/USE OF CREDIT CARD. THEY DO NOT ANSWER PHONES EVEN AT BUISNESS HOURS LISTED AND DO NOT ANSWER EMAIL MSGS. YOU CAN NOT GET CUSTOMER SERVICE TO QUESTION AND OR STOP THEM FROM TAKING FUNDS ON A REGULAR BASIS. THEY WONT TAKE OR ADMIT RECIEVING PILLS SENT BACK. JUST A COMPLETE SCAM, AND UNORTHODOX WAY OF DOING(TAKING MONEY)FROM THE PUBLIC. PLEASE STOP THESE PEOPLE...

• HaroldSays Mar 07, 2009

Report the unauthorized charges to your bank and ask them to put a "fraud alert" on your credit card. Also report them to the AG office in your state as well as in the state where they are headquartered. You also want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov. If you have questions or need further help email me. I will be glad to help you. If you want to know more about me, who I am and what I do, Google Search me...HaroldSays. I wish you the best with your complaint.

Janie J James Mar 16, 2009

This has also happened to me. I got the free trial with acai berry and had no trouble cancelling the acai berry when I found out how expensive it was and also a cream with the same offer and had no problem cancelling it. But the RezV I can't reach anyone or even the e mail address on the bottle. I have called my cc company and they are starting proceedures to take it off my account as I didn't ask for anymore. My name is j.j. and I hope this is taken care of and I'll be more careful next time. Actually, I was and I read all the information. So, I don't know how I got hood winked into this. Good luck to us all on getting the problem resolved.

• Le
    legalgal Mar 21, 2009

I got the trial bottle and low and behold, today we found an unauthorized charge of nearly $88.00 on the debit card. This is very upsetting. Guess Monday I'll start making calls.

Resolved want to cancel and web site to chat live does not exsit

If you order trail they say they give you 15days to cancel if you call the take your number and say they will call you back. The web site www.mytrailsupport.com say you can cancel with chat live which does not exsit.