National Car Rental / charging for services not authorized!

1 4893 prince William parkway #201Woodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-580-6611

Hired a car from national car rental at heathrow airport. Returned sat 5th january 2008. Received a receipt upon return which states car in tact and undamaged. There was previous scratches to the car which was pointed out to the gate when taking other than there was no damage to the car. They made a charge on my credit card of 25 pounds for tires and windshield which I have no idea what they are talking about. This charge was never authorized by me and so amounts to theft.

I am prepared to attend court rather than let the thieves get away with. I am a former british citizen and this reflects badly on the integrity of british business. I will never use them again. I will also be making a complaint to my credit card company.

I wonder how many times they do this. It is criminal no more no less.

Bob lessemun.

Comments

• Ro
      21st of Feb, 2008

This matter was resolved amicably and I have no further complaint with this company.

• Sr
      15th of Jun, 2008

i too have the same problems with nationacar hire in the uk " lincoln region "

rude and bullying staff and discriination towards disabled people and ethnic people. and here is the list of problems i had with one vechicle they dropped off for me.

1. the car was dirty
    2. off side rear full side scratches
    3. off side front wheel trim chipped and damaged
    4. near side front wheel trim chipped and damaged
    5. sever damage to rear screen wiper and broken and missing bits
    6. No dust caps on any wheel.
    7. Engine oil level low and not showing up on dip stick, light visible on dash board.
    8. Mileage did not match the paper work 4518 actual mileage 4539 on delivery.
    9. The name was wrong on the documents.
    10. And billing information supplied was incorrect.
    11. And the collection document was wrong as well.
    12. the bad attitude by the deliverer Paul
    13. The rude and force full manner by the Lincoln manager and mouthy and rude manner by area manager carol on collection of vehicle.
    14. Diesel fuel running down the side of the car and the fuel car lose or not connected properly fuel cap.
    15. tires on the car not inflated to correct tire pressure
    16. battery cover not on and floating around engine bay.

and bold tires on one of the vehicles i hadthey are rubish goto avis.