MTN / they will not cancel contract

1 United States

Wednesday 7th october we had had enough of no telkom adsl, and decided to purchase fastlink and data contract.
Currrently we use my mobile, nokia navigator, to connect. I need faster speeds as I work from home. We installed the system easily, but could not get it to work. After many phone calls to support we discover that we cannot get 3g in this area, honeydew. Mtn-edge works but at half the speed of my mobile! No point in that, so we went back to cancel. Absolute refusal, we have to 'prove' that it does not work. How do we do that? We want it to work. It does not. 3 hours later, northgate refuse to take back the modem, and we are transferred to many people at the 'customer service' none of whom are at their desks. None of them can help us! Their attitude stinks - they could just have politely apologised and then we would have just been dissapointed customers, now we are furious!

Mtn have sold us something (2 days ago) that does not work, as a consumer I am entitled to return the item and get my money back!!!

Ym