Motorola Cell Phone / irreparable faulty piece not being replaced within guarantee period!

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a piece from Sangeetha, Bangalore and with in a short time it developed a fault. I gave to service centre and within a week same fault started indicating that it is not repairable. On approaching I was told that it can not be replaced and will again be serviced.today is the 5th day and was told by Mr. Hari GM-Sangeetha that with in 2 days it will be delivered without any fail after repairs.I talked yesterday and was told that latest by today afternoon it will definitely be delivered. Now it is 7.40pm and there has neither been any communication or any call from my cell is being attended to. Furthermore, I had complained to Motorola call centre also with a request to exchange with a new good piece. I gave the job no and there has not been any action. Never buy Motorola products!

Comments

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2009

I fully agree with the complaint. I bought E6 and within warranty period found hand set hanging. I had given the set for warranty repairs to Redington India limited, Egmore, Chennai on 18th June 2009.
    After 20 days of frantic calls to service centre and motorola call centre, now they are telling the set will be delivered on 20th of July. A cool 32 days. Motorola must have saved due to minimum spare maintenance but I am without mobile phone for 32 days.

Motorola sets are not suitable for Indian condition.

• Es
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

• De
      29th of Sep, 2010

They suck I'm from Canada motorola will not honor their warranty if not happy with your phone with in a month you will get your money back I purchase the charm the batterys are no good now on my second battery form telus 5 hours battery and that is just talking and texting you I was told I can send it in for repair or talk to telus again I going to try telus tomorrow. I told them that they new the battery in this phone was no good before it went on the
    market. Telus and moto hav a really good scam going on here they are nothing but big [censor] criminals